Aug. 12th, 1965
Alexandria, Minnesota, USA
Peter Krause's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Peter William Krause (pronounced /ˈkraʊzə/; born August 12, 1965) is an American film and television actor and film producer. He is perhaps best known for his lead roles as Nate Fisher on the HBO drama Six Feet Under and Nick George on the ABC dramedy Dirty Sexy Money alongside 'Donald Sutherland'. After Sports Night and Six Feet Under, it is the third show for which Krause has received star billing that his character has had a wife or ex-wife by the name of Lisa. The show was canceled in 2008.
In 2015, Krause was cast opposite 'Mireille Enos' in the ABC crime drama series, The Catch, produced by Shonda Rhimes, replacing previously-cast Damon Dayoub (prior to the show's shooting).
Krause is currently living in Los Angeles. He has two siblings, Michael Krause and Amy Krause.
He has a son named Roman who was born in (November 2001).
- Attended Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota. Has one sister, Amy.
- Dated 'Alicia Witt' (qv) in 1998.
- For _"Six Feet Under" (2001)_ (qv), he originally auditioned for the part of David, as he was impressed by the political/human rights message that the role had and he wanted to stand up for the character. However, the creator, 'Alan Ball (I)' (qv) had found the role of Nate Fisher impossible to cast, and was impressed by Krause and his tangible chemistry with 'Rachel Griffiths (I)' (qv) (Brenda Chenowith).
- MFA in Acting - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1990).
- Was pre-med at Gustavus Adolphus College before switching to his final major of English Literature.
- While pursuing his acting career in New York University's Master of Fine Arts acting program, he worked as a bartender with writer 'Aaron Sorkin' (qv) at the Palace Theater.
- First child, a son named Roman, born 2001.
- Peter's father was a high school English teacher, and his mother was a second grade teacher.