Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Walter
2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Partition
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2006 - Relative Strangers
2004 - Mayor of the Sunset Strip
2004 - When Will I Be Loved
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Scream 3
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Panic
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - The Craft
0 - Seduced and Abandoned
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Lizzie Shepherd
Herself - Guest
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- Speaks French.
- Official advocate for people living with epilepsy. Her cousin and best friend was diagnosed with that condition at age 18.
- Younger brother Damian, was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome (TS) in 1989, after Neve finished another year at Canada's National Ballet School in Toronto. She has used her fame from _"Party of Five" (1994)_ (qv) to raise awareness for the disease, participating in TS conferences and fund-raisers in Toronto and Los Angeles.
- In Portuguese and Italian, her name means "snow".
- Has a "no nudity" clause in her contract. But, she lifted it for her role in the film, _When Will I Be Loved (2004)_ (qv), her first movie showing her completely nude.
- Her first name, Neve, is her mother's surname - and it is a name first used by her ancestors, Sephardic Jews who emigrated to Holland in the 15th century. Neve said in an interview that despite her Catholic religion, if someone asks her if she was Jewish she would say "yes" because of her ancestry.
- Appeared in the Toronto production of the Broadway Musical "Phantom of the Opera" as a ballerina (early 90's).
- Along with 'David Arquette' (qv), 'Courteney Cox' (qv), 'Liev Schreiber' (qv) and 'Jamie Kennedy (I)' (qv), she is one of only five actors to appear in all three "Scream" films.