57 (passed away Apr. 21st, 2016)
Jun. 7th, 1958
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Prince's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Prince Rogers Nelson, known by the mononym Prince, was an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor.
- One of very few artists who has denied ''Weird Al' Yankovic' (qv) permission to parody any of his songs. After years of asking, ''Weird Al' Yankovic' obtained video parody permission, and the video for _UHF (1989)_ (qv) includes a sequence that spoofs the bathtub intro for Prince's video of "When Doves Cry".
- Performed at the Super Bowl XLI halftime show in Miami, Florida, to a worldwide television audience of 140 million viewers. (4 February 2007).
- Prince's 2006 tour made him the most lucrative live performer of the year. His 69 city, 96 show tour took $87.4 million (£45.5 million), beating 'Céline Dion' (qv)'s Las Vegas residency, which came in second, taking $80.4 million (£41.8 million).
- Known as "Gazoo" in school because of his huge Afro and small body. Gazoo was the flying space guy in the Fintstones cartoon show with the giant head covered by a space helmet.
- A very short man, he often has to wear large shoes on stage so he is not dwarfed by some female singers.
- In his _An Evening with Kevin Smith (2002) (V)_ (qv) film, director 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) says that he learned during shooting of a documentary for Prince that he has made about 50 fully produced music videos for songs that were never released in any kind of form.
- Played the song "1999" for the last time at a New Year's Eve party in 1999, then announced he was retiring the song.
- Held a press conference to announce his intention to perform 21 shows in London. (8 May 2007).