Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Nick Nolte's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- (1992) Chosen as People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive.
- Turned down the role of Indiana Jones in _Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)_ (qv).
- He, along with 'Christopher Walken' (qv), were both considered for the role of Han Solo in _Star Wars (1977)_ (qv).
- Attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Was considered for the role of Rick Deckard in Blade Runner (1982), one of three roles that ultimately went to Harrison Ford.
- There is a long-standing misconception that Dr. 'Charles Nolte' (qv), professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota Department of Theatre Arts and Dance, is Nick Nolte's father.
- Born at 7:00pm-CST.
- Considered for the role of John Rambo in _First Blood (1982)_ (qv).