Jan. 28th, 1980
Jamestown, New York, USA
Nick Carter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nickolas Gene Carter was born on January 28, 1980 in Jamestown, New York to Robert and Jane Carter. As a child, he appeared in several television commercials, and in 1989 auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club. However, his main interest was music and his mother encouraged this by paying for singing lessons. His career took off in 1992 when he successfully auditioned to become one of the Backstreet Boys.
Nick had previously come into contact with two other members of the band, A.J. McLean and Howie Dorough, through other auditions, and the remaining band members, Kevin Scott Richardson and Brian Littrell, joined the group shortly afterwards. Their first single, 'We've Got it Going On' was released in 1995.
More recently, Nick's team of racing boats, Nick Carter Racing, won its category in the OS Worlds in Daytona, Florida. His first solo album was "Now Or Never", released in March 2002 and his first solo single "Help Me" was taken from the album. His younger brother Aaron, born in 1987, also has a successful singing career.
- Was born in the same hospital as comedian 'Lucille Ball' (qv).
- Was born at 7:32 pm
- Bandmate of 'Kevin Scott Richardson' (qv), 'Brian Littrell' (qv), 'Howie Dorough' (qv) and 'A.J. McLean' (qv).
- His parents, Jane & Robert Carter, finalized their divorce at the end of March 2004. Robert Carter married 29 year old Ginger Elrod on April 1st, 2004, giving him and his siblings a stepmother, and a step-sister. He was not present at the wedding.
- (1999) one of Teen People Magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21"
- Ex-boyfriend of his brother's, 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv), ex-fiancée 'Kari Ann Peniche' (qv).
- He is a licensed scuba diver.
- In April, 1993, he and four other boys put a group together, The 'Backstreet Boys' (qv).