Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Was supposed to host _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) back in 1982 as part of the promotional tour for _48 Hrs. (1982)_ (qv), which was the film debut of then _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) star 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv), but fell ill at the last minute and had to drop out, so Murphy hosted in his place.
- (1992) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
- Considered for the role of John Rambo in _First Blood (1982)_ (qv).
- Attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Attended Kingsley Elementary School in Waterloo, Iowa
- Visited Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia, 8/2006)
- 12 December 2002 he pleaded no contest to charges of driving under the influence. He was given three years' probation with orders to undergo alcohol and drug counselling with random testing required.
- His father, Frank Nolte, was an irrigation pump salesman. His father was also an All-American candidate at Iowa State in 1934. His mother, Helen Nolte, was a department store buyer. He has an older sister, Nancy, who is the executive for Red Cross.