Mar. 24th, 1976
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
6' 5 1/2"
Peyton Manning's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Indianapolis Colts Quarterback
Himself - Broncos quarterback
- Frequently calls audibles at the line (meaning that he'll change a play at the line if he sees that the play won't work against the defensive scheme he sees).
- Was in the audience, and was on video cheering when his brother Eli led The New York Giants to their Super Bowl XLII victory in 2008.
- On September 10, 2006 Peyton and his younger brother Eli made NFL history because it was the first time in NFL History two brothers who play starting quarterback play against one other.
- Wears #18, in part, as a tribute to his older brother Cooper, who wore the number in high school but had his career cut short by injuries.
- Chosen with the first pick of the 1998 NFL draft by the Indianapolis Colts.
- Had four pairs of hightop black shoes made which he planned to wear in the 15 September 2002 game as a tribute to 'Johnny Unitas' (qv). But the NFL threatened to slap Manning with a $25,000 fine if he wore the shoes. Further, it declared only the Baltimore Ravens would have the sole right to honor Unitas with a patch or armband on their uniforms that Sunday.
- Broke the record by 'Dan Marino' (qv) for most regular-season touchdown passes with 49 (27 December 2004).
- Led the Indianapolis Colts to their first NFL championship since the 1970 season, to beat the Chicago Bears 29-17 in Super Bowl XLI. Was named Super Bowl MVP. .