Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Considered for the lead in _The Thing (1982)_ (qv).
- Born at 7:00pm-CST.
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- 12 December 2002 he pleaded no contest to charges of driving under the influence. He was given three years' probation with orders to undergo alcohol and drug counselling with random testing required.
- Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in _Superman (1978)_ (qv).
- Visited Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia, 8/2006)
- In 1962, Nolte was given five years probation for selling fake draft cards.