Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- In an interview, she said that her main beauty tip is, to keep your face looking thin, dip your face into ice-cold water, complete with ice cubes, three times for six seconds each. But she warned that she does occasionally have headaches afterwards.
- She was March on FHM magazine's 2005 pin-up calendar (2005).
- She started taking taking ballet at the age of six, after seeing a production of "The Nutcracker."
- In Portuguese and Italian, her name means "snow".
- Has a "no nudity" clause in her contract. But, she lifted it for her role in the film, _When Will I Be Loved (2004)_ (qv), her first movie showing her completely nude.
- Sister-in-law of 'Liz Light' (qv).
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Erin Matthews' (qv).
- Speaks French.