Jun. 22nd, 1962
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Nicholas Lea's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nicholas Lea (born June 22, 1962) in New Westminster, British Columbia. He attended Prince of Wales Secondary School (Grad of 1980).
Lea's first major role was on the TV series The Commish where he played Officer Enrico Caruso from 1991 to 1994. It was during this time that he had a minor guest role in a first-season episode of The X-Files called "Gender Bender". The producers were impressed by his performance and when, in the second season, he auditioned for the role of turncoat FBI agent Alex Krycek, he was successful. Lea guest starred in eleven episodes from 1994 to 1996 and became a popular character amongst the fans. Because of his character's willingness to switch sides, he was known as the 'ratboy'. In the season three episode "Apocrypha," Krycek was left to die in an abandoned missile silo with an alien ship. This allowed Lea to take a starring role in the series Once a Thief — which followed on from the 1996 John Woo film — alongside Ivan Sergei. The series was cancelled after one season. Lea continued to play Krycek, who became a nemesis not just of Mulder and Scully but particularly of A.D. Skinner (Mitch Pileggi).
Lea co-starred with Lau Ching-Wan, Theresa Lee and Bif Naked in the Hong Kong-Canadian film Lunch with Charles in 2001.
In 2006, Lea had a role on ABC Family's Kyle XY (26 episodes) playing Tom Foss, Kyle's tutor, and was one of the lead actors (playing Ethan McKaye) on the Canadian TV series Whistler. He was also that series' associate producer. He did not return to Whistler for its second season in 2007.
He has guest starred in shows such as NYPD Blue (3 episodes), Andromeda, Burn Notice, Sliders, Highlander: The Series, Judging Amy, CSI (4 episodes) (as Catherine Willows' boyfriend) and Men in Trees (10 episodes) (as Eric, the minister). Nicholas has also guest starred in the new ABC sci-fi series V. He is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Lyric School of Acting in Vancouver.
- Guest-starred on the ABC TV show, _"Men in Trees" (2006)_ (qv), opposite his real-life girlfriend (since 2001), 'Suleka Mathew' (qv).
- Attended Prince of Wales Secondary School in Vancouver (Grad of 1980).
- Worked in a clothing store.
- Dated actress 'Melinda McGraw' (qv)
- Read for the role of Danny on "NYPD Blue" (1993).
- Was the lead singer in an alternative rock band called Beau Monde for five years
- Auditioned for the part of Cal in _Titanic (1997)_ (qv)
- Born Nicholas Christopher Schroeder -- but after his parent's divorce, was raised as Nicholas Christopher Herbert.
Related sites for this celeb