Aug. 12th, 1965
Alexandria, Minnesota, USA
Peter Krause's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Civic Duty
2004 - We Don't Live Here Anymore
2002 - Showboy
2002 - Showboy
1998 - The Truman Show
Guest TV Roles
Peter William Krause (pronounced /ˈkraʊzə/; born August 12, 1965) is an American film and television actor and film producer. He is perhaps best known for his lead roles as Nate Fisher on the HBO drama Six Feet Under and Nick George on the ABC dramedy Dirty Sexy Money alongside Donald Sutherland. After Sports Night and Six Feet Under, it is the third show for which Krause has received star billing that his character has had a wife or ex-wife by the name of Lisa. The show was canceled in 2008.
Peter Krause is currently living in Los Angeles. He has two siblings, Michael Krause and Amy Krause.
He has a son named Roman who was born in November 2001.
- First child, a son named Roman, born 2001.
- Last name is pronounced KROW-zuh. (KROW -- rhymes with "wow".).
- MFA in Acting - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1990).
- Attended Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota. Has one sister, Amy.
- For _"Six Feet Under" (2001)_ (qv), he originally auditioned for the part of David, as he was impressed by the political/human rights message that the role had and he wanted to stand up for the character. However, the creator, 'Alan Ball (I)' (qv) had found the role of Nate Fisher impossible to cast, and was impressed by Krause and his tangible chemistry with 'Rachel Griffiths (I)' (qv) (Brenda Chenowith).
- Was pre-med at Gustavus Adolphus College before switching to his final major of English Literature.
- Krause spent his youth immersed heavily in track and field and gymnastics. Following a career-ending high school pole-vaulting injury, Krause took to the stage during his education at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota.
- Peter's father was a high school English teacher, and his mother was a second grade teacher.