Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Father of 'Brawley Nolte' (qv).
- (2009) Has shot films in over 14 countries.
- (1992) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
- His father, Frank Nolte, was an irrigation pump salesman. His father was also an All-American candidate at Iowa State in 1934. His mother, Helen Nolte, was a department store buyer. He has an older sister, Nancy, who is the executive for Red Cross.
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- Is of German, Swedish, Irish and Italian descent.
- Director 'Keith Gordon (I)' (qv) took a one-day role in _I Love Trouble (1994)_ (qv) to personally ask Nick Nolte to read the script for _Mother Night (1996)_ (qv), after being initially dismissed by Nolte's agent.
- In 1962, Nolte was given five years probation for selling fake draft cards.