Jan. 12th, 1960
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6' 3 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
White House Counsel Oliver Babish
Dr. Daniel Charles
Dr. Daniel Charles
The son of a career diplomat, he spent his childhood in Washington DC, Asia, and the middle east. Oliver graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Drama in 1983 from Tufts University. He then trained at Shakespeare & Co. with Kristine Linklater.
- His great-great-grandmother Frances Ellen Work's fortune was based on a maternal pork-packing fortune created in Chillicothe, Ohio, and a paternal dry good and finance fortune created in New York City. Her father Frank's fortune was estimated at $15 million, and he served as stockbroker to Commodore Vanderbilt.
- He is also the paternal grandson of American architect Geoffrey Platt (by whom he has remote Dutch American ancestry) and wife Helen Choate.
- 'David E. Kelley (I)' (qv) originally wanted him to play the role of Bobby Donnell on the TV show _"The Practice" (1997)_ (qv).
- He is the son of Nicholas Platt (born October 3, 1936, New York, NY), a career American diplomat, and wife Sheila Maynard.
- In the 1950s, his great-grandmother Cynthia Burke Roche resided at the famous Elm Court mansion in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Has an older brother, Adam Platt and a younger brother, Nicholas Platt Jr.
- Since Diana Spencer was the great-granddaughter of the 3rd Baron Fermoy and Platt was his great-great-grandson, this makes him a second-cousin, once-removed, of 'Princess Diana' (qv), Princess of Wales. By extension, he is the third cousin of 'Prince William Windsor' (qv).
- High school graduate from the Colorado Rocky Mountain School in Carbondale, Colorado (near Aspen). The school's main curriculum is based on the "Outward Bound" education program, which teaches wilderness survival and expedition courses.