Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- Nolte's father, Franklin A. Nolte, was an All-American candidate at Iowa State in 1934. He served in the Pacific Theater in World War II, with the elite US Marine Raiders. When he was discharged, he went home to his family, but according to Nick Nolte, he was a different man and didn't speak often. Nolte consulted his father while preparing for _Who'll Stop the Rain (1978)_ (qv) where he played a Vietnam veteran.
- (1992) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
- He, along with 'Christopher Walken' (qv), were both considered for the role of Han Solo in _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv).
- Turned down the role of Indiana Jones in _Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)_ (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Superman/Clark Kent in _Superman (1978)_ (qv).
- Attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Nolte was a heavy drinker until 1990. When 'Katharine Hepburn' (qv) accused him of falling down drunk in every gutter in town, he replied: "I've got a few to go yet."