Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.
- Father of 'Brawley Nolte' (qv).
- His father, Frank Nolte, was an irrigation pump salesman. His father was also an All-American candidate at Iowa State in 1934. His mother, Helen Nolte, was a department store buyer. He has an older sister, Nancy, who is the executive for Red Cross.
- In 1978 Karen Ecklund, his girlfriend of 5 years, sued him for community property and support.
- Was supposed to host _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) back in 1982 as part of the promotional tour for _48 Hrs. (1982)_ (qv), which was the film debut of then _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) star 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv), but fell ill at the last minute and had to drop out, so Murphy hosted in his place.
- (1992) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
- Nolte gained 50 pounds for his role in _Q & A (1990)_ (qv).
- Turned down the role of Indiana Jones in _Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)_ (qv).