Apr. 9th, 1965
Prostejov, Czechoslovakia. [now Czech Republic]
Paulina Porizkova's Main TV Roles[no roles found]
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- When she was still a toddler, her parents fled Czechoslovakia and moved to Lund in Sweden. They left her under the care of her grandmother, believing she could be brought out later, which wasn't allowed by the Communist regime. Her mother then secretly returned to Czechoslovakia, but was detained by the police. When Swedish politician 'Olof Palme' (qv) put pressure on the Czechoslovakian government, the Porizkova family was finally reunited after seven years.
- Loves copying oil painting masterpieces in museums using pastel sticks and a sketchpad.
- One of the first top models to become a celebrity in the early 1980s.
- Wrote the novel "A Model Summer", dealing with a teenage girl's disgusting experiences in the Paris fashion industry (2007).
- In 1988, Estée Lauder offered her the highest-paying modeling contract ($ six million) at that time. After seven years, she was replaced by 'Elizabeth Hurley (I)' (qv).
- Loves playing classical piano.
- Was the object of adulation for 'Octavia St. Laurent' (qv), a black transsexual, in the cult documentary _Paris Is Burning (1990)_ (qv), thus making her a cult within a cult. In insider circles it is considered her biggest claim to fame.
- Is mentioned in the song "Friends of P" by 'The Rentals' (qv) and "Paulina" by 'No Doubt' (qv).