Mar. 27th, 1963
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Quentin Tarantino's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Death Proof
2007 - Planet Terror
2007 - Diary of the Dead
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2007 - Grindhouse
2004 - Kill Bill Vol. 2
2004 - The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Full Tilt Boogie
1997 - Jackie Brown
1996 - From Dusk Till Dawn
1995 - Four Rooms
1995 - Desperado
1994 - Pulp Fiction
1994 - Sleep With Me
1992 - Reservoir Dogs
1987 - My Best Friend's Birthday
Guest TV Roles
Master Moloch (Voiced)
In January of 1992, Reservoir Dogs (1992) appeared at the Sundance Film Festival, by first-time writer-director Quentin Tarantino. The film garnered critical acclaim and the director became a legend immediately. Two years later, he followed up Dogs success with _Pulp Fiction (1994) which premiered at the Cannes film festival, winning the coveted Palme D'Or Award. At the 1995 Academy Awards, it was nominated for the best picture, best director and best original screenplay. Tarantino and writing partner 'Roger Avary' came away with the award only for best original screenplay. In 1995, Tarantino directed one fourth of the anthology _Four Rooms (1995) with friends and fellow auteurs 'Alexandre Rockwell', 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' and 'Allison Anders'. The film opened on December 25th in the United States to very weak reviews. Tarantino's next film was _From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), a vampire/crime story which he wrote and co-starred with 'George Clooney'. The film did fairly well theatrically.
- His three favourite 'Alfred Hitchcock (I)' (qv) movies are; _Suspicion (1941)_ (qv), _Sabotage (1936)_ (qv) and _Torn Curtain (1966)_ (qv).
- He is a good friend of 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' (qv).
- In the last Sight & Sound Greatest Films Poll (2002), he listed his Top Ten films as: _Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo. (1966)_ (qv) (aka "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly," Leone), _Rio Bravo (1959)_ (qv) (Hawks), _Taxi Driver (1976)_ (qv) (Scorsese), _His Girl Friday (1940)_ (qv) (Hawks), _Rolling Thunder (1977)_ (qv) (Flynn), _They All Laughed (1981)_ (qv) (Bogdanovich), _The Great Escape (1963)_ (qv) (J. Sturges), _Carrie (1976)_ (qv) (De Palma), _Coffy (1973)_ (qv) (Hill), _Dazed and Confused (1993)_ (qv) (Linklater), _Tian xia di yi quan (1973)_ (aka "Five Fingers of Death," Chang) and _Hi Diddle Diddle (1943)_ (qv) (Stone).
- In most of his movies, you'll spot Red Apple cigarettes.
- In all of his original screenplays the name of a police detective named Scagnetti is referred to at least once. Most of the times the particular scene was cut out of the final versions.
- Two of Tarantino's favorite films are _'Manos' the Hands of Fate (1966)_ (which he owns a 35mm copy of) and _Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982)_ (qv), which he references in _Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)_ (qv).
- Has named _Rio Bravo (1959)_ (qv) as one of his favorite films.
- He has called 'Uma Thurman' (qv) his muse.