Dec. 3rd, 1948
Birmingham, England, UK
Ozzy Osbourne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Classic Albums: Black Sabbath - Paranoid
2010 - Lemmy
2001 - Moulin Rouge!
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Private Parts
1986 - Trick or Treat
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Birmingham England, after leaving school and having many odd jobs he ended up in a band with Geezer Butler. This group then split leading Ozzy and Geezer to join Tony Iommi and Bill Ward (II) in a new band that went under several names (including Earth) that ended up being called Black Sabbath after a song of the same name that appeared on their first album (released 1969/70). He recorded several more albums with Sabbath despite the decline of his relationship with Tony Iommi, which after several break ups led to him leaving/being fired from the band in 1979. After a short time he launched a solo career with a line up behind him that varied immensely from album to album and tour to tour. During the 80's he was treated several times for alcoholism and was sued twice for the suicides of some of his young fans (cleared completely). Following his No More Tears album he declared he would tour for the last time. In 1991, on his last date he reformed briefly on stage with Black Sabbath for three songs. However a much talked about reformation tour fell through and Ozzy seemed to go into retirement, his bassist (Mike Inez) joined Alice in Chains and the guitarist (Zakk Wylde (I)) formed his own band, Pride and Glory. Now however he is recording a new album and has said he intends to tour again. The album should be out in the summer of 1995 and the tour should be shortly after. Geezer Butler has now quit Sabbath (again) and rejoined Ozzy (he played bass for him on tour during the mid to late 80's) and should play on the new album.
- He had a vasectomy in 1986.
- On December 8th, 2003 he was seriously injured while riding his ATV quad bike on the grounds of his Buckinghamshire estate in England. The accident occurred while he was taking a day off from his hectic promotional schedule surrounding the UK release of "Changes" - a duet with his daughter Kelly. He broke his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in his neck. The injuries were not considered to be life-threatening, though he has undergone some surgery.
- As a child/teen, his family was so poor that there was no running water in their house.
- Throws a bucket of water on the audience at his concerts.
- Father of 'Kelly Osbourne' (qv), 'Jack Osbourne' (qv), and 'Aimee Osbourne' (qv) by current wife 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv); and of 'Jessica Osbourne' (qv) and 'Louis Osbourne' (qv) by first wife Thelma Reilly.
- Was born the 4th of 6 children to Jack and Lillian Osbourne. His brothers are Paul and Tony, and his sisters are Jean, Iris, and Gillian. His father died in 1977.
- In 2007, was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of Black Sabbath) and honored at the VH1 Rock Honors (as a solo artist.).
- Reunited with 'Black Sabbath' (qv) in 1985 for the _Live Aid (1985) (TV)_ (qv) festival, and again in November of 1992 for the last night of Ozzy's so-called "final" tour. After the success of this show, the idea of a new Black Sabbath record and full tour was proposed, and the contracts were written up. However, Ozzy decided at the last minute not to sign them. It wasn't until December of 1997 that all four original members reunited again, to perform and record what would become the live album "Reunion".