Mar. 4th, 1958
Bay Village, Ohio, USA
Patricia Heaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1996 - Space Jam
1994 - The New Age
1992 - Beethoven
1992 - Memoirs of an Invisible Man
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Actress (segment "Everybody Does Love Raymond")
While studying acting in New York with drama teacher William Esper, Heaton made her Broadway debut in the gospel musical "Don't Get God Started". She and her fellow students then formed Stage Three, an acting company that produced plays Off-Broadway. They took one production, "The Johnstown Vindicator", to Los Angeles, where Heaton's performance caught the eyes of casting directors. Consequently, Heaton portrayed the producer/daughter in the television series "Room for Two" (1992). Her additional television credits include a starring role in the series "Someone Like Me" (1994/I), a regular role in CBS's "Women of the House" (1995), and a recurring role on "thirtysomething" (1987). She also starred in the highly rated CBS television movie Miracle in the Woods (1997) (TV), with Della Reese. Her feature film credits include Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), Beethoven (1992), The New Age (1994) and Space Jam (1996).
For her role in "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996), Heaton won an Emmy for Leading Actress in a Comedy Series. She was nominated for a l999 Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and won the l998-99 Viewers for Quality Television Best Actress in a Quality Comedy Award.
Heaton was born in Cleveland and lives with her husband, David Hunt (I), and their four sons in Los Angeles.
- Daughter of Chuck Heaton, sportswriter for the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- In a 2006 TV Guide/Bravo poll, she was named the TV personality who would make the best real-life housewife with 72% of the vote, far surpassing runner-up 'Teri Hatcher' (qv) from _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv).
- According to 'Ray Romano (I)' (qv), Patricia won the role of Debra on _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv) because she was the only actress willing to kiss him at the auditions. It actually came down to a draw between her and 'Jane Sibbett' (qv) - CBS liked Sibbett, but Romano preferred Patricia, who was much closer to how he pictured Debra, and the producers backed him up.
- Auditioned for the role as Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- On the old _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv) television site, Heaton listed 'Gary Oldman' (qv) as her favorite actor.
- (November 2001) Told _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv) she was considering adopting a child. She already has four sons (none adopted). All four of her sons appear with her in the latest Jewel commercial when she's at home going over details of a party and her sons are all watching TV and checking off items she lists.
- Edited the news film at NBC station Channel 5 in Cleveland, when she was in college during the summers in the 1970s.
- She is a sister of the Delta Gamma sorority.