Jul. 18th, 1982
Jamshedpur, Bihar, India
Priyanka Chopra's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Priyanka Chopra (born July 18, 1982) is an Indian film actress and singer, and the winner of the Miss World pageant of 2000. Through her successful film career, Chopra has become one of Bollywood's highest-paid actresses and one of the most popular celebrities in India. She has received numerous awards and nominations, including a National Film Award for Best Actress and Filmfare Awards in four categories.
Born to the family of Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra and Dr. Madhu Chopra. She had a very varied upbringing. She started her education at La Martiniere Girls College in Lucknow as a resident student; a short stay at Maria Goretti College in Bareilly prepared her for further studies in the USA. Having completed tenth grade in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, she decided to become a software Engineer or a Criminal Psychologist.
Chopra lent her voice to the character of Ishani, the reigning Pan-Asian champion from India and the love interest of the main protagonist in the Disney Animation Studios's film Planes, a spinoff of the 2006 film Cars and its 2011 sequel Cars 2.
She enjoys Indian music and dance; flair for writing poetry and short stories; reading, especially biographies; and has worked for a lot of social-welfare programs. She aims for the stars after completing her education. She is a movie buff and would love to join the galaxy if a good offer comes.
- Winner of the Miss India and Miss World beauty pageants in 2000.
- While shooting the song "Do Me A Favor, Let's Play Holi" in the movie _Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005)_ (qv), she stepped on a live wire and received a shock. She was hospitalized for a day.
- Achievements: she is the only Indian in the USA to have been selected at the state level for the National Opus Honor Choir, extensive charity work back in India and the USA, and joined the CAF and CII in their literacy program and is their ambassador. Member of the support group for the Thalassemic children in U.P., India, participated in the adult education awareness program with the non-governmental organizations in the peripheral areas of Bareilly, joined the Indian Government-sponsored Polio Eradication Program as a volunteer. Raised funds for the destitute in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, by participating in a church program.
- Her father Ashok Chopra, who also manages her career, was diagnosed with a tumor in his liver. He had to undergo a complicated emergency surgery.
- Turned down the lead in _Umrao Jaan (2006)_ (qv) to work in _Bluffmaster! (2005)_ (qv).
- Listed as number 2 of 'Top Bollywood Actresses' of 2006. (rediff.com, 8-25-2006)
- Appeared on the cover of the premiere issue of Maxim magazine, Indian version, released in 2006.
- Turned down a part in _London Dreams (2009)_ (qv) because she could not provide the shooting dates as she was busy with other films.
Related sites for this celeb