Jul. 2nd, 1978
Owain Yeoman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Beerfest
2004 - Troy
Guest TV Roles
Sgt. Eric Kocher
Himself - Restaurant Patron
Owain Yeoman (born July 2, 1978, Chepstow, Wales, UK) is a Welsh actor. His credits include the American series, The Nine, Kitchen Confidential and the critically acclaimed HBO series Generation Kill. He currently appears as Agent Wayne Rigsby in The Mentalist.
Yeoman made his film debut as Lysander in the film Troy. He also had a small part in Broken Lizard's film, Beerfest, and made a guest appearance on an episode of Midsomer Murders.
He played the major villain, a T-888 model cyborg Terminator, in the pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The role was taken by Garret Dillahunt in the series of the same name.
Yeoman studied theatre at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. He holds a degree in English Literature from Brasenose College, Oxford University.
On 9 December 2006, he married actress Lucy Davis at St Paul's Cathedral, London. The couple lives in Los Angeles.
Owain Yeoman is also a vegetarian and was photographed for PETA's campaign for the Vegetarianism.
- Not only did Owain participate in rugby, rowing and hockey at college and university level, but he also represented Wales in Hockey.
- While at Oxford University, Owain acted as the Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz" and directed "Othello" at the Oxford Playhouse.
- Son-in-law of actor/comedian Jasper Carrott.
- Has a degree in English from Brasenose College, Oxford.
- His heroes are his wife, Lucy, because of her subtlety to acting and Edward Norton because of his ability to change roles, which Owain has said to be what acting is all about.
- Initially was going to study Accounting at Harvard University but then decided to go into acting after a change of heart.
- Applied to the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff during his early 20s but was not accepted.
- Philip Winchester was initially cast as the lead role in "Commando Nanny" (a show that was produced but did not air) however, he broke his foot after filming the pilot episode and Owain Yeoman replaced him.