Jan. 12th, 1960
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6' 3 1/2"
Oliver Platt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The son of a career diplomat, he spent his childhood in Washington DC, Asia, and the middle east. Oliver graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Drama in 1983 from Tufts University. He then trained at Shakespeare & Co. with Kristine Linklater.
- Since Diana Spencer was the great-granddaughter of the 3rd Baron Fermoy and Platt was his great-great-grandson, this makes him a second-cousin, once-removed, of 'Princess Diana' (qv), Princess of Wales. By extension, he is the third cousin of 'Prince William Windsor' (qv).
- Brother of Adam Platt, New York Magazine restaurant critic.
- His mother, Sheila Maynard, was the daughter of Eileen Burden Maynard Robins (October 15, 1910 - March 24, 1970) and a granddaughter of the Hon. Cynthia Burke-Roche (October 4, 1884 - August 12, 1966), who married (1) Arthur Scott Burden (August 11, 1879 - June 15, 1921) in 1906, and (2) Guy Fairfax Cary Sr. (November 14, 1879 - August 27, 1950) in 1922. Cynthia was the sister of Edmund Maurice Burke-Roche, 4th Baron Fermoy in the Peerage of Ireland (of Irish and English extraction and son of the American heiress Frances Ellen Work), who was the maternal grandfather of Diana, Princess of Wales.
- Was friends with "Huff" co-star Hank Azaria at Tufts University.
- 'David E. Kelley (I)' (qv) originally wanted him to play the role of Bobby Donnell on the TV show _"The Practice" (1997)_ (qv).
- His father, Nicholas Platt, is an ex ambassador to Pakistan, Zambia, & the Phillipines.
- High school graduate from the Colorado Rocky Mountain School in Carbondale, Colorado (near Aspen). The school's main curriculum is based on the "Outward Bound" education program, which teaches wilderness survival and expedition courses.
- He is also the paternal grandson of American architect Geoffrey Platt (by whom he has remote Dutch American ancestry) and wife Helen Choate.