Jan. 12th, 1960
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6' 3 1/2"
Oliver Platt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The son of a career diplomat, he spent his childhood in Washington DC, Asia, and the middle east. Oliver graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Drama in 1983 from Tufts University. He then trained at Shakespeare & Co. with Kristine Linklater.
- Brother of Adam Platt, New York Magazine restaurant critic.
- 'David E. Kelley (I)' (qv) originally wanted him to play the role of Bobby Donnell on the TV show _"The Practice" (1997)_ (qv).
- His father, Nicholas Platt, is an ex ambassador to Pakistan, Zambia, & the Phillipines.
- In the 1950s, his great-grandmother Cynthia Burke Roche resided at the famous Elm Court mansion in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Has an older brother, Adam Platt and a younger brother, Nicholas Platt Jr.
- He is the son of Nicholas Platt (born October 3, 1936, New York, NY), a career American diplomat, and wife Sheila Maynard.
- Attended Tufts University.
- Was friends with "Huff" co-star Hank Azaria at Tufts University.