Apr. 6th, 1969
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Dr. Zander (Voiced)
Paul Rudd traveled with his family during his early years because of his father's airline job. He attended the Shawnee Mission West High School in Overland Park, Kansas, and then enrolled at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, majoring in theater. He graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts-West in Los Angeles and participated in a three-month intensive workshop under the guidance of Michael Kahn (I) at the British Drama Academy at Oxford University in Britain. Rudd helped to produce the Globe Theater's production of Howard Brenton's "Bloody Poetry," which starred Rudd as Percy Bysshe Shelley.
- Improvised the "You know how I know you're gay?" sequence in _The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)_ (qv) with 'Seth Rogen' (qv).
- 1998: Began filming on a movie called "Chicken Blood and Other Tales," but production was canceled before it wrapped.
- Prior to joining the cast of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), he co-starred with 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) in _The Object of My Affection (1998)_ (qv).
- His parents were Jewish immigrants from England. Original family surname, "Rudnitzky," was shortened by his grandfather.
- Was disappointed by the final result of _Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)_ (qv) because filming had him believing it was going to be a high-caliber suspense film, but the reaction to the film was overwhelmingly negative.
- Friend of TV writer 'Rob Thomas (II)' (qv) and 'Jon Hamm' (qv).
- Has a son with wife 'Julie Yaeger' (qv) named Jack Rudd (b. 2006).
- 2/23/03: Married his girlfriend, 'Julie Yaeger' (qv) in upstate New York. They live in Manhattan. As of 2009, they have been together for 14 years.