Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Walter
2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2007 - Partition
2006 - Relative Strangers
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Scream 3
2000 - Panic
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - The Craft
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- (1999) Revealed that at aged 14 she suffered a "nervous breakdown" which resulted in complete hairloss, and that only intensive acupunture grew it back.
- Her first name, Neve, is her mother's surname - and it is a name first used by her ancestors, Sephardic Jews who emigrated to Holland in the 15th century. Neve said in an interview that despite her Catholic religion, if someone asks her if she was Jewish she would say "yes" because of her ancestry.
- Has a "no nudity" clause in her contract. But, she lifted it for her role in the film, _When Will I Be Loved (2004)_ (qv), her first movie showing her completely nude.
- FHM's 50 Sexiest Women [1995-2004] (Ranked: 35)
- First name is pronounced "Nev".
- Turned down the lead roles in both _Center Stage (2000)_ (qv) and _Save the Last Dance (2001)_ (qv) in favor of developing her own dance movie _The Company (2003)_ (qv).
- In an interview, she said that her main beauty tip is, to keep your face looking thin, dip your face into ice-cold water, complete with ice cubes, three times for six seconds each. But she warned that she does occasionally have headaches afterwards.
- First came to TV screens as "Daisy" in the short-lived series _"Catwalk" (1992)_ (qv) about sex, booze and Rock 'n Roll which was somewhat modeled after the Fox show, _"The Heights" (1992)_ (qv). Played alongside some other Canadian actors like 'Keram Malicki-Sánchez' (qv) (_"24" (2001)_ (qv), _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv)); 'Nicole de Boer' (qv) (_"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv)), and 'Chandra West' (qv) (_"Jack & Jill" (1999)_ (qv), _"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000)_ (qv)).