Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Nick Nolte's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in _Superman (1978)_ (qv).
- In 1962, Nolte was given five years probation for selling fake draft cards.
- Considered for the role of John Rambo in _First Blood (1982)_ (qv).
- Good friend of 'Jeff Bridges (I)' (qv), 'Gary Busey' (qv) and 'Don Johnson (I)' (qv).
- Nolte's father, Franklin A. Nolte, was an All-American candidate at Iowa State in 1934. He served in the Pacific Theater in World War II, with the elite US Marine Raiders. When he was discharged, he went home to his family, but according to Nick Nolte, he was a different man and didn't speak often. Nolte consulted his father while preparing for _Who'll Stop the Rain (1978)_ (qv) where he played a Vietnam veteran.
- Nolte gained 50 pounds for his role in _Q & A (1990)_ (qv).
- #1 of VH1's "40 Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots" - had a Hawaiin shirt and a bed-head.