Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- #1 of VH1's "40 Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots" - had a Hawaiin shirt and a bed-head.
- Attended Kingsley Elementary School in Waterloo, Iowa
- In 1978 Karen Ecklund, his girlfriend of 5 years, sued him for community property and support.
- Considered for the lead in _The Thing (1982)_ (qv).
- In September 2002, he checked himself into Silver Hill Hospital in Connecticut for counselling after he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in Malibu, CA a few days earlier. Tests later showed that he was under the influence of GHB, the "date rape" drug.
- Lives in Malibu, California.
- Attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
- In 1962, Nolte was given five years probation for selling fake draft cards.