Jul. 2nd, 1978
Owain Yeoman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Owain Yeoman (born July 2, 1978, Chepstow, Wales, UK) is a Welsh actor. His credits include the American series, The Nine, Kitchen Confidential and the critically acclaimed HBO series Generation Kill. He currently appears as Agent Wayne Rigsby in The Mentalist.
Yeoman made his film debut as Lysander in the film Troy. He also had a small part in Broken Lizard's film, Beerfest, and made a guest appearance on an episode of Midsomer Murders.
He played the major villain, a T-888 model cyborg Terminator, in the pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The role was taken by Garret Dillahunt in the series of the same name.
Yeoman studied theatre at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. He holds a degree in English Literature from Brasenose College, Oxford University.
Yeoman married actress 'Lucy Davis' (December 9, 2006) at St Paul's Cathedral, London. The couple lives in Los Angeles.
He is also a vegetarian and was photographed for PETA's campaign for the Vegetarianism.
- His heroes are his wife, Lucy, because of her subtlety to acting and Edward Norton because of his ability to change roles, which Owain has said to be what acting is all about.
- Initially was going to study Accounting at Harvard University but then decided to go into acting after a change of heart.
- His father, Mike Yeoman, is a nuclear physicist. His mother is Hilary Yeoman.
- Winner of the Henry Marshall Shield for Best Scene at the 2001 RADA Prize Fights.
- He graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London.
- He is a classically trained actor who graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London in 2003.
- His first audition was for Warner Bros.' epic film _Troy (2004)_ (qv) after which 'Wolfgang Petersen (I)' (qv) immediately cast him as "Lysander," the captain of the Trojan Army.
- Married 'The Office' actress 'Lucy Davis' on the 9th December 2006 at St. Paul's Cathedral. Normally reserved for royal weddings (Prince Charles and Princess Diana were wed there) Davis and Yeoman were permitted to marry there as Davis' father, comedian Jasper Carrott, was awarded an OBE in the New Year's Honours in 2002.