Mar. 14th, 1933
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Quincy Jones' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Keep on Keepin' On
2013 - Richard Pryor: Omit the Logic
2013 - Iceberg Slim: Portrait of a Pimp
1999 - Fantasia 2000
1978 - The Wiz
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Music Producer (segment "Ray Charles")
Himself - Humanitarian Award Recipient
Himself - Guest
- Son of Quincy Delight Jones and wife Sarah Frances Wells, the daughter of ... Welles and wife Mary Belle Lanier, who in turn was the illegitimate daughter by an unknown woman of James Balance Lanier (himself the second cousin four times removed of President George Washington through the Washington line, being also related to 'Lee Marvin' (qv) and Senator 'John McCain (I)' (qv)).
- Quincy Jones received the John F. Kennedy Center Honors in 2001. He also produced and directed the "We Are the World" video in 1985 after the American Music Awards show.
- Inducted into the Big Band and Jazz Hall of Fame in 1988.
- After his brain aneurysm, a metal plate was placed in his head, thus setting off a metal detector at an airport.
- Father of 'Quincy Jones III' (qv) and Martina Jones with 'Ulla Andersson' (qv).
- Recipient of 26 Grammys, which is currently more than any living recording artist (Sir 'Georg Solti' (qv) holds the all-time record with 31 Grammys.)
- Godfather of 'Nicole Richie' (qv).
- Shares a birthday with 'Mercedes McNab' (qv), 'Taylor Hanson' (qv), 'Kylie Tyndall' (qv) and 'Keaton Tyndall' (qv), 'Chris Klein (I)' (qv), & 'Michael Caine (I)' (qv)