68 (passed away May. 14th, 2017)
Jun. 1st, 1948
Powers Boothe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Powers Allen Boothe was an American television and film actor, known for Deadwood, 24, Nashville, Hatfields & McCoys, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- His first film role was as a Bolivian bandito in the 1969 classic, "Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid". He had no lines and did not receive a credit.
- He earned an MFA from Southern Methodist University and went on to become a resident actor at the Oregon Shakespeare Company.
- For his role on _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv), he was trained by renowned Hollywood Gun Coach 'Thell Reed' (qv), who has also trained such actors as: 'Kurt Russell (I)' (qv), 'Val Kilmer' (qv), 'Bill Paxton' (qv), 'Sam Elliot' (qv), 'Michael Biehn' (qv), 'Brad Pitt' (qv), 'Girard Swan' (qv) and 'Leonardo DiCaprio' (qv).
- Father of 'Parisse Boothe' (qv).
- He was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity at Southwest Texas State University.
- Born to Merrill Vestal Boothe and his wife Emily Kathryn Reeves.
- In September of 1980, in an act of defiance, he showed up at the Emmy Awards ceremony to collect the award he had won for playing Jim Jones. The Screen Actors Guild was in the middle of a strike and members boycotted the ceremony until the strike was settled. He was the only winner in an acting category who showed up. The incident was referenced in the 'James L. Brooks' (qv) film, _I'll Do Anything (1994)_ (qv).
- He was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in March 2009 in Austin, Tx.