Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- In 1978 Karen Ecklund, his girlfriend of 5 years, sued him for community property and support.
- He eagerly pursued the role of Cpt. Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). When 'Harvey Keitel' (qv) was fired, Nolte thought he had the part, but Coppola gave it to 'Martin Sheen' (qv).
- Considered for the lead in _The Thing (1982)_ (qv).
- In 1962, Nolte was given five years probation for selling fake draft cards.
- #1 of VH1's "40 Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots" - had a Hawaiin shirt and a bed-head.
- (2009) Has shot films in over 14 countries.
- Considered for the role of John Rambo in _First Blood (1982)_ (qv).
- 12 December 2002 he pleaded no contest to charges of driving under the influence. He was given three years' probation with orders to undergo alcohol and drug counselling with random testing required.