Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Director 'Keith Gordon (I)' (qv) took a one-day role in _I Love Trouble (1994)_ (qv) to personally ask Nick Nolte to read the script for _Mother Night (1996)_ (qv), after being initially dismissed by Nolte's agent.
- He eagerly pursued the role of Cpt. Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). When 'Harvey Keitel' (qv) was fired, Nolte thought he had the part, but Coppola gave it to 'Martin Sheen' (qv).
- Lives in Malibu, California.
- Considered for the lead in _The Thing (1982)_ (qv).
- Good friend of 'Jeff Bridges (I)' (qv), 'Gary Busey' (qv) and 'Don Johnson (I)' (qv).
- Attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in _Superman (1978)_ (qv).
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.