Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Walter
2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2007 - Partition
2006 - Relative Strangers
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Scream 3
2000 - Panic
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - The Craft
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- Speaks French.
- The Campbell family was named the "spokesfamily" of the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada.
- (1998) One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.
- (1999) Revealed that at aged 14 she suffered a "nervous breakdown" which resulted in complete hairloss, and that only intensive acupunture grew it back.
- Favorite horror movies are _The Shining (1980)_ (qv) and _The Changeling (1980)_ (qv).
- Has a "no nudity" clause in her contract. But, she lifted it for her role in the film, _When Will I Be Loved (2004)_ (qv), her first movie showing her completely nude.
- Had to turn down the role in _Rounders (1998)_ (qv) because in the contract it said she would have to be in _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv) and she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it or not.
- At the time, she was the youngest person ever cast in "The Phantom of the Opera." Although her role was usually that of a member of the ballet corps, she did understudy the role of Meg Giry.