Jul. 28th, 1941
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Guest TV Roles
Sergeant Havoc (Voiced)
Captain Slaughter (Voiced)
Mackey McSlime (Voiced)
Sour Puss (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Though he provided vocals for the inhuman alien Predator in the Predator films and the voice of Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh, he is best known for voicing the heroic Autobot leader Optimus Prime in the animated Transformers series. Though it was originally intended for his character to remain dead after being killed in the 1986 Transformers film, the death caused such a public backlash that the surprised producers brought the character back in two separate episodes of the third season (ultimately saving the world in the second appearance).
- He was the first actor to voice Nintendo's video game mascot Mario - of Super Mario Brothers - for the Saturday Supercade series.
- Frequently does voice overs for commercials, cartoons, movie previews, etc.
- Father of Clay, Claire and Pilar E. Cullen.
- Graduated from Regiopolios College in Kingston Ontario, Canada.
- Son is stuntman 'Clay Cullen' (qv)
- Has been the voice of two characters involved in chicken runs (when two cars drive towards each other). The first was the evil K.A.R.R. in the TV show "Knight Rider". The second was the heroic good guy Optimus Prime in the cartoon "The Transformers".
- Stated that of all the roles that he has done, his signature role, Optimus Prime, is his favorite. He described playing Prime in the 2007 film as "slipping into a very old, very comfortable pair of shoes." He explained his preference for the character by saying "making people happy makes me happy.".
Related sites for this celeb