Jun. 7th, 1958
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Prince's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty
2008 - Religulous
1990 - Graffiti Bridge
1986 - Under the Cherry Moon
1984 - Purple Rain
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Performed at the Super Bowl XLI halftime show in Miami, Florida, to a worldwide television audience of 140 million viewers. (4 February 2007).
- Winner of the 1992 Brit Award for International Solo Artist.
- During the filming of _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv), he was told one day by director 'Albert Magnoli' (qv) that the film needed a montage song that dealt heavily on emotions. Prince responded with two songs the very next morning, written, produced and recorded. One of the songs was the smash hit "When Doves Cry".
- Has sold 80 million albums worldwide.
- Son of jazz pianist 'John L. Nelson' (qv).
- Known for his colorful outfits and explicitly flaunting and expressing his strong sexuality during his performances, despite being a devout Christian.
- In his _An Evening with Kevin Smith (2002) (V)_ (qv) film, director 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) says that he learned during shooting of a documentary for Prince that he has made about 50 fully produced music videos for songs that were never released in any kind of form.
- Played the song "1999" for the last time at a New Year's Eve party in 1999, then announced he was retiring the song.