Nov. 14th, 1964
Paterson, New Jersey, USA
Patrick Warburton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Playing It Cool (AMany Splintered Thing)
2015 - Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant
2015 - Ted 2
2013 - Movie 43
2012 - ted
2011 - Hoodwinked Too! Hood VS. Evil
2009 - Rock Slyde
2008 - Space Chimps
2008 - Get Smart
2007 - Bee Movie
2007 - Underdog
2006 - The Wild
2006 - Open Season
2005 - Sky High
2005 - Chicken Little
2005 - Rebound
2005 - Hoodwinked
2004 - Home on the Range
2002 - Big Trouble
2001 - Camouflage
2001 - Camouflage
2001 - Joe Somebody
2000 - Scream 3
2000 - The Dish
1999 - The Woman Chaser
1991 - Scorchers
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Patrick Warburton appeared as David Puddy, Elaine's on-again, off-again boyfriend on the hit sitcom Seinfeld in 1995, and has since then steadily found his talents in ever-greater demand. With his squinty eyes and detective's voice, Warburton has become a humorous personality for all kinds of characters.
Warburton was born on November 14, 1964, in Paterson, NJ, and raised in Southern California. Patrick studied marine biology at Orange Coast College, where he met his wife, Cathi, before dropping out to pursue modeling and acting at age 19.
It was not until he appeared in the 1995 episode of 'Seinfeld' entitled "The Fusilli Jerry" that Warburton really started to attract attention. As Puddy, Jerry's lunkhead mechanic who spits out dialogue in macho spurts. Warburton quickly became a popular semi-regular, involved in a running joke about his frequent breakups and reconciliations with Elaine. He stayed with the show until it finished in 1998, and provided the voice for Superman in a series of commercials.
Warburton had then contributed his memorable voice to characters on the animated shows 'Family Guy', 'Hercules', and 'Buzz Lightyear of Star Command'. At this time as Warburton flexed his comic talents as a bodyguard in 'Scream 3', then toned them down as an American astronomer in 'Australia in The Dish'. His voice was again called upon, this time by Disney, for the role of a sorceress' thug assistant in 'The Emperor's New Groove'.
Warburton signed on as the star of the Fox sitcom The Tick, about a muscle-bound but dimwitted superhero in a blue costume, which premiered in the fall of 2001.
Warburton became an in demand voice actor working on a variety of projects including TV series like 'The Venture Brothers' and 'Family Guy', as well as movies such as 'Home on the Range', 'Chicken Little', 'The Wild', and 'Bee Movie'. In 2007 he started on a successful run with the sitcom Rules of Engagement, and in 2012 he appeared in Seth McFarland's directorial debut, Ted.
- Scene in _A Mighty Wind (2003)_ (qv) was cut and is in the deleted scenes on the DVD.
- Son of 'Barbara Lord (I)' (qv).
- Attended Servite High School Class of 1982 in Anaheim, California.
- Is the namesake of the "Patrick Warburton Manliest Man Award" given by the Dallas, TX radio show "Pugs and Kelly" on 105.3 FM.
- (1998) Third child born.
- Has done the voice of an animated Superman twice: Once during an episode of _"Family Guy" (1999)_ (qv) and again for 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv)'s Seinfeld/Superman series of American Express commercials.
- The Woman Chaser was the first feature film in which he played the lead character. He portrayed the role of a eccentric used car salesman who became a wannabe movie director. The film was nominated for the 2000 Sundance Film Festival.
- Studied marine biology at Orange Coast College, where he met his wife, Cathi.