Jun. 7th, 1958
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Prince's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1990 - Graffiti Bridge
1986 - Under the Cherry Moon
1984 - Purple Rain
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
[no bio found]
- Held a press conference to announce his intention to perform 21 shows in London. (8 May 2007).
- (7 June 1993) Changed his stage name to O(+>.
- Arrived an hour late to the 2007 Golden Globe Awards due to traffic and missed accepting the Golden Globe for Best Song for movie "Happy Feet". 'Justin Timberlake' (qv) accepted the award for him after an awkward silence waiting for Prince to come on stage. He did so in an amusing fashion by crouching down to a shorter height and raising his voice to accept the award for Prince. Hugh Grant later announced Prince had finally arrived after being stuck in gridlock traffic, and gave Prince an opportunity to stand and receive applause for his win.
- During high school he was in a band called "Champagne" with his cousin 'Morris Day' (qv) and friend 'Andre Cymone' (qv).
- Winner of the 1993 Brit Award for International Solo Artist.
- Prince's 2006 tour made him the most lucrative live performer of the year. His 69 city, 96 show tour took $87.4 million (£45.5 million), beating 'Céline Dion' (qv)'s Las Vegas residency, which came in second, taking $80.4 million (£41.8 million).
- Inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in March 2004.
- One of very few artists who has denied ''Weird Al' Yankovic' (qv) permission to parody any of his songs. After years of asking, ''Weird Al' Yankovic' obtained video parody permission, and the video for _UHF (1989)_ (qv) includes a sequence that spoofs the bathtub intro for Prince's video of "When Doves Cry".