Jan. 28th, 1980
Jamestown, New York, USA
Nick Carter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1990 - Edward Scissorhands
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Nickolas Gene Carter was born on January 28, 1980 in Jamestown, New York to Robert and Jane Carter. As a child, he appeared in several television commercials, and in 1989 auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club. However, his main interest was music and his mother encouraged this by paying for singing lessons. His career took off in 1992 when he successfully auditioned to become one of the Backstreet Boys.
Nick had previously come into contact with two other members of the band, A.J. McLean and Howie Dorough, through other auditions, and the remaining band members, Kevin Scott Richardson and Brian Littrell, joined the group shortly afterwards. Their first single, 'We've Got it Going On' was released in 1995.
More recently, Nick's team of racing boats, Nick Carter Racing, won its category in the OS Worlds in Daytona, Florida. His first solo album was "Now Or Never", released in March 2002 and his first solo single "Help Me" was taken from the album. His younger brother Aaron, born in 1987, also has a successful singing career.
- In April, 1993, he and four other boys put a group together, The 'Backstreet Boys' (qv).
- Dated 'Paris Hilton' (qv) [December 2003 - July 2004]
- Their new album [Millennium] broke the record for most sales in the first week - previously held by 'Garth Brooks' (qv) - by selling over 1 million copies in the USA alone.
- Friends with actress and former model 'Asun Ortega (II)' (qv).
- Older brother of singer, 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv).
- He has his own boat racing team called 'Nick Carter Racing'. His team won the first race they attended, the Daytona Harley Davidson Offshore Grand Prix in Daytona on April 30th, 2002. Nick also sang the National Anthem.
- The first time he got writing credits was on 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv)'s debut CD in 1997. The song was called "Ain't It Cute", and was co-written by 'Brian Littrell' (qv) and Gary Carolla. He has later had gotten writing credits on 3 of the songs on the 'Backstreet Boys' (qv)' "Black & Blue" (2000), and a song called "True" on the B-side of 'Leslie Carter' (qv)'s debut single "Like Wow" (2001).
- He is a licensed scuba diver.