Peter Mark Richman
Apr. 16th, 1927
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Peter Mark Richman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Poolhall Junkies
1989 - Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
1968 - Day of the Evil Gun
1968 - How To Steal The World
1966 - Agent for H.A.R.M.
1956 - Friendly Persuasion
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Paul Tabor
Before he became an actor, Mark Richman played football for two years in a Pennsylvania league called the Eastern Pro Conference. Sidelined by a serious knee injury, he became a registered pharmacist and managed a Rosemont, Pennsylvania, drug store for a year. His interests later turned to acting and he began appearing in stage productions and in live TV out of New York. In 1971, he added "Peter" to the front of his name for spiritual reasons. Richman's recent one-man, four-character show "4 Faces" (written and performed by Richman, directed by his wife Helen Richman and with original music by their son Lucas Richman) was a critical hit, which earned Richman the prestigious Drama-Logue Award.
- As a painter, he has had several one-man exhibitions.
- Wrote the novel "Hollander's Deal" and a series of short stories called "The Rebirth of Ira Masters."
- Father, Benjamin, was a painting and paper-hanging contractor; mother's name was Yetta Dora Peck.
- Attended the 2006 Twilight Zone Convention at the Hilton Hasbrouck Heights, Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey, August 12-13, 2006.
- Attended South Philadelphia High School and was the captain and fullback of the city championship football team. He graduated in 1945.
- He played four vastly different roles in his one-man play "4 Faces": a Southern fundamentalist pastor who is suspected of cavorting with female parishioners; a father dealing with his son's drug problems; an former Nazi officer hiding out in South America; and an 83-year-old Holocaust survivor.
- Member of the Board of Trustees for the Motion Picture and Television Fund.
- His well known voice was "the Phantom" on _"Defenders of the Earth" (1986)_ (qv). Also, his co-star 'Loren Lester' (qv) played the voice of "Rick Gordon". In real life, Loren married Peter's daughter, Kelly.
Related sites for this celeb