Mar. 10th, 1984
New York City, New York, USA
Olivia Wilde's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Next Three Days
2009 - Year One
2007 - The Death and Life of Bobby Z
2006 - Alpha Dog
2006 - Turistas
2005 - Conversations with Other Women
2004 - The Girl Next Door
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Olivia Wilde was Olivia Jane Cockburn (born March 10, 1984) is American actress.
Born in New York City but was raised in Washington, D.C. Wilde is a graduate of Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass., and attended Gaiety School of Acting in Ireland.
She made her film debut in the movie The Girl Next Door, but she is most famous for her role as Alex Kelly on the hit Fox series The O.C and the hit series House.
Wilde has dual citizenship in the United States and Ireland. She derived her stage name "Wilde" from Irish author Oscar Wilde. She changed her surname while in high school, to honor the writers in her family, many of whom used pen names. She is a vegan, and was voted PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity of 2010.
On the big screen, Wilde appeared in TRON: Legacy, Cowboys & Aliens and Chane-Up, just to name a few. Following her four-year cast on the hit series House.
Wilde married Tao Ruspoli, an Italian filmmaker and musician, whose family owns a famed palazzo in Italy, in Washington, Virginia, on a school bus with only a pair of witnesses, when she was nineteen years old. She later said the marriage occurred in an abandoned school bus because it was the only place where they could be completely alone, as the marriage was a secret at the time. On February 8, 2011, she and her husband announced that they were separating. Wilde filed for divorce in Los Angeles County Superior Court, citing "irreconcilable differences". The divorce was finalized Wilde did not seek spousal support, and the pair reached a private agreement on property division.
Wilde began dating actor Jason Sudeikis, and they became engaged (January 2013). In October 2013, it was announced that the couple is expecting their first child. Wilde revealed in January 2014 that her due date is May 4 and that she and Sudeikis are expecting a boy.
- Attended Georgetown Day School in Washington, DC, through 8th grade.
- Has a dog named Paco who, as of July 26, 2006, is the new mascot for Old Navy.
- 2005: Named #61 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100.
- Raised in Washington, DC.
- Best friends with 'Patrick Fugit' (qv) and 'Megalyn Echikunwoke' (qv).
- Graduated from Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts.
- Daughter of 'Andrew Cockburn (I)' (qv) and 'Leslie Cockburn (I)' (qv).
- Eloped with her husband, who is an Italian prince, when she was 18. They married in his family's castle in Vignanello, Italy.