Dec. 3rd, 1948
Birmingham, England, UK
Ozzy Osbourne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Classic Albums: Black Sabbath - Paranoid
2010 - Lemmy
2001 - Moulin Rouge!
2000 - Little Nicky
1997 - Private Parts
1986 - Trick or Treat
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest Appearance
Himself - Guest
Earth Troll (Voiced)
Born in Birmingham England, after leaving school and having many odd jobs he ended up in a band with Geezer Butler. This group then split leading Ozzy and Geezer to join Tony Iommi and Bill Ward (II) in a new band that went under several names (including Earth) that ended up being called Black Sabbath after a song of the same name that appeared on their first album (released 1969/70). He recorded several more albums with Sabbath despite the decline of his relationship with Tony Iommi, which after several break ups led to him leaving/being fired from the band in 1979. After a short time he launched a solo career with a line up behind him that varied immensely from album to album and tour to tour. During the 80's he was treated several times for alcoholism and was sued twice for the suicides of some of his young fans (cleared completely). Following his No More Tears album he declared he would tour for the last time. In 1991, on his last date he reformed briefly on stage with Black Sabbath for three songs. However a much talked about reformation tour fell through and Ozzy seemed to go into retirement, his bassist (Mike Inez) joined Alice in Chains and the guitarist (Zakk Wylde (I)) formed his own band, Pride and Glory. Now however he is recording a new album and has said he intends to tour again. The album should be out in the summer of 1995 and the tour should be shortly after. Geezer Butler has now quit Sabbath (again) and rejoined Ozzy (he played bass for him on tour during the mid to late 80's) and should play on the new album.
- Ozzy has long said that "Suicide Solution", a song about the dangers of alcoholism, was written as a tribute to former 'AC/DC' (qv) vocalist 'Ronald Belford Scott' (qv) (Bon Scott) who had died an alcohol-related death in 1980. However in 2002, the writer of "Suicide Solution (Ozzy's former bassist and main lyricist, 'Bob Daisley' (qv)), revealed that the song actually alluded to Ozzy himself.
- In 2007, was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of Black Sabbath) and honored at the VH1 Rock Honors (as a solo artist.).
- Reunited with 'Black Sabbath' (qv) in 1985 for the _Live Aid (1985) (TV)_ (qv) festival, and again in November of 1992 for the last night of Ozzy's so-called "final" tour. After the success of this show, the idea of a new Black Sabbath record and full tour was proposed, and the contracts were written up. However, Ozzy decided at the last minute not to sign them. It wasn't until December of 1997 that all four original members reunited again, to perform and record what would become the live album "Reunion".
- His favorite band is 'The Beatles' (qv), who inspired him to become a musician when Beatlemania spread worldwide.
- Was the victim of a burglary at his Buckinghamshire (UK) home in November 2004. Almost £2 million worth of jewellery was stolen.
- Claims he sleeps with a bayonet under his bed.
- (April 12th, 2002) Honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Daughter 'Aimee Osbourne' (qv) opted out of appearing in the MTV reality show 'The Osbournes', but his and Sharon's two other children, Kelly and Jack, agreed to take part.