Jan. 28th, 1980
Jamestown, New York, USA
Nick Carter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - This Is the End
1990 - Edward Scissorhands
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Contestant
Himself - Musical Guest
Nickolas Gene Carter was born on January 28, 1980 in Jamestown, New York to Robert and Jane Carter. As a child, he appeared in several television commercials, and in 1989 auditioned for the Mickey Mouse Club. However, his main interest was music and his mother encouraged this by paying for singing lessons. His career took off in 1992 when he successfully auditioned to become one of the Backstreet Boys.
Nick had previously come into contact with two other members of the band, A.J. McLean and Howie Dorough, through other auditions, and the remaining band members, Kevin Scott Richardson and Brian Littrell, joined the group shortly afterwards. Their first single, 'We've Got it Going On' was released in 1995.
More recently, Nick's team of racing boats, Nick Carter Racing, won its category in the OS Worlds in Daytona, Florida. His first solo album was "Now Or Never", released in March 2002 and his first solo single "Help Me" was taken from the album. His younger brother Aaron, born in 1987, also has a successful singing career.
- Founded the charity campaign 'Nick Carter Oceans Campaign' in his band-mate 'Kevin Scott Richardson' (qv)'s charity foundation, "Just Within Reach" (JWR).
- Son of Robert Carter and Jane Carter.
- Is allergic to cats.
- Ex-boyfriend of his brother's, 'Aaron Carter (I)' (qv), ex-fiancée 'Kari Ann Peniche' (qv).
- Dated 'Paris Hilton' (qv) [December 2003 - July 2004]
- Good friends with Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee.
- In April, 1993, he and four other boys put a group together, The 'Backstreet Boys' (qv).
- Friends with actress and former model 'Asun Ortega (II)' (qv).