Jul. 30th, 1941
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Paul Anka's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - The Outrageous Sophie Tucker
2001 - 3000 Miles to Graceland
1992 - Captain Ron
1962 - The Longest Day
1961 - Look in Any Window
1959 - Girls Town
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Celebrity Contestant
Himself - Team Captain
Himself - Mentor
Canadian-born Paul Anka first achieved success in the 1950s as a teenage singing star (and, for the times, an unusual one in that he wrote many of his own songs). Although he appeared in several films, and was quite believable as a nervous, hyper young soldier in The Longest Day (1962) (for which he also composed the theme music), Anka's main interest was music, and he concentrated his efforts into composing (he wrote Frank Sinatra's classic "My Way") and nightclub appearances in Las Vegas.
- He released a version of the song "Kabhi Kabhie" from the film _Kabhi Kabhie - Love Is Life (1976)_ (qv) starring Indian actor 'Amitabh Bachchan' (qv).
- Formerly co-owner of the NHL's Ottawa Senators.
- Has street named after him in Ottawa, Paul Anka Dr.
- Father of five daughters: Alexandra, Amanda, Alicia, Anthea and Amelia.
- Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1993.
- Father of 'Amanda Anka' (qv).
- Played himself on an episode of _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv).
- He discovered 'Michael BublÚ' (qv), 'Corey Hart (I)' (qv) and 'David Clayton-Thomas' (qv).