Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Walter
2011 - Scream 4
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2007 - Partition
2007 - Closing the Ring
2006 - Relative Strangers
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2004 - Mayor of the Sunset Strip
2004 - When Will I Be Loved
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Scream 3
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Panic
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - The Craft
0 - Seduced and Abandoned
Guest TV Roles
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- In _Scream (1996/I)_ (qv), when Tatum asks the question, "If they make a movie about this, who do you think they'll get to play you?" Dewey says, "I picture you as a young 'Meg Ryan (I)' (qv), myself". She replies, "Thanks, but with my luck, they'll cast 'Tori Spelling' (qv)". Spelling wasn't insulted and, in _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv), she played "Sidney", in the movie within the movie depicting the events of _Scream (1996/I)_ (qv), called "Stab".
- Her first name, Neve, is her mother's surname - and it is a name first used by her ancestors, Sephardic Jews who emigrated to Holland in the 15th century. Neve said in an interview that despite her Catholic religion, if someone asks her if she was Jewish she would say "yes" because of her ancestry.
- Had to turn down the role in _Armageddon (1998/I)_ (qv) because of conflicts with the _"Party of Five" (1994)_ (qv) schedule.
- In a public restroom, a fan knocked on her stall door, put a pen and paper underneath and said, "Can I get your autograph?" Campbell replied, "Can I finish peeing first?" -- Cosmopolitan magazine, October 1999
- Speaks French.
- Ranked as #66 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- She turned to acting after quitting dance and was soon cast as the Degas Girl in "The Phantom of the Opera" starring 'Colm Wilkinson' (qv) at Toronto's Pantages Theater. At 16, she was at the time the youngest person ever to be cast in this production. In total, she performed in over 800 shows. It was there that she met actor 'Jeff Colt' (qv), a bartender at the theater. They married in 1995 in England's Westminster Cathedral, but divorced three years later.
- FHM's 50 Sexiest Women [1995-2004] (Ranked: 35)