Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- Speaks French.
- Her mother had been an HIV/AIDS educator and counselor.
- First came to TV screens as "Daisy" in the short-lived series _"Catwalk" (1992)_ (qv) about sex, booze and Rock 'n Roll which was somewhat modeled after the Fox show, _"The Heights" (1992)_ (qv). Played alongside some other Canadian actors like 'Keram Malicki-Sánchez' (qv) (_"24" (2001)_ (qv), _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv)); 'Nicole de Boer' (qv) (_"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv)), and 'Chandra West' (qv) (_"Jack & Jill" (1999)_ (qv), _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv)).
- Her father is a drama teacher at Lorne Park Secondary School in Mississauga, Ontario.
- (1999) Revealed that at aged 14 she suffered a "nervous breakdown" which resulted in complete hairloss, and that only intensive acupunture grew it back.
- Has a "no nudity" clause in her contract. But, she lifted it for her role in the film, _When Will I Be Loved (2004)_ (qv), her first movie showing her completely nude.
- Was originally going to be a ballerina, but quit due to accumulating injuries (she had a bunion removed from her big toe and her joints were practically worn away), so she finally gave up dance. She still works out at the bar regularly and made the movie _The Company (2003)_ (qv) because of her love for the art.
- Along with 'David Arquette' (qv), 'Courteney Cox' (qv), 'Liev Schreiber' (qv) and 'Jamie Kennedy (I)' (qv), she is one of only five actors to appear in all three "Scream" films.