Mar. 4th, 1958
Bay Village, Ohio, USA
Patricia Heaton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Moms' Night Out
1996 - Space Jam
1994 - The New Age
1992 - Beethoven
1992 - Memoirs of an Invisible Man
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Actress (segment "Everybody Does Love Raymond")
While studying acting in New York with drama teacher William Esper, Heaton made her Broadway debut in the gospel musical "Don't Get God Started". She and her fellow students then formed Stage Three, an acting company that produced plays Off-Broadway. They took one production, "The Johnstown Vindicator", to Los Angeles, where Heaton's performance caught the eyes of casting directors. Consequently, Heaton portrayed the producer/daughter in the television series "Room for Two" (1992). Her additional television credits include a starring role in the series "Someone Like Me" (1994/I), a regular role in CBS's "Women of the House" (1995), and a recurring role on "thirtysomething" (1987). She also starred in the highly rated CBS television movie Miracle in the Woods (1997) (TV), with Della Reese. Her feature film credits include Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), Beethoven (1992), The New Age (1994) and Space Jam (1996).
For her role in "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996), Heaton won an Emmy for Leading Actress in a Comedy Series. She was nominated for a l999 Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and won the l998-99 Viewers for Quality Television Best Actress in a Quality Comedy Award.
Heaton was born in Cleveland and lives with her husband, David Hunt (I), and their four sons in Los Angeles.
- 'Tony Shalhoub' (qv) was the best man at Patty's wedding to 'David Hunt (I)' (qv). Tony knew David before Patty came into the picture.
- All of her children were born by Caesarian section. The damage to her body was repaired with plastic surgery.
- While at Bay High School she sang in the choir, performed in the Stage Band, and was a member of the Rockettes Drill Team with the Bay Rockets' Marching Band.
- (November 2001) Told _"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)_ (qv) she was considering adopting a child. She already has four sons (none adopted). All four of her sons appear with her in the latest Jewel commercial when she's at home going over details of a party and her sons are all watching TV and checking off items she lists.
- Graduate of Bay High School class of 1976.
- On the old _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv) television site, Heaton listed 'Gary Oldman' (qv) as her favorite actor.
- Honorary Chair of Feminists for Life - a nonsectarian, nonpartisan, grassroots organization established 30 years ago which opposes domestic violence, child abuse, infanticide, and abortion - the cause to which she was most passionately drawn.
- Went to St. Raphael's Catholic grade School, Bay Village, Ohio.