Mar. 27th, 1963
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Quentin Tarantino's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Death Proof
2007 - Planet Terror
2007 - Diary of the Dead
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2007 - Grindhouse
2004 - Kill Bill Vol. 2
2004 - The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Full Tilt Boogie
1997 - Jackie Brown
1996 - From Dusk Till Dawn
1995 - Four Rooms
1995 - Desperado
1994 - Pulp Fiction
1994 - Sleep With Me
1992 - Reservoir Dogs
1987 - My Best Friend's Birthday
Guest TV Roles
Master Moloch (Voiced)
In January of 1992, Reservoir Dogs (1992) appeared at the Sundance Film Festival, by first-time writer-director Quentin Tarantino. The film garnered critical acclaim and the director became a legend immediately. Two years later, he followed up Dogs success with _Pulp Fiction (1994) which premiered at the Cannes film festival, winning the coveted Palme D'Or Award. At the 1995 Academy Awards, it was nominated for the best picture, best director and best original screenplay. Tarantino and writing partner 'Roger Avary' came away with the award only for best original screenplay. In 1995, Tarantino directed one fourth of the anthology _Four Rooms (1995) with friends and fellow auteurs 'Alexandre Rockwell', 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' and 'Allison Anders'. The film opened on December 25th in the United States to very weak reviews. Tarantino's next film was _From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), a vampire/crime story which he wrote and co-starred with 'George Clooney'. The film did fairly well theatrically.
- During his stay in the Philippines, Tarantino got trapped in traffic due to flooding as he was traveling to Malacanang Palace to meet President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and receive a lifetime achievement award. Refusing to give up, he and his partner Tikoy Aguiluz got off their limousine and took a pedicab each to reach the palace. After arriving, Tarantino stated "It was a lot of fun. It just took a long time but it was not bad at all".
- (30 July 1997) Together with 'Lawrence Bender' (qv) founded record company called A Band Apart Records. It will focus on film soundtracks and its releases will be distributed through Maverick Records, owned by 'Madonna' (qv).
- Named after the 'Burt Reynolds (I)' (qv) character Quint Asper from _"Gunsmoke" (1955)_ (qv)
- Was offered a chance to direct _Westworld (2009)_ (qv), but turned it down.
- After his parents divorced, his mother married Curtis Zastoupil.
- Was the spokesman for SkyperfecTV, a Japanese based satellite TV network, a competitor to the now locally defunct DirecTV endorsed by 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv).
- He is a good friend of 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' (qv).
- Named his favorite films of 2005 as _Sin City (2005)_ (qv), _Domino (2005)_ (qv), _Hustle & Flow (2005)_ (qv) and _The Devil's Rejects (2005)_ (qv).