Mar. 27th, 1963
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Quentin Tarantino's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Death Proof
2007 - Planet Terror
2007 - Diary of the Dead
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2007 - Grindhouse
2004 - Kill Bill Vol. 2
2004 - The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Full Tilt Boogie
1997 - Jackie Brown
1996 - From Dusk Till Dawn
1995 - Four Rooms
1995 - Desperado
1994 - Pulp Fiction
1994 - Sleep With Me
1992 - Reservoir Dogs
1987 - My Best Friend's Birthday
Guest TV Roles
Master Moloch (Voiced)
In January of 1992, Reservoir Dogs (1992) appeared at the Sundance Film Festival, by first-time writer-director Quentin Tarantino. The film garnered critical acclaim and the director became a legend immediately. Two years later, he followed up Dogs success with _Pulp Fiction (1994) which premiered at the Cannes film festival, winning the coveted Palme D'Or Award. At the 1995 Academy Awards, it was nominated for the best picture, best director and best original screenplay. Tarantino and writing partner 'Roger Avary' came away with the award only for best original screenplay. In 1995, Tarantino directed one fourth of the anthology _Four Rooms (1995) with friends and fellow auteurs 'Alexandre Rockwell', 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' and 'Allison Anders'. The film opened on December 25th in the United States to very weak reviews. Tarantino's next film was _From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), a vampire/crime story which he wrote and co-starred with 'George Clooney'. The film did fairly well theatrically.
- Born in Knoxville, Tennessee, he was raised in Los Angeles.
- Was offered a chance to direct _Westworld (2009)_ (qv), but turned it down.
- Dropped out of Narbonne High School in Harbor City, California, at the age of sixteen to pursue film making.
- In most of his movies, you'll spot Red Apple cigarettes.
- Once a vocal proponent of celluloid-over-digital film-making, Tarantino got his first experience with the latter technology by directing a segment of the film _Sin City (2005)_ (qv) with his friend 'Robert Rodriguez' (I) . Rodriguez, who lauds the technology at every opportunity, made it his mission to convert Tarantino as well. At the end of shooting, Tarantino is reported to have said simply, "Mission accomplished."
- Collects old board games having to do with TV shows like _"I Dream of Jeannie" (1965)_ (qv), _"The Dukes of Hazzard" (1979)_ (qv), _"The A-Team" (1983)_ (qv), etc.
- Has two sisters and one brother: Tanya Marie Tarantino (b. Pasadena, California, 4 Oct 1964), Ronnajean Tarantino (b. Arizona, Phoenix, 22 June 1969) and Edward James Tarantino (b. Simi Valley, California, Simi Valley, 3 Oct 1974).
- Ranked #81 on Premiere's 2004 annual Power 100 List. He was unranked in 2003.