Jun. 6th, 1967
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Paul Giamatti's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Paul Edward Valentine Giamatti was born June 6, 1967. He graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall prep school, majored in English at Yale, and obtained his Master's Degree in Fine Arts, with his major in drama from the Yale University School of Drama.
Paul is the youngest of three children. His older brother, Marcus Giamatti, is also an actor. His sister, Elena, designs jewelry. His father, A. Bartlett Giamatti, was a professor of Renaissance Literature at Yale University, and went on to become the university's youngest president. (In 1986, Bart Giamatti was appointed president of baseball's National League. He became Commissioner of Baseball on April 1, 1989 and served for five months until his untimely death on September 1, 1989. He was commissioner at the time Pete Rose was banned from the game.) Paul's mother, the former Toni Smith, was an actress before she married Dr. Giamatti. Paul's father has written six books.
Giamatti's acting roots are in theatre, from his college days at Yale, to regional productions (Seattle, San Diego and Williamstown, Massachusetts) to Broadway.
- He and his wife, 'Elizabeth Giamatti' (qv), own a home in Venice, California.
- Graduated from the Yale University School of Drama with a master's degree in drama
- Graduated from Yale University with a degree in English
- Lived in Seattle, WA, for a brief period after college.
- His father was of Italian and English descent. His mother is of Irish descent.
- Ex-brother-in-law of 'Kathryn Meisle' (qv).
- Is a Boston Red Sox fan
- Despite his character of Miles in _Sideways (2004)_ (qv) and his passion for pinot, Giamatti himself admits that he has very little knowledge of wines and is not much of a fan of them.