Dec. 3rd, 1948
Birmingham, England, UK
Ozzy Osbourne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Birmingham England, after leaving school and having many odd jobs he ended up in a band with Geezer Butler. This group then split leading Ozzy and Geezer to join Tony Iommi and Bill Ward (II) in a new band that went under several names (including Earth) that ended up being called Black Sabbath after a song of the same name that appeared on their first album (released 1969/70). He recorded several more albums with Sabbath despite the decline of his relationship with Tony Iommi, which after several break ups led to him leaving/being fired from the band in 1979. After a short time he launched a solo career with a line up behind him that varied immensely from album to album and tour to tour. During the 80's he was treated several times for alcoholism and was sued twice for the suicides of some of his young fans (cleared completely). Following his No More Tears album he declared he would tour for the last time. In 1991, on his last date he reformed briefly on stage with Black Sabbath for three songs. However a much talked about reformation tour fell through and Ozzy seemed to go into retirement, his bassist (Mike Inez) joined Alice in Chains and the guitarist (Zakk Wylde (I)) formed his own band, Pride and Glory. Now however he is recording a new album and has said he intends to tour again. The album should be out in the summer of 1995 and the tour should be shortly after. Geezer Butler has now quit Sabbath (again) and rejoined Ozzy (he played bass for him on tour during the mid to late 80's) and should play on the new album.
- Arrested in September 1989 after attempting to strangle wife 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv) while drunk. He awoke in jail the next day not knowing why he was there. He and Sharon reconciled in October 1990 after Ozzy endured extensive drug rehabilitation.
- Throws a bucket of water on the audience at his concerts.
- Wife 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv) is the daughter of his original manager, 'Don Arden (I)' (qv). Arden dropped Osbourne, Sharon took over as his manager, and later married him.
- His favorite band is 'The Beatles' (qv), who inspired him to become a musician when Beatlemania spread worldwide.
- Grandfather of Isabelle, whose mother is Ozzy's daughter Jessica Osbourne.
- Was present for the births of children 'Jessica Osbourne' (qv), 'Aimee Osbourne' (qv) and 'Kelly Osbourne' (qv), but not those of 'Louis Osbourne' (qv) and 'Jack Osbourne' (qv).
- Uncle of 'Terry Longden' (qv).
- The song title S.A.T.O. (from the Diary of a Madman album album) is actually his wife's initials (Sharon Arden Thelma Osbourne.).