Jan. 12th, 1960
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6' 3 1/2"
Oliver Platt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The son of a career diplomat, he spent his childhood in Washington DC, Asia, and the middle east. Oliver graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Drama in 1983 from Tufts University. He then trained at Shakespeare & Co. with Kristine Linklater.
- In the 1950s, his great-grandmother Cynthia Burke Roche resided at the famous Elm Court mansion in Newport, Rhode Island.
- 'David E. Kelley (I)' (qv) originally wanted him to play the role of Bobby Donnell on the TV show _"The Practice" (1997)_ (qv).
- Since Diana Spencer was the great-granddaughter of the 3rd Baron Fermoy and Platt was his great-great-grandson, this makes him a second-cousin, once-removed, of 'Princess Diana' (qv), Princess of Wales. By extension, he is the third cousin of 'Prince William Windsor' (qv).
- Three children: Lily (b. 1995), George (b. 1997), and Claire (b. 1999).
- Was friends with "Huff" co-star Hank Azaria at Tufts University.
- He is also the paternal grandson of American architect Geoffrey Platt (by whom he has remote Dutch American ancestry) and wife Helen Choate.
- Brother of Adam Platt, New York Magazine restaurant critic.
- Attended Tufts University.