Jan. 13th, 1964
Los Angeles, California, USA
Penelope Ann Miller's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Messengers
2007 - Blonde Ambition
2006 - Funny Money
2001 - Along Came a Spider
2000 - Forever Lulu
1997 - The Relic
1994 - The Shadow
1993 - Carlito's Way
1992 - Year of the Comet
1992 - Chaplin
1991 - Other People's Money
1990 - Kindergarten Cop
1990 - The Freshman
1990 - Awakenings
1989 - Dead Bang
1988 - Biloxi Blues
1988 - Big Top Pee-wee
1987 - Adventures in Babysitting
Guest TV Roles
Penelope Ann Miller (born Penelope Andrea Miller; January 13, 1964), sometimes credited as Penelope Miller, is an American actress. She began her career on Broadway, and starred in several major Hollywood films, particularly in the early 1990s, and has continued to appear in supporting roles in both film and television.
Early life Miller was born in Los Angeles, the middle daughter of Beatrice (née Ammidown), a costume designer, publicist, and journalist, and Mark Miller, a television actor and producer. Her mother was Aristotle Onassis's god-daughter and an editor of Harper's Bazaar. She has an older sister, Marisa Miller, who is also a film actress, and a younger sister, Savannah Miller, who is a social worker.
Miller graduated from high school in Los Angeles, then moved (aged 18) to New York City to study theatre.
Career Her Broadway theatre break came in 1985 when she was cast in the lead (opposite Matthew Broderick) in the Neil Simon play Biloxi Blues. (She would also star with Broderick in the 1988 film version of that play.)
Miller's film debut came in 1987 in Adventures in Babysitting. She took a role in one episode ("Death and the Lady") of the television series Miami Vice (which aired on October 16, 1987), and accepted several other small roles in film and television work. She then returned to Broadway in a revival of Our Town; her portrayal of Emily garnered her a Tony award nomination. She then appeared as Pee-wee Herman's (Paul Reubens) fiancée, Winnie Johnston, in the 1988 release of Big Top Pee-wee.
In 1990, she played Paula in Awakenings, starring Robert De Niro and Robin Williams. She also played in the 1990 movie Downtown with Anthony Edwards and Forest Whitaker. Again in 1990 she appeared alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kindergarten Cop. Miller plays a teacher, hiding with her son Dominic from her criminal drug-dealing husband Cullen Crisp (Richard Tyson).
Personal life In 1994, she married actor Will Arnett. They divorced in 1995.
On May 28, 2000, she married James Huggins and had her first child, Eloisa May, on December 10, 2000. On March 23, 2009, she gave birth to her second child, Maria Adela.
On March 14, 2012, Miller filed for legal separation from Huggins after 12 years of marriage. On June 15, 2012, Miller withdrew her request for separation.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 1989 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Play) for a revival of 'Thornton Wilder' (qv)'s "Our Town."
- Father is 'Mark Miller (I)' (qv), best known as the father on _"Please Don't Eat the Daisies" (1965)_ (qv). Was also a writer and filmmaker (_A Walk in the Clouds (1995)_ (qv)). Mother is 'Bea Ammidown' (qv).
- Children: (with 'James Patrick Huggins' (qv)) Eloisa May Huggins (b. December 10, 2000, in Santa Monica at 7lbs 6oz) and Maria Adela Huggins (b. March 23, 2009, in Los Angeles, California).
- Stepdaughter of 'Barbara Stanger' (qv).
- Dated 'Al Pacino' (qv).
- Her older sister 'Marisa Miller (I)' (qv) is an actress and set decorator, and younger sister 'Savannah Miller' (qv) is a social worker and a representative for Arbonne skin care products who lives in Washington state.
- Second child, daughter Maria Adela Huggins, was born March 23, 2009, in Los Angeles.
- Has acted with all three stars of the Godfather Saga ('Marlon Brando' (qv) in _The Freshman (1990)_ (qv), 'Robert De Niro' (qv) in _Awakenings (1990)_ (qv), and 'Al Pacino' (qv) in _Carlito's Way (1993)_ (qv).