Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.
- Attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Visited Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia, 8/2006)
- He eagerly pursued the role of Cpt. Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). When 'Harvey Keitel' (qv) was fired, Nolte thought he had the part, but Coppola gave it to 'Martin Sheen' (qv).
- Nolte gained 50 pounds for his role in _Q & A (1990)_ (qv).
- Nolte was a heavy drinker until 1990. When 'Katharine Hepburn' (qv) accused him of falling down drunk in every gutter in town, he replied: "I've got a few to go yet."
- (2009) Has shot films in over 14 countries.
- He, along with 'Christopher Walken' (qv), were both considered for the role of Han Solo in _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv).