Nov. 26th, 1973
Queens, New York, USA
Peter Facinelli's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
2009 - The Twilight Saga: New Moon
2008 - Twilight
2008 - Finding Amanda
2006 - Arc
2002 - The Scorpion King
2001 - Riding in Cars with Boys
1999 - The Big Kahuna
1998 - Can't Hardly Wait
1996 - Foxfire
1995 - Angela
Guest TV Roles
Peter Facinelli (born November 26, 1973) is an American actor. He became known as the star of FOX's 2002 television series Fastlane. He plays Carlisle Cullen in the film adaptations of the Twilight series.
Facinelli grew up in Ozone Park, Queens, the son of Italian immigrants Bruna, a homemaker, and Pierino Facinelli, a waiter. He attended St. Francis Preparatory School in Fresh Meadows, New York. He studied acting at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in New York City; his teachers there included William H. Macy, Felicity Huffman, Giancarlo Esposito, and Camryn Manheim.
Facinelli made his feature film debut in Rebecca Miller's Angela in 1995 and came to the attention of critics in the TV-movie The Price of Love later that year. In 1996, Facinelli played opposite future wife 'Jennie Garth' in An Unfinished Affair. Other TV roles followed, including a part in After Jimmy (1996) and a college dropout in Calm at Sunset. Facinelli co-starred with Amanda Peet and Michael Vartan in the 1997 AIDS-themed drama Touch Me (1997) and co-starred as a high school student in two 1998 features with Ethan Embry and Breckin Meyer, Dancer, Texas Pop. 81, and Can't Hardly Wait, which starred 'Jennifer Love Hewitt' and co-starred 'Melissa Joan Hart' and 'Jerry O'Connell'.
Facinelli appeared in the sci-fi film Supernova starring James Spader in 2000. He made appearances in Riding in Cars with Boys in 2001 and Scorpion King in 2002, followed by a leading role in the Fox drama Fastlane. Facinelli had a recurring role in the HBO series Six Feet Under in 2004 and a role in the FX original series Damages beginning in 2007. Facinelli starred in Hollow Man 2 with 'Christian Slater'. It was released direct-to-video in May 2006.
After wrapping up Finding Amanda with 'Matthew Broderick', Facinelli played Carlisle Cullen in the film adaptation of Twilight, based on the book by Stephenie Meyer. Facinelli reprised his role in 2009's sequel to Twilight, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, and will appear in 2010's The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.
He costars as Dr. Fitch Cooper in the Showtime dark comedy series Nurse Jackie.
Facinelli met his wife, Jennie Garth, on the set of An Unfinished Affair, a 1996 made-for-TV movie. They married on (January 20, 2001). He and Garth have three daughters together: Luca Bella (June 29, 1997), Lola Ray (December 6, 2002) and Fiona Eve (September 30, 2006).
- (December 6, 2002) Birth of his second daughter, Lola Ray (7 lbs. 7 oz., 18 inches) with wife, actress 'Jennie Garth' (qv).
- Grew up in Ozone Park, Queens, New York.
- Studied acting at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School, New York City, New York under such teachers as 'William H. Macy' (qv), 'Felicity Huffman' (qv), 'Giancarlo Esposito' (qv) and 'Camryn Manheim' (qv).
- (1997) Daughter, Luca Bella, with 'Jennie Garth' (qv).
- Attended St. Francis Preparatory High School in Fresh Meadows, New York.
- Met 'Jennie Garth' (qv) while filming _An Unfinished Affair (1996) (TV)_ (qv).
- Peter and his wife, 'Jennie Garth' (qv), became the parents of their third child, a girl named Fiona Eve Facinelli, on September 30, 2006. Fiona weighed in at 7 lbs. 8 oz.