Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- In 1962, Nolte was given five years probation for selling fake draft cards.
- Attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Considered for the role of John Rambo in _First Blood (1982)_ (qv).
- Nolte was a heavy drinker until 1990. When 'Katharine Hepburn' (qv) accused him of falling down drunk in every gutter in town, he replied: "I've got a few to go yet."
- Attended Kingsley Elementary School in Waterloo, Iowa
- Was cast in _Pride and Glory (2008)_ (qv), but just before shooting began, an old knee injury flared up from his footballing days and he had to drop out.
- He eagerly pursued the role of Cpt. Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). When 'Harvey Keitel' (qv) was fired, Nolte thought he had the part, but Coppola gave it to 'Martin Sheen' (qv).
- (1992) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.