Jun. 6th, 1967
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Guest
Himself - Host
Man in Sleeping Bag
George Remus (Voiced)
Paul Edward Valentine Giamatti was born June 6, 1967. He graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall prep school, majored in English at Yale, and obtained his Master's Degree in Fine Arts, with his major in drama from the Yale University School of Drama.
Paul is the youngest of three children. His older brother, Marcus Giamatti, is also an actor. His sister, Elena, designs jewelry. His father, A. Bartlett Giamatti, was a professor of Renaissance Literature at Yale University, and went on to become the university's youngest president. (In 1986, Bart Giamatti was appointed president of baseball's National League. He became Commissioner of Baseball on April 1, 1989 and served for five months until his untimely death on September 1, 1989. He was commissioner at the time Pete Rose was banned from the game.) Paul's mother, the former Toni Smith, was an actress before she married Dr. Giamatti. Paul's father has written six books.
Giamatti's acting roots are in theatre, from his college days at Yale, to regional productions (Seattle, San Diego and Williamstown, Massachusetts) to Broadway.
- Graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall
- In the 1998 remake of _Doctor Dolittle (1998)_ (qv), Paul portrayed a human in charge of a talking orangutan, in the 2001 remake of _Planet of the Apes (2001)_ (qv), he portrays a talking orangutan in charge of humans.
- Graduated from Yale University with a degree in English
- Is a big fan of science-fiction.
- Ex-brother-in-law of 'Kathryn Meisle' (qv).
- Has appeared in three remakes, _Sabrina (1995)_ (qv), _Doctor Dolittle (1998)_ (qv), and _Planet of the Apes (2001)_ (qv).
- He is the younger brother of 'Marcus Giamatti' (qv).
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the both the 2003 and 2007 Razzie Award nominating ballots. He was listed as a suggestion in the Worst Supporting Actor category on the 2003 ballot for his performance in the film _Big Fat Liar (2002)_ (qv) and in the Worst (Leading) Actor category for his performance in the film _Lady in the Water (2006)_ (qv). He failed to receive either nomination.