Jan. 28th, 1980
Jamestown, New York, USA
Nick Carter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - This Is the End
1990 - Edward Scissorhands
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nickolas Gene Carter was born on January 28, 1980 in Jamestown, New York to Robert and Jane Carter. As a child, he appeared in several television commercials, and in 1989 auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club. However, his main interest was music and his mother encouraged this by paying for singing lessons. His career took off in 1992 when he successfully auditioned to become one of the Backstreet Boys.
Nick had previously come into contact with two other members of the band, A.J. McLean and Howie Dorough, through other auditions, and the remaining band members, Kevin Scott Richardson and Brian Littrell, joined the group shortly afterwards. Their first single, 'We've Got it Going On' was released in 1995.
More recently, Nick's team of racing boats, Nick Carter Racing, won its category in the OS Worlds in Daytona, Florida. His first solo album was "Now Or Never", released in March 2002 and his first solo single "Help Me" was taken from the album. His younger brother Aaron, born in 1987, also has a successful singing career.
- Their new album [Millennium] broke the record for most sales in the first week - previously held by 'Garth Brooks' (qv) - by selling over 1 million copies in the USA alone.
- Voted Sexiest Man Of The World by CosmoGirl Magazine.
- Older brother of singer, 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv).
- Ex-boyfriend of his brother's, 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv), ex-fiancée 'Kari Ann Peniche' (qv).
- 2 January 2002: Was arrested outside a Tampa, Florida nightclub for allegedly disobeying police orders to leave after a fight broke out inside the 'Pop City' club.
- Bandmate of 'Kevin Scott Richardson' (qv), 'Brian Littrell' (qv), 'Howie Dorough' (qv) and 'A.J. McLean' (qv).
- (1999) one of Teen People Magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21"
- Has 5 siblings: 'Bobbie Jean Carter' (qv) (b. 1982), 'Leslie Carter' (qv) (b. 1986), twins 'Angel Carter (II)' (qv) and 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv) (b. 1987).