Jul. 30th, 1941
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Paul Anka's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - 3000 Miles to Graceland
1992 - Captain Ron
1962 - The Longest Day
1961 - Look in Any Window
1959 - Girls Town
Guest TV Roles
Canadian-born Paul Anka first achieved success in the 1950s as a teenage singing star (and, for the times, an unusual one in that he wrote many of his own songs). Although he appeared in several films, and was quite believable as a nervous, hyper young soldier in The Longest Day (1962) (for which he also composed the theme music), Anka's main interest was music, and he concentrated his efforts into composing (he wrote Frank Sinatra's classic "My Way") and nightclub appearances in Las Vegas.
- He is friends with 'Ryan Reynolds (I)' (qv) and meets him once in a while (according to Ryan).
- Has dual Canadian/American citizenship. Became a U.S. citizen on September 6, 1990.
- Father of 'Amanda Anka' (qv).
- Married his second wife, 'Anna ┼berg' (qv), in Porto Cervo, Sardinia, Italy. They have one son, Ethan (b. 2004).
- To date, Paul has recorded 125 albums--including songs in Japanese, German, Spanish, French, and Italian--and sold more than 15 million worldwide.
- He wrote "Lonely Boy" for his mother, who died of a liver disease.
- He discovered 'Michael BublÚ' (qv), 'Corey Hart (I)' (qv) and 'David Clayton-Thomas' (qv).
- He released a version of the song "Kabhi Kabhie" from the film _Kabhi Kabhie - Love Is Life (1976)_ (qv) starring Indian actor 'Amitabh Bachchan' (qv).