Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Nick Nolte's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in _Superman (1978)_ (qv).
- Good friend of 'Jeff Bridges (I)' (qv), 'Gary Busey' (qv) and 'Don Johnson (I)' (qv).
- (2009) Has shot films in over 14 countries.
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.
- Born at 7:00pm-CST.
- He eagerly pursued the role of Cpt. Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). When 'Harvey Keitel' (qv) was fired, Nolte thought he had the part, but Coppola gave it to 'Martin Sheen' (qv).
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- His career started in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the 'Eleanor Moore' (qv) Agency as a model for print ads.