May. 27th, 1961
Waco, Texas, USA
Peri Gilpin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Waco, Texas, 'Peri Gilpin' grew up in Dallas, where her family encouraged her acting abilities. After studying at the Dallas Theater Center, she pursued acting at the University of Texas at Austin and then at London's British-American Academy. She appeared in guest roles on such popular situation comedies as Designing Women (1986), Cheers (1982) and Wings (1990), where she worked with the late producer, 'Roz Doyle', the namesake of her character on Frasier (1993).
- Her husband, Vincent, is an artist.
- Named after the Disney cartoon character Peri the squirrel.
- Her father, 'Jim O'Brien (IV)' (qv), was a well known and respected radio and TV News weatherman/personality in Philadelphia in the '70s and early 80s. He died in a skydiving accident on September 25, 1983.
- Graduated from Skyline High School, Texas.
- Owns a production company, "Bristol Cities", with _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Jane Leeves' (qv) and Jane's sister, Kathryn.
- Godmother to _"Frasier" (1993)_ (qv) co-star 'Jane Leeves' (qv)'s daughter, Isabella Kathryn Coben.
- Weighed so much during gestation that her parents thought she was a boy.
- Actually worked as a radio show sound engineer.