Jul. 2nd, 1978
Owain Yeoman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Owain Yeoman (born July 2, 1978, Chepstow, Wales, UK) is a Welsh actor. His credits include the American series, The Nine, Kitchen Confidential and the critically acclaimed HBO series Generation Kill. He currently appears as Agent Wayne Rigsby in The Mentalist.
Yeoman made his film debut as Lysander in the film Troy. He also had a small part in Broken Lizard's film, Beerfest, and made a guest appearance on an episode of Midsomer Murders.
He played the major villain, a T-888 model cyborg Terminator, in the pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The role was taken by Garret Dillahunt in the series of the same name.
Yeoman studied theatre at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. He holds a degree in English Literature from Brasenose College, Oxford University.
Yeoman married actress 'Lucy Davis' (December 9, 2006) at St Paul's Cathedral, London. The couple lives in Los Angeles.
He is also a vegetarian and was photographed for PETA's campaign for the Vegetarianism.
- His heroes are his wife, Lucy, because of her subtlety to acting and Edward Norton because of his ability to change roles, which Owain has said to be what acting is all about.
- He is a classically trained actor who graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London in 2003.
- Met his wife, Lucy Davis, through Patrick Baladi, a co-star in The Office with Lucy. After knowing each other for six months, Owain went to visit Davis' father, Jasper Carrott, in June 2006, to ask for his daughter's hand in marriage.
- While at Oxford University, Owain acted as the Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz" and directed "Othello" at the Oxford Playhouse.
- Although Owain was passionate about acting, he never intended it be his profession.
- His first audition was for the film Troy and he was cast as Lysander, captain of the Trojan Army.
- Son-in-law of actor/comedian 'Jasper Carrott' (qv).
- He speaks intermediate Welsh, A-level French and German.