Jun. 19th, 1962
San Fernando, California, USA
Paula Abdul's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Paula Abdul grew up in the San Fernando Valley, California. She began taking dance lessons when she was eight. She attended Van Nuys High School, where she was senior class president and head cheerleader. After graduating in 1980, she started college at Cal State-Northridge, majoring in TV and radio. After joining the L.A. Lakers cheerleaders, she became head cheerleader/choreographer after only a few months, eventually dropping out of college to dance and choreograph full-time. She was recruited by 'The Jacksons' to choreograph their 1984 "Torture" video, the first in a long list of videos and movies she would choreograph. She branched out into singing with her first CD, "Forever Your Girl", which had lackluster sales until the single "Straight Up" exploded onto the charts in December 1988 and she has been a popular singer/dancer ever since, enhanced by her stint as a judge on the hit series American Idol: The Search for a Superstar (2002).
- Paula spent her honeymoon with ex-husband 'Emilio Estevez' (qv) in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Former sister-in-law of 'Ramon Estevez' (qv) and 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv)
- Former daughter-in-law of 'Martin Sheen' (qv) and 'Janet Sheen (I)' (qv)
- She said a few lines on Chunky A's ('Arsenio Hall' (qv)) song "Dope, The Big Lie." The song appears on the Chunky A album "Large And In Charge.".
- When she was growing up, 'Michael Bolton (I)' (qv) was her babysitter.
- Big fan of 'Brian Wilson (I)' (qv) and 'The Beach Boys' (qv).
- Her favorite love song is "The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face" by 'Roberta Flack' (qv).
- Choreographed videos for several artists such as 'George Michael (II)' (qv), 'Deborah Gibson (I)' (qv), 'Dolly Parton' (qv), 'Janet Jackson (I)' (qv), and 'ZZ Top' (qv).