Aug. 25th, 1968
Glens Falls, New York, USA
Rachael Ray's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Lives in the Adirondacks with her husband, mother, a dog, a cat and two fishes. Has a younger brother named Emmanuel (Manny) and an older sister named Maria. Moved to upstate New York when she was in first grade. At one time her family owned several restaurants called the Carvery in and around Falmouth and Mashpee, Massachusetts.
After college, she worked as candy manager at Macy's Marketplace in New York. She was promoted to the fresh food section, then left Macy's and became a chef and buyer at a gourmet store. She moved out of the New York City and while working in a shop in Albany. She held cooking lessons in the store and caught the attention of a local television station. The station began cooking segments which later became "30 Minute Meals" (2001) . She has authored several cookbooks including Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals and The Open House Cookbook. She garnered national attention from a segment on the "Today" (1952) show during a blizzard.
- Engaged to musician 'John M. Cusimano' (qv) - wedding in September 2005.
- Gets her love of food "with garlic and oil" from her mother, Elsa Scuderi, and her grandfather, Emmanuel.
- Lives in a small, rustic, lakeside cabin in the town of Lake Luzerne in the Adirondacks with her husband, 'John M. Cusimano' (qv), and her mother, Elsa Scuderi. Her mother was the food supervisor for several Howard Johnson's. Rachael even was a waitress at Howard Johnson.
- She has a pit bull named Isaboo (nicknamed Boo) and goldfish named Jaws and Orca.
- Has a magazine called Every Day with Rachael Ray.
- Has worked with, and is a friend of 'Oprah Winfrey' (qv).
- Ray's grandfather Emmanuel was a stonemason who emigrated from Sicily to the Adirondacks.
- Named #71 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).