Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- (2009) Has shot films in over 14 countries.
- There is a long-standing misconception that Dr. 'Charles Nolte' (qv), professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota Department of Theatre Arts and Dance, is Nick Nolte's father.
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- Was cast in _Pride and Glory (2008)_ (qv), but just before shooting began, an old knee injury flared up from his footballing days and he had to drop out.
- In September 2002, he checked himself into Silver Hill Hospital in Connecticut for counselling after he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in Malibu, CA a few days earlier. Tests later showed that he was under the influence of GHB, the "date rape" drug.
- Director 'Keith Gordon (I)' (qv) took a one-day role in _I Love Trouble (1994)_ (qv) to personally ask Nick Nolte to read the script for _Mother Night (1996)_ (qv), after being initially dismissed by Nolte's agent.
- Visited Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia, 8/2006)
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.