Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2007 - Partition
2006 - Relative Strangers
2005 - Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Panic
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Scream 3
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Scream
1996 - The Craft
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- Younger brother Damian, was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome (TS) in 1989, after Neve finished another year at Canada's National Ballet School in Toronto. She has used her fame from _"Party of Five" (1994)_ (qv) to raise awareness for the disease, participating in TS conferences and fund-raisers in Toronto and Los Angeles.
- (October 1998) Voted No.3 in EMPIRE (UK) magazine's 100 sexiest movie stars of 1998.
- She turned to acting after quitting dance and was soon cast as the Degas Girl in "The Phantom of the Opera" starring 'Colm Wilkinson' (qv) at Toronto's Pantages Theater. At 16, she was at the time the youngest person ever to be cast in this production. In total, she performed in over 800 shows. It was there that she met actor 'Jeff Colt' (qv), a bartender at the theater. They married in 1995 in England's Westminster Cathedral, but divorced three years later.
- (1998) One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Erin Matthews' (qv).
- The Campbell family was named the "spokesfamily" of the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada.
- Turned down the lead roles in both _Center Stage (2000)_ (qv) and _Save the Last Dance (2001)_ (qv) in favor of developing her own dance movie _The Company (2003)_ (qv).
- Has British citizenship.