Aug. 25th, 1968
Glens Falls, New York, USA
Rachael Ray's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Lives in the Adirondacks with her husband, mother, a dog, a cat and two fishes. Has a younger brother named Emmanuel (Manny) and an older sister named Maria. Moved to upstate New York when she was in first grade. At one time her family owned several restaurants called the Carvery in and around Falmouth and Mashpee, Massachusetts.
After college, she worked as candy manager at Macy's Marketplace in New York. She was promoted to the fresh food section, then left Macy's and became a chef and buyer at a gourmet store. She moved out of the New York City and while working in a shop in Albany. She held cooking lessons in the store and caught the attention of a local television station. The station began cooking segments which later became "30 Minute Meals" (2001) . She has authored several cookbooks including Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals and The Open House Cookbook. She garnered national attention from a segment on the "Today" (1952) show during a blizzard.
- Engaged to musician 'John M. Cusimano' (qv) - wedding in September 2005.
- Was once a manager at Mr. Brown's Pub in the 5-star Sagamore Hotel in the Adirondacks.
- On the December 5, 2006 episode of her syndicated television show, _"Rachael Ray" (2006)_ (qv), Rachael was presented with a certificate by Erin McKean, the editor-in-chief of American Dictionaries, which declares that "EVOO" (extra-virgin olive oil) will be added to the 2007 Oxford American College Dictionary. Rachael began using this term on her shows on the Food Network - after a while 'extra-virgin olive oil' is a lot to say repeatedly.
- Ray married 'John M. Cusimano' (qv), a lawyer and member of the band The Cringe, on September 24, 2005 in Montalcino, Italy.
- Has a plaque in her home that reads, "'Martha Stewart (II)' (qv) doesn't live here".
- FHM featured a pictorial of her in the October 2003 issue. She was later voted #92 on FHM-US's 100 Sexiest Women of 2004.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $16 million.
- Lives in a small, rustic, lakeside cabin in the town of Lake Luzerne in the Adirondacks with her husband, 'John M. Cusimano' (qv), and her mother, Elsa Scuderi. Her mother was the food supervisor for several Howard Johnson's. Rachael even was a waitress at Howard Johnson.