Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2007 - Partition
2006 - Relative Strangers
2005 - Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Panic
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Scream 3
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Scream
1996 - The Craft
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- Official advocate for people living with epilepsy. Her cousin and best friend was diagnosed with that condition at age 18.
- She turned to acting after quitting dance and was soon cast as the Degas Girl in "The Phantom of the Opera" starring 'Colm Wilkinson' (qv) at Toronto's Pantages Theater. At 16, she was at the time the youngest person ever to be cast in this production. In total, she performed in over 800 shows. It was there that she met actor 'Jeff Colt' (qv), a bartender at the theater. They married in 1995 in England's Westminster Cathedral, but divorced three years later.
- Favorite horror movies are _The Shining (1980)_ (qv) and _The Changeling (1980)_ (qv).
- Younger sister of 'Christian Campbell (I)' (qv).
- She started taking taking ballet at the age of six, after seeing a production of "The Nutcracker."
- Had to turn down the role in _Rounders (1998)_ (qv) because in the contract it said she would have to be in _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv) and she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it or not.
- In 2003, was offered the part of Velma Kelly, in Broadway production of "Chicago", but turned down the offer in order to promote _The Company (2003)_ (qv) in which she starred, produced and co-wrote.
- Was originally going to be a ballerina, but quit due to accumulating injuries (she had a bunion removed from her big toe and her joints were practically worn away), so she finally gave up dance. She still works out at the bar regularly and made the movie _The Company (2003)_ (qv) because of her love for the art.