Dec. 3rd, 1948
Birmingham, England, UK
Ozzy Osbourne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Birmingham England, after leaving school and having many odd jobs he ended up in a band with Geezer Butler. This group then split leading Ozzy and Geezer to join Tony Iommi and Bill Ward (II) in a new band that went under several names (including Earth) that ended up being called Black Sabbath after a song of the same name that appeared on their first album (released 1969/70). He recorded several more albums with Sabbath despite the decline of his relationship with Tony Iommi, which after several break ups led to him leaving/being fired from the band in 1979. After a short time he launched a solo career with a line up behind him that varied immensely from album to album and tour to tour. During the 80's he was treated several times for alcoholism and was sued twice for the suicides of some of his young fans (cleared completely). Following his No More Tears album he declared he would tour for the last time. In 1991, on his last date he reformed briefly on stage with Black Sabbath for three songs. However a much talked about reformation tour fell through and Ozzy seemed to go into retirement, his bassist (Mike Inez) joined Alice in Chains and the guitarist (Zakk Wylde (I)) formed his own band, Pride and Glory. Now however he is recording a new album and has said he intends to tour again. The album should be out in the summer of 1995 and the tour should be shortly after. Geezer Butler has now quit Sabbath (again) and rejoined Ozzy (he played bass for him on tour during the mid to late 80's) and should play on the new album.
- His favorite band is 'The Beatles' (qv), who inspired him to become a musician when Beatlemania spread worldwide.
- Reunited with 'Black Sabbath' (qv) in 1985 for the _Live Aid (1985) (TV)_ (qv) festival, and again in November of 1992 for the last night of Ozzy's so-called "final" tour. After the success of this show, the idea of a new Black Sabbath record and full tour was proposed, and the contracts were written up. However, Ozzy decided at the last minute not to sign them. It wasn't until December of 1997 that all four original members reunited again, to perform and record what would become the live album "Reunion".
- Was one of the first "shock rockers."
- Is a Vegatarian.
- (May 2002) With wife 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv), he announced that the family had agreed to a deal with MTV, worth a reported $20 million, to do two more seasons of _"The Osbournes" (2002)_ (qv), the highest rated show in the history of the channel.
- As a child/teen, his family was so poor that there was no running water in their house.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6780 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- He had a vasectomy in 1986.