Nov. 18th, 1970
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Peta Wilson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born November 18, 1970, Peta grew up an army brat all over the Pacific rim, spending several years in Papua, New Guinea where her Australian father was stationed. She discovered at a young age a love of performing, in part to help her dealing with changing schools and being the odd one out growing up. She spent summers with her grandparents in Australia and she remains, to this day, very close to her family. Before becoming an actress, Wilson worked as a model. However, performing is her first love. She moved to Los Angeles to study acting with Arthur Mendoza, a prot�g� of Stella Adler. Wilson's credits include a bit part on "Highlander" (1992), the films Loser (1996), The Sadness of Sex (1995), Woman Undone (1996) (TV), One of Our Own (1997), and the forthcoming Mercy (2000), co-starring Ellen Barkin, Julian Sands and Wendy Crewson, directed by her longtime boyfriend, Damian Harris (I). She also has a production company, "Sweet Lip Productions", and is developing several projects, including "Guns in the Night".
- Was a model in Europe.
- (February 2002) Gave birth to a baby boy, Marlowe.
- Attended an all-girls Catholic school in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- Peta meditates, practices yoga, gets acupuncture and takes all kinds of alternative medicines to keep her body in balance. At age 17, she had a year-long battle with anorexia.
- Appeared in underwear along with 'Yasmine Bleeth' (qv), 'Alyssa Milano' (qv), 'Melissa Joan Hart' (qv), 'Garcelle Beauvais' (qv), 'Carmen Electra' (qv), 'Jamie Luner' (qv), and 'Jeri Ryan' (qv) on the cover of, and inside, the October 1997 issue of "Details" magazine.
- Enjoys scuba diving, horseback riding, swimming, cricket, painting and gardening
- (1997) Living with 'Damian Harris (I)' (qv).
- In 1999, moved into a Brooklyn Heights, New York, apartment building, which also includes co-op owners such as producer 'Andrew S. Karsch' (qv) and 'O.J. Simpson' (qv)'s former attorney 'Barry Scheck' (qv).