Jul. 18th, 1982
Jamshedpur, Bihar, India
Priyanka Chopra's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Priyanka Chopra (born July 18, 1982) is an Indian film actress and singer, and the winner of the Miss World pageant of 2000. Through her successful film career, Chopra has become one of Bollywood's highest-paid actresses and one of the most popular celebrities in India. She has received numerous awards and nominations, including a National Film Award for Best Actress and Filmfare Awards in four categories.
Born to the family of Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra and Dr. Madhu Chopra. She had a very varied upbringing. She started her education at La Martiniere Girls College in Lucknow as a resident student; a short stay at Maria Goretti College in Bareilly prepared her for further studies in the USA. Having completed tenth grade in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, she decided to become a software Engineer or a Criminal Psychologist.
Chopra lent her voice to the character of Ishani, the reigning Pan-Asian champion from India and the love interest of the main protagonist in the Disney Animation Studios's film Planes, a spinoff of the 2006 film Cars and its 2011 sequel Cars 2.
She enjoys Indian music and dance; flair for writing poetry and short stories; reading, especially biographies; and has worked for a lot of social-welfare programs. She aims for the stars after completing her education. She is a movie buff and would love to join the galaxy if a good offer comes.
- Father Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra, mother Dr. Madhu Chopra.
- Listed as number 2 of 'Top Bollywood Actresses' of 2006. (rediff.com, 8-25-2006)
- Winner of the Miss India and Miss World beauty pageants in 2000.
- Did her schooling from La Martinière in Lucknow. She completed tenth grade in Boston and wanted to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist.
- Appeared on the cover of the premiere issue of Maxim magazine, Indian version, released in 2006.
- Has a younger brother.
- Listed #1 by UK magazine Eastern Eye one of "Asia's Sexiest Women" (Sept/2006).
- Her father Ashok Chopra, who also manages her career, was diagnosed with a tumor in his liver. He had to undergo a complicated emergency surgery.
Related sites for this celeb