Apr. 9th, 1965
Prostejov, Czechoslovakia. [now Czech Republic]
Paulina Porizkova's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Knots
1998 - Thursday
1993 - Arizona Dream
1989 - Her Alibi
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Judge
- Wrote the novel "A Model Summer", dealing with a teenage girl's disgusting experiences in the Paris fashion industry (2007).
- When she was still a toddler, her parents fled Czechoslovakia and moved to Lund in Sweden. They left her under the care of her grandmother, believing she could be brought out later, which wasn't allowed by the Communist regime. Her mother then secretly returned to Czechoslovakia, but was detained by the police. When Swedish politician 'Olof Palme' (qv) put pressure on the Czechoslovakian government, the Porizkova family was finally reunited after seven years.
- Gave birth to her second son Oliver Orion Ocasek on 23 May 1998.
- Cover model of the Sports Illustrated Swimmsuit Issue in 1984 and 1985.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world (1990).
- In 1988, Estée Lauder offered her the highest-paying modeling contract ($ six million) at that time. After seven years, she was replaced by 'Elizabeth Hurley (I)' (qv).
- Gave birth to her son Jonathan Raven Ocasek in May 1993.
- Loves copying oil painting masterpieces in museums using pastel sticks and a sketchpad.