Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Nick Nolte's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Nolte gained 50 pounds for his role in _Q & A (1990)_ (qv).
- Turned down the role of Indiana Jones in _Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)_ (qv).
- (1992) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
- Is of German, Swedish, Irish and Italian descent.
- Was supposed to host _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) back in 1982 as part of the promotional tour for _48 Hrs. (1982)_ (qv), which was the film debut of then _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) star 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv), but fell ill at the last minute and had to drop out, so Murphy hosted in his place.
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- Director 'Keith Gordon (I)' (qv) took a one-day role in _I Love Trouble (1994)_ (qv) to personally ask Nick Nolte to read the script for _Mother Night (1996)_ (qv), after being initially dismissed by Nolte's agent.
- He, along with 'Christopher Walken' (qv), were both considered for the role of Han Solo in _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv).