Aug. 25th, 1968
Glens Falls, New York, USA
Rachael Ray's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Chef
Herself - Guest
Herself - Celebrity Player
Lives in the Adirondacks with her husband, mother, a dog, a cat and two fishes. Has a younger brother named Emmanuel (Manny) and an older sister named Maria. Moved to upstate New York when she was in first grade. At one time her family owned several restaurants called the Carvery in and around Falmouth and Mashpee, Massachusetts.
After college, she worked as candy manager at Macy's Marketplace in New York. She was promoted to the fresh food section, then left Macy's and became a chef and buyer at a gourmet store. She moved out of the New York City and while working in a shop in Albany. She held cooking lessons in the store and caught the attention of a local television station. The station began cooking segments which later became "30 Minute Meals" (2001) . She has authored several cookbooks including Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals and The Open House Cookbook. She garnered national attention from a segment on the "Today" (1952) show during a blizzard.
- FHM featured a pictorial of her in the October 2003 issue. She was later voted #92 on FHM-US's 100 Sexiest Women of 2004.
- Ray's grandfather Emmanuel was a stonemason who emigrated from Sicily to the Adirondacks.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $16 million.
- Has worked with, and is a friend of 'Oprah Winfrey' (qv).
- Has a plaque in her home that reads, "'Martha Stewart (II)' (qv) doesn't live here".
- Has a magazine called Every Day with Rachael Ray.
- Rachael has endorsed products for Price Chopper and Burger King.
- Proceeds from the sale of her book, "Yum-o!: The Family Cookbook", will benefit the Yum-o! Organization, her foundation designed to empower kids and families to develop healthy relationships with food and cooking .