Jul. 30th, 1941
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Paul Anka's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - 3000 Miles to Graceland
1992 - Captain Ron
1962 - The Longest Day
1961 - Look in Any Window
1959 - Girls Town
Guest TV Roles
Canadian-born Paul Anka first achieved success in the 1950s as a teenage singing star (and, for the times, an unusual one in that he wrote many of his own songs). Although he appeared in several films, and was quite believable as a nervous, hyper young soldier in The Longest Day (1962) (for which he also composed the theme music), Anka's main interest was music, and he concentrated his efforts into composing (he wrote Frank Sinatra's classic "My Way") and nightclub appearances in Las Vegas.
- Has street named after him in Ottawa, Paul Anka Dr.
- Wrote "Diana", a love song, for the 18-year-old babysitter of his younger brother and sister. The song became America's top song in September of 1957.
- He released a version of the song "Kabhi Kabhie" from the film _Kabhi Kabhie - Love Is Life (1976)_ (qv) starring Indian actor 'Amitabh Bachchan' (qv).
- Anka played Sammy Glick for one week in the Broadway musical, "What Makes Sammy Run?" beginning on July 13, 1964.
- Played himself on an episode of _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv).
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6840 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Wrote the song "Puppy Love" about his romance with 'Annette Funicello' (qv).
- Inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1993.