Jul. 30th, 1941
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Paul Anka's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - The Outrageous Sophie Tucker
2001 - 3000 Miles to Graceland
1992 - Captain Ron
1962 - The Longest Day
1961 - Look in Any Window
1959 - Girls Town
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Celebrity Contestant
Himself - Team Captain
Himself - Mentor
Canadian-born Paul Anka first achieved success in the 1950s as a teenage singing star (and, for the times, an unusual one in that he wrote many of his own songs). Although he appeared in several films, and was quite believable as a nervous, hyper young soldier in The Longest Day (1962) (for which he also composed the theme music), Anka's main interest was music, and he concentrated his efforts into composing (he wrote Frank Sinatra's classic "My Way") and nightclub appearances in Las Vegas.
- "My Way", the song he wrote for 'Frank Sinatra' (qv), is tagged as the "Killer Song" in the Philippines. It's the top pick of drinking buddies in karaoke/videoke bars and when sung off-key, the singer is usually roughed up (or oftentimes shot or stabbed to death) by other drunks in the bar.
- Married his second wife, 'Anna ┼berg' (qv), in Porto Cervo, Sardinia, Italy. They have one son, Ethan (b. 2004).
- Wrote the song "Puppy Love" about his romance with 'Annette Funicello' (qv).
- Of Lebanese heritage.
- Had a song duet with 'Regine Velasquez' (qv) titled "It's Hard To Say Goodbye".
- He started singing at age 12.
- Lorelai Gilmore's dog on _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) is named after him.
- Father-in-law of actor/director 'Jason Bateman' (qv).