Mar. 4th, 1958
Bay Village, Ohio, USA
Patricia Heaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1996 - Space Jam
1994 - The New Age
1992 - Beethoven
1992 - Memoirs of an Invisible Man
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Actress (segment "Everybody Does Love Raymond")
Herself - Guest Appearance
While studying acting in New York with drama teacher William Esper, Heaton made her Broadway debut in the gospel musical "Don't Get God Started". She and her fellow students then formed Stage Three, an acting company that produced plays Off-Broadway. They took one production, "The Johnstown Vindicator", to Los Angeles, where Heaton's performance caught the eyes of casting directors. Consequently, Heaton portrayed the producer/daughter in the television series "Room for Two" (1992). Her additional television credits include a starring role in the series "Someone Like Me" (1994/I), a regular role in CBS's "Women of the House" (1995), and a recurring role on "thirtysomething" (1987). She also starred in the highly rated CBS television movie Miracle in the Woods (1997) (TV), with Della Reese. Her feature film credits include Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), Beethoven (1992), The New Age (1994) and Space Jam (1996).
For her role in "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996), Heaton won an Emmy for Leading Actress in a Comedy Series. She was nominated for a l999 Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and won the l998-99 Viewers for Quality Television Best Actress in a Quality Comedy Award.
Heaton was born in Cleveland and lives with her husband, David Hunt (I), and their four sons in Los Angeles.
- All of her children were born by Caesarian section. The damage to her body was repaired with plastic surgery.
- She is a sister of the Delta Gamma sorority.
- Went to St. Raphael's Catholic grade School, Bay Village, Ohio.
- Her brother, 'Michael Heaton (III)' (qv), who writes for the Cleveland Plain Dealer, is getting involved in show business as a writer.
- While at Bay High School she sang in the choir, performed in the Stage Band, and was a member of the Rockettes Drill Team with the Bay Rockets' Marching Band.
- Graduate of Bay High School class of 1976.
- Spokeswoman for supermarkets owned by Alberstons, Inc., including Albertsons (West Coast, Rocky Mountain, Great Plains and Gulf Coast States), Acme Markets (Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania), and Jewel-Osco (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin).
- Graduated from Ohio State University in 1980 with a BA in Theater.