Dec. 3rd, 1948
Birmingham, England, UK
Ozzy Osbourne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Birmingham England, after leaving school and having many odd jobs he ended up in a band with Geezer Butler. This group then split leading Ozzy and Geezer to join Tony Iommi and Bill Ward (II) in a new band that went under several names (including Earth) that ended up being called Black Sabbath after a song of the same name that appeared on their first album (released 1969/70). He recorded several more albums with Sabbath despite the decline of his relationship with Tony Iommi, which after several break ups led to him leaving/being fired from the band in 1979. After a short time he launched a solo career with a line up behind him that varied immensely from album to album and tour to tour. During the 80's he was treated several times for alcoholism and was sued twice for the suicides of some of his young fans (cleared completely). Following his No More Tears album he declared he would tour for the last time. In 1991, on his last date he reformed briefly on stage with Black Sabbath for three songs. However a much talked about reformation tour fell through and Ozzy seemed to go into retirement, his bassist (Mike Inez) joined Alice in Chains and the guitarist (Zakk Wylde (I)) formed his own band, Pride and Glory. Now however he is recording a new album and has said he intends to tour again. The album should be out in the summer of 1995 and the tour should be shortly after. Geezer Butler has now quit Sabbath (again) and rejoined Ozzy (he played bass for him on tour during the mid to late 80's) and should play on the new album.
- Every single one of his solo albums (of original material) has gone multi-platinum.
- Was born the 4th of 6 children to Jack and Lillian Osbourne. His brothers are Paul and Tony, and his sisters are Jean, Iris, and Gillian. His father died in 1977.
- (April 12th, 2002) Honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- His dad's death in 1977 lead to several hospitalizations due to his depression
- Daughter 'Aimee Osbourne' (qv) opted out of appearing in the MTV reality show 'The Osbournes', but his and Sharon's two other children, Kelly and Jack, agreed to take part.
- Was one of the first "shock rockers."
- Throws a bucket of water on the audience at his concerts.
- He had a vasectomy in 1986.