Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- He eagerly pursued the role of Cpt. Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). When 'Harvey Keitel' (qv) was fired, Nolte thought he had the part, but Coppola gave it to 'Martin Sheen' (qv).
- Turned down the role of Indiana Jones in _Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)_ (qv).
- Good friend of 'Jeff Bridges (I)' (qv), 'Gary Busey' (qv) and 'Don Johnson (I)' (qv).
- Attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
- In 1962, Nolte was given five years probation for selling fake draft cards.
- Father of 'Brawley Nolte' (qv).
- Considered for the role of John Rambo in _First Blood (1982)_ (qv).
- His career started in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the 'Eleanor Moore' (qv) Agency as a model for print ads.