Jun. 6th, 1967
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Himself - Host
Man in Sleeping Bag
George Remus (Voiced)
Paul Edward Valentine Giamatti was born June 6, 1967. He graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall prep school, majored in English at Yale, and obtained his Master's Degree in Fine Arts, with his major in drama from the Yale University School of Drama.
Paul is the youngest of three children. His older brother, Marcus Giamatti, is also an actor. His sister, Elena, designs jewelry. His father, A. Bartlett Giamatti, was a professor of Renaissance Literature at Yale University, and went on to become the university's youngest president. (In 1986, Bart Giamatti was appointed president of baseball's National League. He became Commissioner of Baseball on April 1, 1989 and served for five months until his untimely death on September 1, 1989. He was commissioner at the time Pete Rose was banned from the game.) Paul's mother, the former Toni Smith, was an actress before she married Dr. Giamatti. Paul's father has written six books.
Giamatti's acting roots are in theatre, from his college days at Yale, to regional productions (Seattle, San Diego and Williamstown, Massachusetts) to Broadway.
- Has one child, a boy named Samuel, born in 2001, with his wife, 'Elizabeth Giamatti' (qv).
- He is the younger brother of 'Marcus Giamatti' (qv).
- Lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Despite his character of Miles in _Sideways (2004)_ (qv) and his passion for pinot, Giamatti himself admits that he has very little knowledge of wines and is not much of a fan of them.
- His life ambition is to star in a crime caper with 'Robert Duvall' (qv) and 'John Hurt' (qv). He plans on contacting the two stars with his idea should _Sideways (2004)_ (qv) win Best Picture at the Academy Awards.
- Graduated from Yale University with a degree in English
- Is a big fan of science-fiction.
- Ex-brother-in-law of 'Kathryn Meisle' (qv).