Apr. 9th, 1965
Prostejov, Czechoslovakia. [now Czech Republic]
Paulina Porizkova's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Knots
1998 - Thursday
1993 - Arizona Dream
1989 - Her Alibi
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Judge
- Has a younger brother, Jachym.
- She turned down a role in _GoldenEye (1995)_ (qv).
- Gave birth to her son Jonathan Raven Ocasek in May 1993.
- When she was still a toddler, her parents fled Czechoslovakia and moved to Lund in Sweden. They left her under the care of her grandmother, believing she could be brought out later, which wasn't allowed by the Communist regime. Her mother then secretly returned to Czechoslovakia, but was detained by the police. When Swedish politician 'Olof Palme' (qv) put pressure on the Czechoslovakian government, the Porizkova family was finally reunited after seven years.
- Stepmother of 'Eron Otcasek' (qv), 'Christopher Otcasek' (qv) and Derek Otcasek.
- One of the first top models to become a celebrity in the early 1980s.
- Was the object of adulation for 'Octavia St. Laurent' (qv), a black transsexual, in the cult documentary _Paris Is Burning (1990)_ (qv), thus making her a cult within a cult. In insider circles it is considered her biggest claim to fame.
- In 1988, Estée Lauder offered her the highest-paying modeling contract ($ six million) at that time. After seven years, she was replaced by 'Elizabeth Hurley (I)' (qv).