Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2007 - Partition
2006 - Relative Strangers
2005 - Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Panic
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Scream 3
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Scream
1996 - The Craft
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series "Party of Five" (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim "Sidney Prescott" in Scream (1996/I), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming "Party of Five" (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside Matthew Perry (I) and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with Denise Richards and Matt Dillon (I), though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002) (TV), both directed by Henry Bromell.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- She was March on FHM magazine's 2005 pin-up calendar (2005).
- Aside from commercials and dance performances, one of her first acting jobs was on a sketch in _"The Kids in the Hall" (1988)_ (qv), playing a Catholic school girl.
- Was a chorus girl in the original Toronto cast of Phantom of the Opera starring 'Colm Wilkinson' (qv).
- At the time, she was the youngest person ever cast in "The Phantom of the Opera." Although her role was usually that of a member of the ballet corps, she did understudy the role of Meg Giry.
- Had to turn down the role in _Rounders (1998)_ (qv) because in the contract it said she would have to be in _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv) and she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it or not.
- Her mother had been an HIV/AIDS educator and counselor.
- Turned down the lead roles in both _Center Stage (2000)_ (qv) and _Save the Last Dance (2001)_ (qv) in favor of developing her own dance movie _The Company (2003)_ (qv).
- In Portuguese and Italian, her name means "snow".