Apr. 12th, 1971
Los Angeles, California, USA
Nicholas Brendon's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nicholas Brendon (born April 12, 1971) three minutes after his identical twin brother, actor 'Kelly Donovan' in Los Angeles, California. He attended Chatsworth High School, where he struggled with stuttering but was also a starter on the baseball team. He had dreams of playing for the L.A. Dodgers, but had to pursue other options when he hurt his arm about a year after graduating high school.
He got his big break as an actor when he landed the role of Xander Harris on the hugely successful TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997). The series ran from 1997 until 2003, garnering a huge cult following as well as a large fanbase for Brendon. Brendon and brother Kelly appeared together in the episode "The Replacement", in which Xander has to cope with having a seemingly sinister double. His first major role in a feature film came with the 'Charles Busch' satire Psycho Beach Party (2000). Brendon has also starred in the ABC Family Channel original movie Celeste in the City (2004). Brendon is a spokesperson for the Stuttering Foundation of America, appearing in a print campaign for the organization.
- Appeared with 'David Boreanaz' (qv) (Angel), 'Kristine Sutherland' (qv) (Joyce Summers), and 'Mark Lutz' (qv) (Groosalugg) at the Angel And Buffy Convention held at the Brighton Centre in Brighton, England, 29 August, 2003.
- He was 'Marley Shelton' (qv)'s high school prom date. He bought her 100 roses, wore a tux and drove a black convertible Mustang. Marley said that he "totally did it right".
- Served as the honorary chairperson of the Stuttering Foundation of America's Stuttering Awareness Week in 2001, 2002 and 2003.
- Still keeps in touch with his _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) co-star, 'Charisma Carpenter' (qv).
- Mother is talent agent 'Kathleen Schultz' (qv).
- Attended Pasadena City College.
- During the off-season of _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) Nicholas often grew a goatee, while brother, Kelly, stays clean-shaven. This often led to fans mistaking Kelly for Nicholas.
- Was the original choice to play Malcolm Reynolds on _"Firefly" (2002)_ (qv), but was unavailable due to his Buffy schedule. The part went to 'Nathan Fillion' (qv) instead.