May. 27th, 1961
Waco, Texas, USA
Peri Gilpin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Waco, Texas, 'Peri Gilpin' grew up in Dallas, where her family encouraged her acting abilities. After studying at the Dallas Theater Center, she pursued acting at the University of Texas at Austin and then at London's British-American Academy. She appeared in guest roles on such popular situation comedies as Designing Women (1986), Cheers (1982) and Wings (1990), where she worked with the late producer, 'Roz Doyle', the namesake of her character on Frasier (1993).
- Actually worked as a radio show sound engineer.
- Her husband, Vincent, is an artist.
- Her father, 'Jim O'Brien (IV)' (qv), was a well known and respected radio and TV News weatherman/personality in Philadelphia in the '70s and early 80s. He died in a skydiving accident on September 25, 1983.
- Owns a production company, "Bristol Cities", with _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Jane Leeves' (qv) and Jane's sister, Kathryn.
- Older sister of actors 'Marc Gilpin' (qv) and 'April Gilpin (I)' (qv).
- Named after the Disney cartoon character Peri the squirrel.
- Worked as a makeup artist before getting her acting break after meeting 'Blythe Danner' (qv), who became her main supporter.
- Was the only one of the five main cast members for _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv) never to be nominated for an Emmy.