Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Nick Nolte's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.
- He eagerly pursued the role of Cpt. Willard in _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv). When 'Harvey Keitel' (qv) was fired, Nolte thought he had the part, but Coppola gave it to 'Martin Sheen' (qv).
- In 1978 Karen Ecklund, his girlfriend of 5 years, sued him for community property and support.
- His career started in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the 'Eleanor Moore' (qv) Agency as a model for print ads.
- Nolte gained 50 pounds for his role in _Q & A (1990)_ (qv).
- Visited Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia, 8/2006)
- Considered for the role of John Rambo in _First Blood (1982)_ (qv).
- Is of German, Swedish, Irish and Italian descent.