Oct. 30th, 1970
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Nia Long's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Good Hair
2008 - Gospel Hill
2007 - Are We Done Yet?
2006 - Big Momma's House 2
2005 - Are We There Yet?
2004 - Alfie
2003 - How to Get the Man's Foot Outta Your Ass
2001 - The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy
2000 - Boiler Room
2000 - Big Momma's House
1999 - The Best Man
1999 - Stigmata
1999 - In Too Deep
1999 - Held Up
1997 - Love Jones
1997 - Soul Food
1995 - Friday
1993 - Made in America
1991 - Boyz n the Hood
1990 - Buried Alive
Guest TV Roles
Roberta Tubbs (Voiced)
Herself - Guest
Nia Long was born in Brooklyn, New York, to Doc and Talita Long. Nia's parents divorced when she was a little over two years old. She moved with her mother to Iowa City, Iowa, where her mother studied fine arts, and then to a lower-middle-class South Central Los Angeles neighborhood when Nia was seven. She attended Catholic school for a while and studied ballet, tap, jazz, gymnastics, guitar and acting. Due to the lack of employment opportunities in the Arts in Los Angeles when Nia and Talita first arrived there, Talita took various low-paying jobs, in spite of being equipped with two master's degrees, that resulted in financial straits for the mother and daughter. Nia's motivation to be successful was driven by her desire to help ease her mother's financial burden.
- First child Massai Zhivago Dorsey II, with 'Massai Z. Dorsey' (qv) was born on November 26th, 2000 in Los Angeles.
- (2000) Took Third Place by the readers of Black Men Magazine for "The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year."
- Nia & beau, Massai Dorsey, have announced that they are expecting their first child in November 2000. They also announced that they will wed in June 2001.
- Career got started by 'Betty A. Bridges' (qv), mother of actor 'Todd Bridges' (qv). Betty was her acting coach for 15 years.
- Nia is of Trinidadian descent.
- Voted one of the 50 most beautiful people in the World 2000 by People Magazine
- Half-sister of comedian Sommore.
- She beat out Jada Pinkett (Will Smith's future wife) for the role of Lisa on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air".