Jan. 28th, 1980
Jamestown, New York, USA
Nick Carter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nickolas Gene Carter was born on January 28, 1980 in Jamestown, New York to Robert and Jane Carter. As a child, he appeared in several television commercials, and in 1989 auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club. However, his main interest was music and his mother encouraged this by paying for singing lessons. His career took off in 1992 when he successfully auditioned to become one of the Backstreet Boys.
Nick had previously come into contact with two other members of the band, A.J. McLean and Howie Dorough, through other auditions, and the remaining band members, Kevin Scott Richardson and Brian Littrell, joined the group shortly afterwards. Their first single, 'We've Got it Going On' was released in 1995.
More recently, Nick's team of racing boats, Nick Carter Racing, won its category in the OS Worlds in Daytona, Florida. His first solo album was "Now Or Never", released in March 2002 and his first solo single "Help Me" was taken from the album. His younger brother Aaron, born in 1987, also has a successful singing career.
- Is the youngest member of The 'Backstreet Boys' (qv).
- In April, 1993, he and four other boys put a group together, The 'Backstreet Boys' (qv).
- He is a licensed scuba diver.
- Was born in the same hospital as comedian 'Lucille Ball' (qv).
- Older brother of singer 'Leslie Carter' (qv).
- Has worked with actress 'Kaley Cuoco' (qv) twice; _The Hollow (2004) (V)_ (qv) and _"8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter" (2002)_ (qv).
- Lists Canadian rocker 'Bryan Adams (I)' (qv) as his biggest idol and musical influence. Like 'Bryan Adams (I)' (qv), he has been described by critics as a "blue jeans and t-shirt rock and roller" and his debut solo album "Now or Never" was called a throwback to Adams earlier works.
- Was born at 7:32 pm