Jun. 19th, 1962
San Fernando, California, USA
Paula Abdul's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Paula Abdul grew up in the San Fernando Valley, California. She began taking dance lessons when she was eight. She attended Van Nuys High School, where she was senior class president and head cheerleader. After graduating in 1980, she started college at Cal State-Northridge, majoring in TV and radio. After joining the L.A. Lakers cheerleaders, she became head cheerleader/choreographer after only a few months, eventually dropping out of college to dance and choreograph full-time. She was recruited by 'The Jacksons' to choreograph their 1984 "Torture" video, the first in a long list of videos and movies she would choreograph. She branched out into singing with her first CD, "Forever Your Girl", which had lackluster sales until the single "Straight Up" exploded onto the charts in December 1988 and she has been a popular singer/dancer ever since, enhanced by her stint as a judge on the hit series American Idol: The Search for a Superstar (2002).
- 3/24/05: A Los Angeles court sentenced her to two years probation and ordered her to pay $1100 after she pleaded no contest to an involvement in a hit-and-run incident in December of 2004.
- Ranked #85 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Choreographed videos for several artists such as 'George Michael (II)' (qv), 'Deborah Gibson (I)' (qv), 'Dolly Parton' (qv), 'Janet Jackson (I)' (qv), and 'ZZ Top' (qv).
- Measurements: 34B-23-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Her father is of Syrian Jewish descent and her mother is a Canadian Jew. Her parents divorced when she was a child.
- Former daughter-in-law of 'Martin Sheen' (qv) and 'Janet Sheen (I)' (qv)
- She appeared in and choreographed 'Janet Jackson (I)' (qv)'s "Nasty" and "What Have You Done For Me Lately?" music videos.
- Former L.A. Lakers cheerleader.