Mar. 4th, 1958
Bay Village, Ohio, USA
Patricia Heaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
While studying acting in New York with drama teacher William Esper, Heaton made her Broadway debut in the gospel musical "Don't Get God Started". She and her fellow students then formed Stage Three, an acting company that produced plays Off-Broadway. They took one production, "The Johnstown Vindicator", to Los Angeles, where Heaton's performance caught the eyes of casting directors. Consequently, Heaton portrayed the producer/daughter in the television series "Room for Two" (1992). Her additional television credits include a starring role in the series "Someone Like Me" (1994/I), a regular role in CBS's "Women of the House" (1995), and a recurring role on "thirtysomething" (1987). She also starred in the highly rated CBS television movie Miracle in the Woods (1997) (TV), with Della Reese. Her feature film credits include Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), Beethoven (1992), The New Age (1994) and Space Jam (1996).
For her role in "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996), Heaton won an Emmy for Leading Actress in a Comedy Series. She was nominated for a l999 Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and won the l998-99 Viewers for Quality Television Best Actress in a Quality Comedy Award.
Heaton was born in Cleveland and lives with her husband, David Hunt (I), and their four sons in Los Angeles.
- Her brother, 'Michael Heaton (III)' (qv), who writes for the Cleveland Plain Dealer, is getting involved in show business as a writer.
- While at Bay High School she sang in the choir, performed in the Stage Band, and was a member of the Rockettes Drill Team with the Bay Rockets' Marching Band.
- In a 2006 TV Guide/Bravo poll, she was named the TV personality who would make the best real-life housewife with 72% of the vote, far surpassing runner-up 'Teri Hatcher' (qv) from _"Desperate Housewives" (2004)_ (qv).
- 'Tony Shalhoub' (qv) was the best man at Patty's wedding to 'David Hunt (I)' (qv). Tony knew David before Patty came into the picture.
- She has four sons with her husband 'David Hunt (I)' (qv): Sam Hunt (b. 1994), John Basil Hunt (b. 1996), Joseph Charles 'Joe' Hunt (b. 1997) and Daniel Patrick 'Dan' Hunt (b. January 20th, 1999).
- (November 2001) Told _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv) she was considering adopting a child. She already has four sons (none adopted). All four of her sons appear with her in the latest Jewel commercial when she's at home going over details of a party and her sons are all watching TV and checking off items she lists.
- On the old _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv) television site, Heaton listed 'Gary Oldman' (qv) as her favorite actor.