Jul. 2nd, 1978
Owain Yeoman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Beerfest
2004 - Troy
Guest TV Roles
Sgt. Eric Kocher
Himself - Restaurant Patron
Owain Yeoman (born July 2, 1978, Chepstow, Wales, UK) is a Welsh actor. His credits include the American series, The Nine, Kitchen Confidential and the critically acclaimed HBO series Generation Kill. He currently appears as Agent Wayne Rigsby in The Mentalist.
Yeoman made his film debut as Lysander in the film Troy. He also had a small part in Broken Lizard's film, Beerfest, and made a guest appearance on an episode of Midsomer Murders.
He played the major villain, a T-888 model cyborg Terminator, in the pilot episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The role was taken by Garret Dillahunt in the series of the same name.
Yeoman studied theatre at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. He holds a degree in English Literature from Brasenose College, Oxford University.
On 9 December 2006, he married actress Lucy Davis at St Paul's Cathedral, London. The couple lives in Los Angeles.
Owain Yeoman is also a vegetarian and was photographed for PETA's campaign for the Vegetarianism.
- While at Oxford University, Owain acted as the Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz" and directed "Othello" at the Oxford Playhouse.
- He speaks intermediate Welsh, A-level French and German.
- Attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London with Jonas Armstrong, better known as Robin Hood in the 2006 series airing on the BBC.
- Married 'The Office' actress 'Lucy Davis' on the 9th December 2006 at St. Paul's Cathedral. Normally reserved for royal weddings (Prince Charles and Princess Diana were wed there) Davis and Yeoman were permitted to marry there as Davis' father, comedian Jasper Carrott, was awarded an OBE in the New Year's Honours in 2002.
- Son-in-law of actor/comedian 'Jasper Carrott' (qv).
- Although Owain was passionate about acting, he never intended it be his profession.
- He graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London.
- Philip Winchester was initially cast as the lead role in "Commando Nanny" (a show that was produced but did not air) however, he broke his foot after filming the pilot episode and Owain Yeoman replaced him.