Mar. 27th, 1966
Amarillo, Texas, USA
Paula Trickey's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Amarillo Texas, raised in Tulsa Oklahoma, and the youngest of 3 girls, Paula Trickey attended East Central High School in Tulsa. Paula found her love for acting at the tender age of 8. At a time of grief in her family home, Paula performed and wrote plays in hopes to entertain and cheer up her family. This fueling Trickey's love for acting combined with her strong ambition and drive even at this early age led to many plays and theatrical productions from elementary school and throughout high school. While in high school, Paula started doing local commercials and pageants and, in 1985, was crowned Miss Oklahoma in the All-American Teen Pageant (a Miss USA production) only to lose in the finals to an unknown Halle Berry. Following high school, Paula moved to Dallas where she studied acting and enjoyed much success with commercials and local film productions. With a strong sense of confidence and an invaluable array of experience, Paula moved to Los Angeles in 1986. After arriving in Los Angeles, Trickey landed a 5 season run on "Pacific Blue" (1996), portraying a by-the book Police Sgt. Cory McNamara. She had also been a series regular on NBC's "Trade Winds" (1993), and has recurred on such shows as "The O.C." (2003), "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990), "Walker, Texas Ranger" (1993) and "Renegade" (1992). She has done several movies of the week. Past Tense (2006) (TV) with the Lifetime Network and, with the Hallmark Network, such as Gone But Not Forgotten (2004) (TV), McBride: Murder Past Midnight (2005) (TV) and A Carol Christmas (2003) (TV) and feature films such as The Base (1999) (V), A Kiss Goodnight (1994) (TV) and Mr. Saturday Night (1992).
- Her first child, with husband 'Rich Thurber (I)' (qv), was born in 2000.
- Enjoys golf, and attends several charitable tournaments. Some of her loves are the Athletes and Entertainers for Kids, LAPD memorial fund, The Fireman's Memorial Fund, 'Dennis Quaid' (qv) tournament for Doctors without Borders and the Children's Hospital of Austin, 'Pat Boone (I)' (qv)'s Head Trauma awareness, Pediactric Aids, Animal Rescue, as well as a host of other organizations.
- Some of her hobbies include having the websites to milfgolf.com and hotmamagolf.com, providing sassy/sexy/fun golf wear and accessories and with donations going to charity. Also making jewelry, and all around building, repair and creative painting on her home.
- She is the baby of 3 girls. The oldest one, Karla, passing when she was 13 and Paula was 9.
- Husband is 'Howie Mandel (I)' (qv)'s road manager and currently co-producing _"Deal or No Deal" (2005)_ (qv), the game show.