Oct. 8th, 1980
San Diego, California, USA
Nick Cannon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Known around here as Chairman Nick, Nick got his start at the age of 15 when he moved to Hollywood and started doing stand-up comedy. Things moved fast from there, and by the age of 17 he was the youngest staff writer in the history of television, working behind the scenes and in front of the camera on Nickelodeon's All That.
Since then he has: created The Nick Cannon Show and Wild N Out; appeared in several blockbuster films including Men In Black II, Drumline, Shall We Dance and Roll Bounce; released an album; been nominated for a SAG Award; become the first African American actor to receive the Breakthrough Actor of the Year award at Cannes; launched his own multi-media company; hosted a morning radio show in NY; and become the Chairman of TeenNick. Now he brings you The Nightlife.
- Married 'Mariah Carey' (qv) 2.5 months after dating her, but they'd been friends since 2005 when he presented her with a Teen Choice Award.
- Filmed a pilot produced by 'Will Smith (I)' (qv) for the WB Network called "Loose Cannon" during the summer of 2001.
- Graduated from Monte Vista High School in Spring Valley, California in 1998.
- Formed the rap duo "Da Bomb Squad" with his best friend. They opened for the likes of 'Will Smith (I)' (qv), LFO, '98 Degrees' (qv), and 'Montell Jordan' (qv).
- Nick wrote a song about when his young mother found out she was pregnant with him. The song he wrote is called "Can I Live?" and was his thank you for his mother for giving him life.