Apr. 8th, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Patricia Arquette's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
With her expressive blue eyes, soft, Southern-tinged voice and an acting range that can carry her from hysterically funny to terrifying in seconds, Patricia Arquette is one of the most underrated, talented actresses of her generation. Though she's been working for years, she's always stayed just under the radar of true stardom, despite a 1995 marriage to 'Nicolas Cage'.
Born in Chicago, though the family soon moved to a commune near Arlington, Virginia. Her parents 'Lewis Arquette' and 'Brenda Denaut' had 4 other children: Rosanna, Richmond, Alexis, and David.
Arquette ran away from home at the age of 15 to live with Rosanna and after initial insecurity, got her start in Pretty Smart (1987). A year later, she gained attention for her starring role in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987), considered by many to be the best film of the Nightmare series.
In 1989, Arquette's son, Enzo (father is 'Paul Rossi') was born. Soon after, her career took off, and she has since appeared in such critically acclaimed movies as True Romance (1993), Beyond Rangoon (1995), Ethan Frome (1993), Lost Highway (1997) and Flirting with Disaster (1996). She won a CableACE award in 1991 for her portrayal of a deaf epileptic in Wildflower (1991).
In 1997, after her mother died of breast cancer, Arquette took the lead in the fight against the disease. She's run in the annual Race for the Cure and in 1999 was the Lee National Denim Day spokesperson.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 2002.
- Sister-in-law of 'Courteney Cox' (qv).
- Was originally cast in the 'Jennifer Jason Leigh' (qv) role opposite her brother, 'Alexis Arquette' (qv), in _Last Exit to Brooklyn (1989)_ (qv) but had to drop out because of her pregnancy.
- August 2002: Became engaged to actor 'Thomas Jane' (qv).
- Married 'Thomas Jane' (qv) at the Palazzo Contarini in Venice
- Sister of 'Richmond Arquette' (qv), 'Alexis Arquette' (qv), 'David Arquette' (qv) and 'Rosanna Arquette' (qv).
- Former sister-in-law of 'James Newton Howard' (qv). He was married to her sister Rosanna.
- She has a son named Enzo (b. 1988) from her relationship with 'Paul Rossi (I)' (qv).