Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Nick Nolte's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Nolte's father, Franklin A. Nolte, was an All-American candidate at Iowa State in 1934. He served in the Pacific Theater in World War II, with the elite US Marine Raiders. When he was discharged, he went home to his family, but according to Nick Nolte, he was a different man and didn't speak often. Nolte consulted his father while preparing for _Who'll Stop the Rain (1978)_ (qv) where he played a Vietnam veteran.
- There is a long-standing misconception that Dr. 'Charles Nolte' (qv), professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota Department of Theatre Arts and Dance, is Nick Nolte's father.
- Nolte was a heavy drinker until 1990. When 'Katharine Hepburn' (qv) accused him of falling down drunk in every gutter in town, he replied: "I've got a few to go yet."
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- Attended Kingsley Elementary School in Waterloo, Iowa
- 12 December 2002 he pleaded no contest to charges of driving under the influence. He was given three years' probation with orders to undergo alcohol and drug counselling with random testing required.
- Born at 7:00pm-CST.
- His career started in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the 'Eleanor Moore' (qv) Agency as a model for print ads.