Nov. 18th, 1970
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Peta Wilson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Gardens of the Night
2006 - Superman Returns
2003 - The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
2000 - Mercy
Guest TV Roles
Born November 18, 1970, Peta grew up an army brat all over the Pacific rim, spending several years in Papua, New Guinea where her Australian father was stationed. She discovered at a young age a love of performing, in part to help her dealing with changing schools and being the odd one out growing up. She spent summers with her grandparents in Australia and she remains, to this day, very close to her family. Before becoming an actress, Wilson worked as a model. However, performing is her first love. She moved to Los Angeles to study acting with Arthur Mendoza, a prot�g� of Stella Adler. Wilson's credits include a bit part on "Highlander" (1992), the films Loser (1996), The Sadness of Sex (1995), Woman Undone (1996) (TV), One of Our Own (1997), and the forthcoming Mercy (2000), co-starring Ellen Barkin, Julian Sands and Wendy Crewson, directed by her longtime boyfriend, Damian Harris (I). She also has a production company, "Sweet Lip Productions", and is developing several projects, including "Guns in the Night".
- Was a model in Europe.
- Replaced 'Monica Bellucci' (qv) as Mina Harker in _The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)_ (qv).
- In 1999, moved into a Brooklyn Heights, New York, apartment building, which also includes co-op owners such as producer 'Andrew S. Karsch' (qv) and 'O.J. Simpson' (qv)'s former attorney 'Barry Scheck' (qv).
- Enjoys scuba diving, horseback riding, swimming, cricket, painting and gardening
- (February 2002) Gave birth to a baby boy, Marlowe.
- Father Darcy Wilson is a retired warrant officer. Mother Karlene White is a caterer. Brother Rob Wilson, 25, is an Australian army truck driver.
- Appeared in underwear along with 'Yasmine Bleeth' (qv), 'Alyssa Milano' (qv), 'Melissa Joan Hart' (qv), 'Garcelle Beauvais' (qv), 'Carmen Electra' (qv), 'Jamie Luner' (qv), and 'Jeri Ryan' (qv) on the cover of, and inside, the October 1997 issue of "Details" magazine.
- Attended an all-girls Catholic school in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.