57 (passed away Apr. 21st, 2016)
Jun. 7th, 1958
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Prince's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Prince Rogers Nelson, known by the mononym Prince, was an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor.
- One of very few artists who has denied ''Weird Al' Yankovic' (qv) permission to parody any of his songs. After years of asking, ''Weird Al' Yankovic' obtained video parody permission, and the video for _UHF (1989)_ (qv) includes a sequence that spoofs the bathtub intro for Prince's video of "When Doves Cry".
- Has sold 80 million albums worldwide.
- Performed a composition written by his father, 'John L. Nelson' (qv), in the music of _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv); this music was also part a song from the _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv) soundtrack, "Computer Blue".
- Known as "Gazoo" in school because of his huge Afro and small body. Gazoo was the flying space guy in the Fintstones cartoon show with the giant head covered by a space helmet.
- Was to duet with 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv) on his album "Bad", but could not decide on the words to the song.
- His 1984 album "Purple Rain" sold 13 million copies in the United States.
- In his _An Evening with Kevin Smith (2002) (V)_ (qv) film, director 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) says that he learned during shooting of a documentary for Prince that he has made about 50 fully produced music videos for songs that were never released in any kind of form.
- Inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame for his outstanding contribution to British music and integral part of British music culture. [14 November 2006].