Jun. 7th, 1958
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Prince's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1990 - Graffiti Bridge
1986 - Under the Cherry Moon
1984 - Purple Rain
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - Musical Guest
- During the filming of _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv), he was told one day by director 'Albert Magnoli' (qv) that the film needed a montage song that dealt heavily on emotions. Prince responded with two songs the very next morning, written, produced and recorded. One of the songs was the smash hit "When Doves Cry".
- Performed at the Super Bowl XLI halftime show in Miami, Florida, to a worldwide television audience of 140 million viewers. (4 February 2007).
- Known for his colorful outfits and explicitly flaunting and expressing his strong sexuality during his performances, despite being a devout Christian.
- Thrilled his hometown fans by performing three shows over twelve hours, only stopping when police shut him down. The Minneapolis native first performed at a department store to promote his new cologne, cramming nine songs into a 45-minute set. He then played that night at the Target Center arena. He capped the night with a return to First Avenue, the club he made famous in the movie _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv). Minnesota's governor and the Minneapolis mayor issued proclamations honoring Prince, and fans flew in from all over the country to see the performer. After the Target Center, Prince waited until nearly 2:45 a.m. before starting the First Avenue show, the first time he had played at the club since 1987. The city lets music play until 4 a.m. He was 15 songs and 70 minutes into a 24-song set when he announced from the stage: "The authorities say we gotta go. We always listen to the authorities. I promise I'll be back." (7 July 2007).
- Was to duet with 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv) on his album "Bad", but could not decide on the words to the song.
- Performed a composition written by his father, 'John L. Nelson' (qv), in the music of _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv); this music was also part a song from the _Purple Rain (1984)_ (qv) soundtrack, "Computer Blue".
- Prince's 2006 tour made him the most lucrative live performer of the year. His 69 city, 96 show tour took $87.4 million (£45.5 million), beating 'Céline Dion' (qv)'s Las Vegas residency, which came in second, taking $80.4 million (£41.8 million).
- Has dated several famous women before settling down: 'Kim Basinger' (qv), 'Sherilyn Fenn' (qv), 'Apollonia Kotero' (qv) and 'Sheena Easton' (qv), to name a few.