Dec. 3rd, 1948
Birmingham, England, UK
Ozzy Osbourne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Gnomeo and Juliet
2009 - WWE: Allied Powers - The World's Greatest Tag Teams
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2001 - Moulin Rouge!
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Private Parts
1986 - Trick or Treat
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest Appearance
Earth Troll (Voiced)
Born in Birmingham England, after leaving school and having many odd jobs he ended up in a band with Geezer Butler. This group then split leading Ozzy and Geezer to join Tony Iommi and Bill Ward (II) in a new band that went under several names (including Earth) that ended up being called Black Sabbath after a song of the same name that appeared on their first album (released 1969/70). He recorded several more albums with Sabbath despite the decline of his relationship with Tony Iommi, which after several break ups led to him leaving/being fired from the band in 1979. After a short time he launched a solo career with a line up behind him that varied immensely from album to album and tour to tour. During the 80's he was treated several times for alcoholism and was sued twice for the suicides of some of his young fans (cleared completely). Following his No More Tears album he declared he would tour for the last time. In 1991, on his last date he reformed briefly on stage with Black Sabbath for three songs. However a much talked about reformation tour fell through and Ozzy seemed to go into retirement, his bassist (Mike Inez) joined Alice in Chains and the guitarist (Zakk Wylde (I)) formed his own band, Pride and Glory. Now however he is recording a new album and has said he intends to tour again. The album should be out in the summer of 1995 and the tour should be shortly after. Geezer Butler has now quit Sabbath (again) and rejoined Ozzy (he played bass for him on tour during the mid to late 80's) and should play on the new album.
- Father of 'Kelly Osbourne' (qv), 'Jack Osbourne' (qv), and 'Aimee Osbourne' (qv) by current wife 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv); and of 'Jessica Osbourne' (qv) and 'Louis Osbourne' (qv) by first wife Thelma Reilly.
- Claims he sleeps with a bayonet under his bed.
- The cover of his 1982 live album "Speak of the Devil" was partially censored in some stores. The cover depicted a fanged Ozzy with blood (actually raspberry jelly) oozing from his mouth. The stores put a sticker over his mouth to obscure the "blood". Once Ozzy discovered this, he demanded that the sticker be removed or he would have his record company pull the album from those stores. Not wanting to lose the album sales of an Ozzy Osbourne recording, the stores adhered to Ozzy's wishes.
- Formed a band called Law after leaving 'Black Sabbath' (qv) in 1979. They played 2 gigs before he changed their name to the Blizzard of Oz.
- Uncle of 'Terry Longden' (qv).
- On December 8th, 2003 he was seriously injured while riding his ATV quad bike on the grounds of his Buckinghamshire estate in England. The accident occurred while he was taking a day off from his hectic promotional schedule surrounding the UK release of "Changes" - a duet with his daughter Kelly. He broke his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in his neck. The injuries were not considered to be life-threatening, though he has undergone some surgery.
- Ozzy has long said that "Suicide Solution", a song about the dangers of alcoholism, was written as a tribute to former 'AC/DC' (qv) vocalist 'Ronald Belford Scott' (qv) (Bon Scott) who had died an alcohol-related death in 1980. However in 2002, the writer of "Suicide Solution (Ozzy's former bassist and main lyricist, 'Bob Daisley' (qv)), revealed that the song actually alluded to Ozzy himself.
- The song title S.A.T.O. (from the Diary of a Madman album album) is actually his wife's initials (Sharon Arden Thelma Osbourne.).