Dec. 3rd, 1948
Birmingham, England, UK
Ozzy Osbourne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Lemmy
2010 - Classic Albums: Black Sabbath - Paranoid
2001 - Moulin Rouge!
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Private Parts
1986 - Trick or Treat
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest Appearance
Himself - Guest
Earth Troll (Voiced)
Ozzy Osbourne (Voiced)
Born in Birmingham England, after leaving school and having many odd jobs he ended up in a band with Geezer Butler. This group then split leading Ozzy and Geezer to join Tony Iommi and Bill Ward (II) in a new band that went under several names (including Earth) that ended up being called Black Sabbath after a song of the same name that appeared on their first album (released 1969/70). He recorded several more albums with Sabbath despite the decline of his relationship with Tony Iommi, which after several break ups led to him leaving/being fired from the band in 1979. After a short time he launched a solo career with a line up behind him that varied immensely from album to album and tour to tour. During the 80's he was treated several times for alcoholism and was sued twice for the suicides of some of his young fans (cleared completely). Following his No More Tears album he declared he would tour for the last time. In 1991, on his last date he reformed briefly on stage with Black Sabbath for three songs. However a much talked about reformation tour fell through and Ozzy seemed to go into retirement, his bassist (Mike Inez) joined Alice in Chains and the guitarist (Zakk Wylde (I)) formed his own band, Pride and Glory. Now however he is recording a new album and has said he intends to tour again. The album should be out in the summer of 1995 and the tour should be shortly after. Geezer Butler has now quit Sabbath (again) and rejoined Ozzy (he played bass for him on tour during the mid to late 80's) and should play on the new album.
- Wife 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv) is the daughter of his original manager, 'Don Arden (I)' (qv). Arden dropped Osbourne, Sharon took over as his manager, and later married him.
- Discovered only after he grew up that he is dyslexic, after being told for years that the reason he had trouble reading in school was because he was "dumb".
- Was born the 4th of 6 children to Jack and Lillian Osbourne. His brothers are Paul and Tony, and his sisters are Jean, Iris, and Gillian. His father died in 1977.
- His song "Suicide Solution" created controversy when a fan committed suicide. The fan's parents alleged that Ozzy was responsible and sued him. The suit was cleared completely.
- 'Black Sabbath' (qv)'s name came from a 1963 film (_I tre volti della paura (1963)_ (qv)) starring 'Boris Karloff' (qv). Sabbath's early songs reflected the same types of themes that were the centerpiece of those movies. Ozzy later named one of his solo albums "Diary of a Madman", the title (_Diary of a Madman (1963)_ (qv)) of a 1963 'Vincent Price (I)' (qv) horror film.
- Had two children from his first marriage (to Thelma Mayfair): 'Jessica Osbourne' (qv) (born 1972) and 'Louis Osbourne' (qv) (born 1975). He also adopted his first wife's son, Elliot Kingsley (born 1966), from a previous marriage. His children with second wife 'Sharon Osbourne' (qv) are 'Aimee Osbourne' (qv) (born 9-2-83), 'Kelly Osbourne' (qv) (born 10-27-84), and 'Jack Osbourne' (qv) (born 11-8-85).
- Was sued in recent years by former bandmates Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake for royalties on the Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. Ozzy retaliated by deleting their parts from the albums entirely and rerecording them with his then-current band.
- As a child/teen, his family was so poor that there was no running water in their house.