Aug. 25th, 1968
Glens Falls, New York, USA
Rachael Ray's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Chef
Herself - Celebrity Player
Lives in the Adirondacks with her husband, mother, a dog, a cat and two fishes. Has a younger brother named Emmanuel (Manny) and an older sister named Maria. Moved to upstate New York when she was in first grade. At one time her family owned several restaurants called the Carvery in and around Falmouth and Mashpee, Massachusetts.
After college, she worked as candy manager at Macy's Marketplace in New York. She was promoted to the fresh food section, then left Macy's and became a chef and buyer at a gourmet store. She moved out of the New York City and while working in a shop in Albany. She held cooking lessons in the store and caught the attention of a local television station. The station began cooking segments which later became "30 Minute Meals" (2001) . She has authored several cookbooks including Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals and The Open House Cookbook. She garnered national attention from a segment on the "Today" (1952) show during a blizzard.
- Engaged to musician 'John M. Cusimano' (qv) - wedding in September 2005.
- Pasta carbonara has a special place in Rachael's and her husband's heart. She made it for the first birthday of his that they spent together.
- Ray's grandfather Emmanuel was a stonemason who emigrated from Sicily to the Adirondacks.
- Boston Red Sox fan.
- Rachael has endorsed products for Price Chopper and Burger King.
- On the December 5, 2006 episode of her syndicated television show, _"Rachael Ray" (2006)_ (qv), Rachael was presented with a certificate by Erin McKean, the editor-in-chief of American Dictionaries, which declares that "EVOO" (extra-virgin olive oil) will be added to the 2007 Oxford American College Dictionary. Rachael began using this term on her shows on the Food Network - after a while 'extra-virgin olive oil' is a lot to say repeatedly.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $16 million.
- She has a pit bull named Isaboo (nicknamed Boo) and goldfish named Jaws and Orca.