Mar. 27th, 1963
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Quentin Tarantino's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Death Proof
2007 - Planet Terror
2007 - Diary of the Dead
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2007 - Grindhouse
2004 - Kill Bill Vol. 2
2004 - The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Full Tilt Boogie
1997 - Jackie Brown
1996 - From Dusk Till Dawn
1995 - Four Rooms
1995 - Desperado
1994 - Pulp Fiction
1994 - Sleep With Me
1992 - Reservoir Dogs
1987 - My Best Friend's Birthday
Guest TV Roles
Master Moloch (Voiced)
In January of 1992, Reservoir Dogs (1992) appeared at the Sundance Film Festival, by first-time writer-director Quentin Tarantino. The film garnered critical acclaim and the director became a legend immediately. Two years later, he followed up Dogs success with _Pulp Fiction (1994) which premiered at the Cannes film festival, winning the coveted Palme D'Or Award. At the 1995 Academy Awards, it was nominated for the best picture, best director and best original screenplay. Tarantino and writing partner 'Roger Avary' came away with the award only for best original screenplay. In 1995, Tarantino directed one fourth of the anthology _Four Rooms (1995) with friends and fellow auteurs 'Alexandre Rockwell', 'Robert Rodriguez (I)' and 'Allison Anders'. The film opened on December 25th in the United States to very weak reviews. Tarantino's next film was _From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), a vampire/crime story which he wrote and co-starred with 'George Clooney'. The film did fairly well theatrically.
- His father, actor/musician 'Tony Tarantino' (qv) is of Italian descent, and his mother, Connie McHugh, is half-Irish and half-Cherokee.
- Is godfather to two of 'Michael Madsen (I)' (qv)'s sons Hudson and Calvin Michael. Michael and his wife DeAnna joked in OK! magazine about naming Quentin godfather to their newest son Luke Ray as well.
- Frequently casts 'Michael Bowen (I)' (qv).
- Tarantino claims that 'James Best (I)' (qv) taught him how to act.
- Lived with 'Jennifer Beals (I)' (qv) while getting his first films produced.
- Known for giving comebacks to "forgotten" actors and/or cult actors by giving them important roles in his movies: 'John Travolta' (qv) (_Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv)), 'David Carradine' (qv)(_Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)_ (qv)), 'Lawrence Tierney' (qv) (_Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv)), 'Pam Grier' (qv) (_Jackie Brown (1997)_ (qv)), 'Robert Forster (I)' (qv) (_Jackie Brown (1997)_ (qv)), 'Sonny Chiba' (qv) (_Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)_ (qv))... even in smaller/cameo roles: 'Sid Haig (I)' (qv) (_Jackie Brown (1997)_ (qv), _Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)_ (qv)), 'Edward Bunker' (qv) (_Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv)) and 'Michael Parks (I)' (qv) (_Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)_ (qv), _Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)_ (qv), and _From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)_ (qv), which QT wrote and co-starred in).
- Dropped out of Narbonne High School in Harbor City, California, at the age of sixteen to pursue film making.
- Wrote the forward for the book Unfiltered: The Complete 'Ralph Bakshi' (qv)".