Jan. 12th, 1960
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6' 3 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
White House Counsel Oliver Babish
Dr. Daniel Charles
Dr. Daniel Charles
The son of a career diplomat, he spent his childhood in Washington DC, Asia, and the middle east. Oliver graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Drama in 1983 from Tufts University. He then trained at Shakespeare & Co. with Kristine Linklater.
- His great-great-grandmother Frances Ellen Work's fortune was based on a maternal pork-packing fortune created in Chillicothe, Ohio, and a paternal dry good and finance fortune created in New York City. Her father Frank's fortune was estimated at $15 million, and he served as stockbroker to Commodore Vanderbilt.
- He is also the paternal grandson of American architect Geoffrey Platt (by whom he has remote Dutch American ancestry) and wife Helen Choate.
- In the 1950s, his great-grandmother Cynthia Burke Roche resided at the famous Elm Court mansion in Newport, Rhode Island.
- Was a Boston Red Sox fan, but is now a New York Mets fan because his son likes the team.
- Has an older brother, Adam Platt and a younger brother, Nicholas Platt Jr.
- His mother, Sheila Maynard, was the daughter of Eileen Burden Maynard Robins (October 15, 1910 - March 24, 1970) and a granddaughter of the Hon. Cynthia Burke-Roche (October 4, 1884 - August 12, 1966), who married (1) Arthur Scott Burden (August 11, 1879 - June 15, 1921) in 1906, and (2) Guy Fairfax Cary Sr. (November 14, 1879 - August 27, 1950) in 1922. Cynthia was the sister of Edmund Maurice Burke-Roche, 4th Baron Fermoy in the Peerage of Ireland (of Irish and English extraction and son of the American heiress Frances Ellen Work), who was the maternal grandfather of Diana, Princess of Wales.
- Three children: Lily (b. 1995), George (b. 1997), and Claire (b. 1999).
- He is the son of Nicholas Platt (born October 3, 1936, New York, NY), a career American diplomat, and wife Sheila Maynard.