Jul. 30th, 1941
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Paul Anka's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - 3000 Miles to Graceland
1992 - Captain Ron
1962 - The Longest Day
1961 - Look in Any Window
1959 - Girls Town
Guest TV Roles
Canadian-born Paul Anka first achieved success in the 1950s as a teenage singing star (and, for the times, an unusual one in that he wrote many of his own songs). Although he appeared in several films, and was quite believable as a nervous, hyper young soldier in The Longest Day (1962) (for which he also composed the theme music), Anka's main interest was music, and he concentrated his efforts into composing (he wrote Frank Sinatra's classic "My Way") and nightclub appearances in Las Vegas.
- His song "Times of Your Life", originally a commercial jingle for Kodak cameras, was a Billboard #1 pop hit in 1973.
- He wrote "Lonely Boy" for his mother, who died of a liver disease.
- Pictured on one of four 52¢ Canadian commemorative postage stamps honoring Canadian Recording Artists, issued 29 June 2007. The other stamps pictured 'Gordon Lightfoot' (qv), 'Joni Mitchell' (qv), and 'Anne Murray (I)' (qv).
- Lorelai Gilmore's dog on _"Gilmore Girls" (2000)_ (qv) is named after him.
- He released a version of the song "Kabhi Kabhie" from the film _Kabhi Kabhie - Love Is Life (1976)_ (qv) starring Indian actor 'Amitabh Bachchan' (qv).
- Father of five daughters: Alexandra, Amanda, Alicia, Anthea and Amelia.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6840 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- (7 August 1957) makes his first network TV appearance (in the U.S.), as he features his soon-to-be #1 hit "Diana".