Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.
- There is a long-standing misconception that Dr. 'Charles Nolte' (qv), professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota Department of Theatre Arts and Dance, is Nick Nolte's father.
- Attended Kingsley Elementary School in Waterloo, Iowa
- Nolte was a heavy drinker until 1990. When 'Katharine Hepburn' (qv) accused him of falling down drunk in every gutter in town, he replied: "I've got a few to go yet."
- #1 of VH1's "40 Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots" - had a Hawaiin shirt and a bed-head.
- Father, with girlfriend 'Clytie Lane' (qv), of a girl born on October 3th 2007 in Los Angeles. The girl weighed seven pounds thirteen ounces.
- Was supposed to host _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) back in 1982 as part of the promotional tour for _48 Hrs. (1982)_ (qv), which was the film debut of then _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) star 'Eddie Murphy (I)' (qv), but fell ill at the last minute and had to drop out, so Murphy hosted in his place.
- (2009) Has shot films in over 14 countries.