57 (passed away Apr. 21st, 2016)
Jun. 7th, 1958
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Prince's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Prince Rogers Nelson, known by the mononym Prince, was an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor.
- In the late 1990s, he requested to be referred to as simply The Artist, since his initial intention when he changed his name to O(+> was to not be referred to as Prince. Unfortunately that was not going too well, considering everyone was calling him the Artist Formerly Known as Prince because the symbol has no pronunciation.
- Has dated several famous women before settling down: 'Kim Basinger' (qv), 'Sherilyn Fenn' (qv), 'Apollonia Kotero' (qv) and 'Sheena Easton' (qv), to name a few.
- Performed at the Super Bowl XLI halftime show in Miami, Florida, to a worldwide television audience of 140 million viewers. (4 February 2007).
- Inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame for his outstanding contribution to British music and integral part of British music culture. [14 November 2006].
- The symbol he used as his name was also the name of his last Warner Bros. album as Prince, which was released just a few months before his name change. He recorded as Prince since then on his independently distributed, self-released albums and those licensed to Arista/BMG Records and Columbia/SME Records.
- Has sold 80 million albums worldwide.
- During high school he was in a band called "Champagne" with his cousin 'Morris Day' (qv) and friend 'Andre Cymone' (qv).
- During the filming of _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv), he was told one day by director 'Albert Magnoli' (qv) that the film needed a montage song that dealt heavily on emotions. Prince responded with two songs the very next morning, written, produced and recorded. One of the songs was the smash hit "When Doves Cry".