Jun. 19th, 1962
San Fernando, California, USA
Paula Abdul's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Brüno
2005 - Robots
2002 - The Master of Disguise
1991 - L.A. Story
1987 - Can't Buy Me Love
1983 - Private School
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Paula Abdul (Voiced)
Herself - Guest Appearance
Herself - Guest Judge
Herself - Judge
Paula Abdul grew up in the San Fernando Valley, California. She began taking dance lessons when she was eight. She attended Van Nuys High School, where she was senior class president and head cheerleader. After graduating in 1980, she started college at Cal State-Northridge, majoring in TV and radio. After joining the L.A. Lakers cheerleaders, she became head cheerleader/choreographer after only a few months, eventually dropping out of college to dance and choreograph full-time. She was recruited by 'The Jacksons' to choreograph their 1984 "Torture" video, the first in a long list of videos and movies she would choreograph. She branched out into singing with her first CD, "Forever Your Girl", which had lackluster sales until the single "Straight Up" exploded onto the charts in December 1988 and she has been a popular singer/dancer ever since, enhanced by her stint as a judge on the hit series American Idol: The Search for a Superstar (2002).
- She has a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- In a guest appearance on _"The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn" (1999)_ (qv) on 18 May 2004, she remarked that she is no longer a vegetarian.
- Big fan of 'Brian Wilson (I)' (qv) and 'The Beach Boys' (qv).
- Measurements: 34B-23-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Has an older sister named Wendy
- She appeared in and choreographed 'Janet Jackson (I)' (qv)'s "Nasty" and "What Have You Done For Me Lately?" music videos.
- Dancer, Choreographer.
- Her 1989 #1 hit "Straight Up" was ranked #81 on VH1's 100 Greatest Dance Songs.