Feb. 8th, 1941
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Guest TV Roles
Captain Alan Melder
Nick Nolte was born in Omaha, Nebraska and began his career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse and in regional theater productions. His breakthrough role was in the TV mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" (1976), playing the role of "Tom/Tommy Jordache". Nick Nolte said that when he played a young man in the early scenes of the project, he weighed about 160 pounds. When he played a middle aged man in the later scenes, he weighed over 180 pounds.
- #1 of VH1's "40 Most Shocking Celebrity Mugshots" - had a Hawaiin shirt and a bed-head.
- His paternal grandfather was a German farmer with a farm in Iowa.
- (2009) Has shot films in over 14 countries.
- Is of German, Swedish, Irish and Italian descent.
- Visited Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia, 8/2006)
- Father of 'Brawley Nolte' (qv).
- Lives in Malibu, California.
- Director 'Keith Gordon (I)' (qv) took a one-day role in _I Love Trouble (1994)_ (qv) to personally ask Nick Nolte to read the script for _Mother Night (1996)_ (qv), after being initially dismissed by Nolte's agent.