Apr. 6th, 1969
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
Paul Rudd's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - How Do You Know
2010 - Dinner for Schmucks
2009 - Year One
2009 - Monsters vs. Aliens
2009 - I Love You, Man
2008 - Forgetting Sarah Marshall
2008 - Role Models
2008 - Over Her Dead Body
2007 - I Could Never Be Your Woman
2007 - The Ten
2007 - Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
2007 - Reno 911!: Miami
2007 - Knocked Up
2006 - Night at the Museum
2006 - The Oh in Ohio
2006 - Diggers
2005 - The 40 Year Old Virgin
2005 - The Baxter
2004 - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
2003 - Two Days
2003 - The Shape of Things
2001 - Wet Hot American Summer
1999 - The Cider House Rules
1999 - 200 Cigarettes
1998 - The Object of My Affection
1998 - Overnight Delivery
1996 - Romeo + Juliet
1995 - Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
1995 - Clueless
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Zander (Voiced)
Paul Rudd traveled with his family during his early years because of his father's airline job. He attended the Shawnee Mission West High School in Overland Park, Kansas, and then enrolled at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, majoring in theater. He graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts-West in Los Angeles and participated in a three-month intensive workshop under the guidance of Michael Kahn (I) at the British Drama Academy at Oxford University in Britain. Rudd helped to produce the Globe Theater's production of Howard Brenton's "Bloody Poetry," which starred Rudd as Percy Bysshe Shelley.
- Was a DJ at Bar Mitzvahs before his career took off.
- Is a member of Sigma Nu Fraternity.
- Was disappointed by the final result of _Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)_ (qv) because filming had him believing it was going to be a high-caliber suspense film, but the reaction to the film was overwhelmingly negative.
- His favorite music is that of 'Tom Waits' (qv).
- Improvised the "You know how I know you're gay?" sequence in _The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005)_ (qv) with 'Seth Rogen' (qv).
- He is a self-described "mega-fan" of the TV show _"Lost" (2004)_ (qv). He volunteered to interview "Lost" star 'Emilie de Ravin' (qv), whom he has never met, for "Interview Magazine" because of his love for the show.
- His parents were Jewish immigrants from England. Original family surname, "Rudnitzky," was shortened by his grandfather.
- Prior to joining the cast of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), he co-starred with 'Jennifer Aniston' (qv) in _The Object of My Affection (1998)_ (qv).