Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- (August 2001) Campbell's relationship with 'John Cusack' (qv) was reconciled after a two-week hideaway vacation.
- Movie _A Private War (2009)_ (qv) is said to be about actor/writer/producer 'Pete Antico' (qv) [Teen People Magazine, April 2000].
- Engaged to 'John Light (I)' (qv) [February 9, 2006].
- Formed the Blue Sphere Alliance Production Company at The Lex Theatre in Hollywood with her brother 'Christian Campbell (I)' (qv) and 'Matthew Lillard' (qv).
- Close friends with 'Charlie Condou' (qv) according to Radio Times (July 2008).
- In a public restroom, a fan knocked on her stall door, put a pen and paper underneath and said, "Can I get your autograph?" Campbell replied, "Can I finish peeing first?" -- Cosmopolitan magazine, October 1999
- Older sister of 'Alex Campbell (I)' (qv).
- (1998) One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.