Oct. 17th, 1963
Québec City, Québec, Canada
Norm MacDonald's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Grown Ups
2009 - Funny People
2007 - Christmas Is Here Again
2005 - Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
2001 - Dr. Dolittle 2
2001 - The Animal
2000 - Screwed
1999 - Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
1999 - Man on the Moon
1998 - Dirty Work
1998 - Dr. Dolittle
1996 - The People vs. Larry Flynt
1995 - Billy Madison
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Comedian (segment "Dog Nut")
Norm MacDonald was born on October 17, 1963, in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. He began his career in stand-up comedy. MacDonald's first job was writing for "The Dennis Miller Show" (1992) and then "Roseanne" (1988). While writing for "Roseanne" (1988), he was noticed by Lorne Michaels, who liked Norm's stand up, and gave him his job on "Saturday Night Live" (1975). MacDonald became widely popular when he became the Weekend Update anchor with his trademark line "Now the fake news." He lasted from September 24, 1994, to December 13, 1997, when he was fired by Don Ohlmeyer, president of NBC on the west coast. Norm's last weekend update was December 13, 1997, and he left the show in March 1998. His movie, Dirty Work (1998), which he began working on in the summer of '97, came out 2 months later. In March 1999, his show, called "The Norm Show" (1999), came out on ABC and had a 3-season run. During the time, he starred in the movie Screwed (2000), opposite Dave Chappelle.
- Although he is not a U.S. citizen, he has publicly stated his support for Republican politicians 'George W. Bush' (qv) and 'John McCain (I)' (qv) and has said that he considers 'Ronald Reagan (I)' (qv) to be the best President in U.S. history.
- Celebrity impersonations include 'Burt Reynolds (I)' (qv), 'Bob Dole (I)' (qv), 'Quentin Tarantino' (qv), 'David Letterman' (qv), and 'Larry King (I)' (qv).
- Is good friends with 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv).
- Father of Dylan.
- 'Chevy Chase' (qv) has stated that since he left _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), the only person who he believes has done Weekend Update "right" is Norm Macdonald.
- Dropped out of high school when he was 15.
- Middle child of three boys; younger brother Leslie and older brother Neil. Neil is a broadcaster for the Canadian Broadcast Corporation.
- Despite being fired from _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), he was asked to host the show a year later.