Jun. 4th, 1971
Hollywood, California, USA
Noah Wyle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Tab Hunter Confidential
2013 - Queen of the Lot
2008 - W.
2002 - White Oleander
2002 - Enough
2001 - Scenes of the Crime
2001 - Donnie Darko
1993 - Swing Kids
1992 - A Few Good Men
1985 - Lust in the Dust
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Dr. Jeffrey Rosen
Martin the News Vendor (Voiced)
Himself - Guest
Davis G. Green
Noah Strausser Speer Wyle (born June 4, 1971) is an American film, television and theatre actor. He is best known for his roles as Dr. John Carter in ER and as Tom Mason in Falling Skies.
Born in Hollywood, California, as one of six children of the son of Marjorie (née Speer), a registered orthopedic head nurse, and Stephen Wyle, an electrical engineer and entrepreneur.
Wyle was educated at The Thacher School in Ojai, California, and graduated with the class of 1989. He participated in a theater arts program at Northwestern University during high school and appeared in high school plays, even winning an award for a play he wrote. After graduation he studied with acting teacher 'Larry Moss' while living in a small apartment on Hollywood Boulevard.
Wyle was first seen in the Paul Bartel film Lust in the Dust (a western exploitation/parody which starred Tab Hunter, Lainie Kazan and Divine) as an extra in the local gang running the small town of Chile' Verde.
His later parts were a mini-series and featuring in the movie Crooked Hearts (1991) in 1990. In 1993 he worked in another feature, There Goes My Baby. After appearing in several local plays in Los Angeles, he was cast in the box-office hit A Few Good Men, in which he played a Marine jeep driver who testified in court. He also appeared in the feature Swing Kids as Emil Lutz, a leader in the Hitler Youth, and in the independent movie The Myth of Fingerprints with 'Roy Scheider', 'Blythe Danner' and 'Julianne Moore'. Additionally, he starred as Lancelot opposite 'Sheryl Lee' in the Television movie Guinevere. Recently, Wyle starred in the original film, The Librarian: Quest for the Spear with 'Sonya Walger' and in its sequel The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's Mines opposite 'Gabrielle Anwar' and in the third part of the series The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice alongside 'Stana Katic'.
His other work has included a critically acclaimed turn as Steve Jobs in the Emmy nominated Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999). Steve Jobs was so impressed with the performance that he invited Wyle to step on stage as him at the opening of his annual speech at the Apple convention, a ruse which worked for several minutes and pleased attendees. He has also appeared in several feature films including: White Oleander opposite 'Renée Zellweger', Enough opposite 'Jennifer Lopez', the independent feature Donnie Darko, as the President's interpreter in the 2000 live-television production of Fail Safe, and in the independent film, The Californians.
He was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People magazine in 2001.
Wyle has a son, Owen Strausser Speer Wyle (b. November 9, 2002), and a daughter, Auden Wyle (b. October 15, 2005), with make-up artist Tracy Warbin. Wyle and Warbin were divorced in (2010).
Wyle is engaged to Sara Wells. The couple met in 2011 during a production at The Blank Theatre Company. They plan to marry later this year.
- (March 1999) Announced his engagement to makeup artist 'Tracy Warbin' (qv)
- His least favorite scene on _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) was mouth-to-mouth resuscitation of a dog; his alltime favorite the Emmy-nominated scene where he stood in a dark room reading to legendary actor and acting coach 'Sanford Meisner' (qv).
- Godson of 'Kathryn Grody' (qv).
- November 9, 2002: his wife 'Tracy Warbin' (qv) gave birth to son Owen Strausser Wyle in a Los Angeles area hospital.
- Last name is pronounced "why-lee".
- (July 1999): Went on stage and gave a speech at MacWorld computer trade show posing as Apple Computer interim chief 'Steve Jobs' (qv). Jobs invited Wyle for this joke after seeing him in _Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)_ (qv).
- Collects baseball cards, antiques and any bric-a-brac pertaining to the Biblical Noah's Ark.
- His wife, 'Tracy Warbin' (qv), gave birth to a girl, Auden Wyle, in Los Angeles, weighing in at 7lb. 7oz. on October 15, 2005.