May. 27th, 1961
Waco, Texas, USA
Peri Gilpin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Thru the Moebius Strip
2001 - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Rebecca Warfield
Born in Waco, Texas, 'Peri Gilpin' grew up in Dallas, where her family encouraged her acting abilities. After studying at the Dallas Theater Center, she pursued acting at the University of Texas at Austin and then at London's British-American Academy. She appeared in guest roles on such popular situation comedies as Designing Women (1986), Cheers (1982) and Wings (1990), where she worked with the late producer, 'Roz Doyle', the namesake of her character on Frasier (1993).
- Weighed so much during gestation that her parents thought she was a boy.
- Godmother to _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Jane Leeves' (qv)'s daughter, Isabella Kathryn Coben.
- Her father, 'Jim O'Brien (IV)' (qv), was a well known and respected radio and TV News weatherman/personality in Philadelphia in the '70s and early 80s. He died in a skydiving accident on September 25, 1983.
- Named after the Disney cartoon character Peri the squirrel.
- Owns a production company, "Bristol Cities", with _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Jane Leeves' (qv) and Jane's sister, Kathryn.
- Worked as a makeup artist before getting her acting break after meeting 'Blythe Danner' (qv), who became her main supporter.
- Her husband, Vincent, is an artist.
- After years of failed in vitro treatments, she and her husband turned to surrogacy. Twin daughters, Stella and Ava finally arrived in a Nevada hospital on May 7, 2004. The couple burbled that holding their new girls was "the best, best in the world, world."