Jan. 28th, 1980
Jamestown, New York, USA
Nick Carter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - This Is the End
1990 - Edward Scissorhands
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Contestant
Himself - Musical Guest
Nickolas Gene Carter was born on January 28, 1980 in Jamestown, New York to Robert and Jane Carter. As a child, he appeared in several television commercials, and in 1989 auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club. However, his main interest was music and his mother encouraged this by paying for singing lessons. His career took off in 1992 when he successfully auditioned to become one of the Backstreet Boys.
Nick had previously come into contact with two other members of the band, A.J. McLean and Howie Dorough, through other auditions, and the remaining band members, Kevin Scott Richardson and Brian Littrell, joined the group shortly afterwards. Their first single, 'We've Got it Going On' was released in 1995.
More recently, Nick's team of racing boats, Nick Carter Racing, won its category in the OS Worlds in Daytona, Florida. His first solo album was "Now Or Never", released in March 2002 and his first solo single "Help Me" was taken from the album. His younger brother Aaron, born in 1987, also has a successful singing career.
- Older brother of singer, 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv).
- Lists Canadian rocker 'Bryan Adams (I)' (qv) as his biggest idol and musical influence. Like 'Bryan Adams (I)' (qv), he has been described by critics as a "blue jeans and t-shirt rock and roller" and his debut solo album "Now or Never" was called a throwback to Adams earlier works.
- Founded the charity campaign 'Nick Carter Oceans Campaign' in his band-mate 'Kevin Scott Richardson' (qv)'s charity foundation, "Just Within Reach" (JWR).
- His parents, Jane & Robert Carter, finalized their divorce at the end of March 2004. Robert Carter married 29 year old Ginger Elrod on April 1st, 2004, giving him and his siblings a stepmother, and a step-sister. He was not present at the wedding.
- Good friends with Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee.
- Son of Robert Carter and Jane Carter.
- The first time he got writing credits was on 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv)'s debut CD in 1997. The song was called "Ain't It Cute", and was co-written by 'Brian Littrell' (qv) and Gary Carolla. He has later had gotten writing credits on 3 of the songs on the 'Backstreet Boys' (qv)' "Black & Blue" (2000), and a song called "True" on the B-side of 'Leslie Carter' (qv)'s debut single "Like Wow" (2001).
- Voted Sexiest Man Of The World by CosmoGirl Magazine.