May. 27th, 1961
Waco, Texas, USA
Peri Gilpin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Thru the Moebius Strip
2001 - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Rebecca Warfield
Born in Waco, Texas, Peri Gilpin grew up in Dallas, where her family encouraged her acting abilities. After studying at the Dallas Theater Center, she pursued acting at the University of Texas at Austin and then at London's British-American Academy. She appeared in guest roles on such popular situation comedies as "Designing Women" (1986), "Cheers" (1982) and "Wings" (1990), where she worked with the late producer, Roz Doyle, the namesake of her character on "Frasier" (1993).
- Actually worked as a radio show sound engineer.
- After years of failed in vitro treatments, she and her husband turned to surrogacy. Twin daughters, Stella and Ava finally arrived in a Nevada hospital on May 7, 2004. The couple burbled that holding their new girls was "the best, best in the world, world."
- Weighed so much during gestation that her parents thought she was a boy.
- Was the only one of the five main cast members for _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv) never to be nominated for an Emmy.
- Graduated from Skyline High School, Texas.
- Named after the Disney cartoon character Peri the squirrel.
- Her father, 'Jim O'Brien (IV)' (qv), was a well known and respected radio and TV News weatherman/personality in Philadelphia in the '70s and early 80s. He died in a skydiving accident on September 25, 1983.
- Older sister of actors 'Marc Gilpin' (qv) and 'April Gilpin (I)' (qv).