Mar. 27th, 1963
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Quentin Tarantino's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
In January of 1992, Reservoir Dogs (1992) appeared at the Sundance Film Festival, by first-time writer-director Quentin Tarantino. The film garnered critical acclaim and the director became a legend immediately. Two years later, he followed up Dogs success with _Pulp Fiction (1994) which premiered at the Cannes film festival, winning the coveted Palme D'Or Award. At the 1995 Academy Awards, it was nominated for the best picture, best director and best original screenplay. Tarantino and writing partner 'Roger Avary' came away with the award only for best original screenplay. In 1995, Tarantino directed one fourth of the anthology _Four Rooms (1995) with friends and fellow auteurs 'Alexandre Rockwell', 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' and 'Allison Anders'. The film opened on December 25th in the United States to very weak reviews. Tarantino's next film was _From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), a vampire/crime story which he wrote and co-starred with 'George Clooney'. The film did fairly well theatrically.
- He is a good friend of 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' (qv).
- First noted screenplay was titled "Captain Peachfuzz and the Anchovy Bandit," which was written in 1985.
- Was the spokesman for SkyperfecTV, a Japanese based satellite TV network, a competitor to the now locally defunct DirecTV endorsed by 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv).
- Directed 4 actors in Oscar nominated performances: 'John Travolta' (qv), 'Samuel L. Jackson' (qv), 'Uma Thurman' (qv), and 'Robert Forster (I)' (qv).
- Named his production company, A Band Apart, after the 'Jean-Luc Godard' (qv) film _Bande à part (1964)_ (qv) (Band of Outsiders).
- Once a vocal proponent of celluloid-over-digital film-making, Tarantino got his first experience with the latter technology by directing a segment of the film _Sin City (2005)_ (qv) with his friend 'Robert Rodriguez' (I) . Rodriguez, who lauds the technology at every opportunity, made it his mission to convert Tarantino as well. At the end of shooting, Tarantino is reported to have said simply, "Mission accomplished."
- Named his favorite films of 2005 as _Sin City (2005)_ (qv), _Domino (2005)_ (qv), _Hustle & Flow (2005)_ (qv) and _The Devil's Rejects (2005)_ (qv).
- His all-time favorite director is 'Howard Hawks' (qv).