Jan. 12th, 1960
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6' 3 1/2"
Oliver Platt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The son of a career diplomat, he spent his childhood in Washington DC, Asia, and the middle east. Oliver graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Drama in 1983 from Tufts University. He then trained at Shakespeare & Co. with Kristine Linklater.
- His great-great-grandmother Frances Ellen Work's fortune was based on a maternal pork-packing fortune created in Chillicothe, Ohio, and a paternal dry good and finance fortune created in New York City. Her father Frank's fortune was estimated at $15 million, and he served as stockbroker to Commodore Vanderbilt.
- Brother of Adam Platt, New York Magazine restaurant critic.
- Attended Tufts University.
- 'David E. Kelley (I)' (qv) originally wanted him to play the role of Bobby Donnell on the TV show _"The Practice" (1997)_ (qv).
- High school graduate from the Colorado Rocky Mountain School in Carbondale, Colorado (near Aspen). The school's main curriculum is based on the "Outward Bound" education program, which teaches wilderness survival and expedition courses.
- Has an older brother, Adam Platt and a younger brother, Nicholas Platt Jr.
- Three children: Lily (b. 1995), George (b. 1997), and Claire (b. 1999).
- Since Diana Spencer was the great-granddaughter of the 3rd Baron Fermoy and Platt was his great-great-grandson, this makes him a second-cousin, once-removed, of 'Princess Diana' (qv), Princess of Wales. By extension, he is the third cousin of 'Prince William Windsor' (qv).