Jun. 19th, 1962
San Fernando, California, USA
Paula Abdul's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Brüno
2005 - Robots
2002 - The Master of Disguise
1987 - Can't Buy Me Love
1983 - Private School
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Judge
Paula Abdul (Voiced)
Herself - Guest Appearance
Herself - Guest Judge
Herself - Judge
Paula Abdul grew up in the San Fernando Valley, California. She began taking dance lessons when she was eight. She attended Van Nuys High School, where she was senior class president and head cheerleader. After graduating in 1980, she started college at Cal State-Northridge, majoring in TV and radio. After joining the L.A. Lakers cheerleaders, she became head cheerleader/choreographer after only a few months, eventually dropping out of college to dance and choreograph full-time. She was recruited by 'The Jacksons' to choreograph their 1984 "Torture" video, the first in a long list of videos and movies she would choreograph. She branched out into singing with her first CD, "Forever Your Girl", which had lackluster sales until the single "Straight Up" exploded onto the charts in December 1988 and she has been a popular singer/dancer ever since, enhanced by her stint as a judge on the hit series American Idol: The Search for a Superstar (2002).
- Ranked #85 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Had 6 #1 hits from 1989-1991. They include "Straight Up", "Forever Your Girl", "Cold Hearted", "Opposites Attract", "Rush Rush", and her last #1 on September 1991 "The Promise Of A New Day".
- When she was growing up, 'Michael Bolton (I)' (qv) was her babysitter.
- Co-wrote, with 'Kara DioGuardi' (qv), 'Kylie Minogue' (qv)'s UK #1 hit "Spinning Around".
- Former daughter-in-law of 'Martin Sheen' (qv) and 'Janet Sheen (I)' (qv)
- Paula spent her honeymoon with ex-husband 'Emilio Estevez' (qv) in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- She has a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Her 1989 #1 hit "Straight Up" was ranked #81 on VH1's 100 Greatest Dance Songs.