Jun. 6th, 1967
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Paul Giamatti's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Paul Edward Valentine Giamatti was born June 6, 1967. He graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall prep school, majored in English at Yale, and obtained his Master's Degree in Fine Arts, with his major in drama from the Yale University School of Drama.
Paul is the youngest of three children. His older brother, Marcus Giamatti, is also an actor. His sister, Elena, designs jewelry. His father, A. Bartlett Giamatti, was a professor of Renaissance Literature at Yale University, and went on to become the university's youngest president. (In 1986, Bart Giamatti was appointed president of baseball's National League. He became Commissioner of Baseball on April 1, 1989 and served for five months until his untimely death on September 1, 1989. He was commissioner at the time Pete Rose was banned from the game.) Paul's mother, the former Toni Smith, was an actress before she married Dr. Giamatti. Paul's father has written six books.
Giamatti's acting roots are in theatre, from his college days at Yale, to regional productions (Seattle, San Diego and Williamstown, Massachusetts) to Broadway.
- Is a Boston Red Sox fan
- Father died in 1989.
- Graduated from the Yale University School of Drama with a master's degree in drama
- During the shooting of the upcoming _The Hawk Is Dying (2006)_ (qv), which is mainly about his character and a Red-Tailed Hawk, he became a raptor-enthusiast.
- Lived in Seattle, WA, for a brief period after college.
- Despite his character of Miles in _Sideways (2004)_ (qv) and his passion for pinot, Giamatti himself admits that he has very little knowledge of wines and is not much of a fan of them.
- Graduated from Yale University with a degree in English
- In the 1998 remake of _Doctor Dolittle (1998)_ (qv), Paul portrayed a human in charge of a talking orangutan, in the 2001 remake of _Planet of the Apes (2001)_ (qv), he portrays a talking orangutan in charge of humans.