Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Nick Nolte's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in _Superman (1978)_ (qv).
- (2009) Has shot films in over 14 countries.
- In 1962, Nolte was given five years probation for selling fake draft cards.
- Was cast in _Pride and Glory (2008)_ (qv), but just before shooting began, an old knee injury flared up from his footballing days and he had to drop out.
- (1992) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
- Was supposed to host _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) back in 1982 as part of the promotional tour for _48 Hrs. (1982)_ (qv), which was the film debut of then _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) star 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv), but fell ill at the last minute and had to drop out, so Murphy hosted in his place.
- Considered for the role of John Rambo in _First Blood (1982)_ (qv).
- #1 of VH1's "40 Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots" - had a Hawaiin shirt and a bed-head.