Jul. 30th, 1941
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Paul Anka's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - 3000 Miles to Graceland
1992 - Captain Ron
1962 - The Longest Day
1961 - Look in Any Window
1959 - Girls Town
Guest TV Roles
Canadian-born Paul Anka first achieved success in the 1950s as a teenage singing star (and, for the times, an unusual one in that he wrote many of his own songs). Although he appeared in several films, and was quite believable as a nervous, hyper young soldier in The Longest Day (1962) (for which he also composed the theme music), Anka's main interest was music, and he concentrated his efforts into composing (he wrote Frank Sinatra's classic "My Way") and nightclub appearances in Las Vegas.
- Wrote "Diana", a love song, for the 18-year-old babysitter of his younger brother and sister. The song became America's top song in September of 1957.
- Father-in-law of actor/director 'Jason Bateman' (qv).
- Anka played Sammy Glick for one week in the Broadway musical, "What Makes Sammy Run?" beginning on July 13, 1964.
- Has street named after him in Ottawa, Paul Anka Dr.
- (7 August 1957) makes his first network TV appearance (in the U.S.), as he features his soon-to-be #1 hit "Diana".
- Married his second wife, 'Anna Åberg' (qv), in Porto Cervo, Sardinia, Italy. They have one son, Ethan (b. 2004).
- He released a version of the song "Kabhi Kabhie" from the film _Kabhi Kabhie - Love Is Life (1976)_ (qv) starring Indian actor 'Amitabh Bachchan' (qv).