Apr. 6th, 1969
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
Paul Rudd's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - How Do You Know
2010 - Dinner for Schmucks
2009 - Year One
2009 - Monsters vs. Aliens
2009 - I Love You, Man
2008 - Forgetting Sarah Marshall
2008 - Role Models
2008 - Over Her Dead Body
2007 - I Could Never Be Your Woman
2007 - The Ten
2007 - Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
2007 - Reno 911!: Miami
2007 - Knocked Up
2006 - Night at the Museum
2006 - The Oh in Ohio
2006 - Diggers
2005 - The 40 Year Old Virgin
2005 - The Baxter
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
2003 - Two Days
2003 - The Shape of Things
2001 - Wet Hot American Summer
1999 - The Cider House Rules
1999 - 200 Cigarettes
1998 - The Object of My Affection
1998 - Overnight Delivery
1996 - Romeo + Juliet
1995 - Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
1995 - Clueless
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Paul Rudd traveled with his family during his early years because of his father's airline job. He attended the Shawnee Mission West High School in Overland Park, Kansas, and then enrolled at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, majoring in theater. He graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts-West in Los Angeles and participated in a three-month intensive workshop under the guidance of Michael Kahn (I) at the British Drama Academy at Oxford University in Britain. Rudd helped to produce the Globe Theater's production of Howard Brenton's "Bloody Poetry," which starred Rudd as Percy Bysshe Shelley.
- Was a DJ at Bar Mitzvahs before his career took off.
- Kansas City Chiefs fan.
- 1998: Began filming on a movie called "Chicken Blood and Other Tales," but production was canceled before it wrapped.
- His parents were Jewish immigrants from England. Original family surname, "Rudnitzky," was shortened by his grandfather.
- As part of a running gag during his appearances on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv), Rudd often brought a clip from the film _Mac and Me (1988)_ (qv) where the wheelchair-bound Eric ('Jade Calegory' (qv)) flies off a cliff while Mac watches on, instead of showing clips from the actual movie he is there to promote. The only exception was when he came to promote _Knocked Up (2007)_ (qv). 'Judd Apatow' (qv) showed up specifically to make sure Rudd wouldn't do it.
- Attended the University of Kansas.
- Improvised the "You know how I know you're gay?" sequence in _The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)_ (qv) with 'Seth Rogen' (qv).
- He wrote his name in big letters on his high school wall during a reunion.