Jan. 12th, 1960
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6' 3 1/2"
Oliver Platt's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
The son of a career diplomat, he spent his childhood in Washington DC, Asia, and the middle east. Oliver graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Drama in 1983 from Tufts University. He then trained at Shakespeare & Co. with Kristine Linklater.
- Attended Tufts University.
- Three children: Lily (b. 1995), George (b. 1997), and Claire (b. 1999).
- Was friends with "Huff" co-star Hank Azaria at Tufts University.
- Has an older brother, Adam Platt and a younger brother, Nicholas Platt Jr.
- His great-great-grandmother Frances Ellen Work's fortune was based on a maternal pork-packing fortune created in Chillicothe, Ohio, and a paternal dry good and finance fortune created in New York City. Her father Frank's fortune was estimated at $15 million, and he served as stockbroker to Commodore Vanderbilt.
- He is the son of Nicholas Platt (born October 3, 1936, New York, NY), a career American diplomat, and wife Sheila Maynard.
- Since Diana Spencer was the great-granddaughter of the 3rd Baron Fermoy and Platt was his great-great-grandson, this makes him a second-cousin, once-removed, of 'Princess Diana' (qv), Princess of Wales. By extension, he is the third cousin of 'Prince William Windsor' (qv).
- Was a Boston Red Sox fan, but is now a New York Mets fan because his son likes the team.