Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2007 - Partition
2006 - Relative Strangers
2005 - Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Panic
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Scream 3
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - 54
1998 - Wild Things
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - Scream
1996 - The Craft
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series "Party of Five" (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim "Sidney Prescott" in Scream (1996/I), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming "Party of Five" (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside Matthew Perry (I) and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with Denise Richards and Matt Dillon (I), though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002) (TV), both directed by Henry Bromell.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- Aside from commercials and dance performances, one of her first acting jobs was on a sketch in _"The Kids in the Hall" (1988)_ (qv), playing a Catholic school girl.
- Ranked #8 on Maxim's "Hottest Women of Horror Movies" list.
- Appeared in the Toronto production of the Broadway Musical "Phantom of the Opera" as a ballerina (early 90's).
- In an interview, she said that her main beauty tip is, to keep your face looking thin, dip your face into ice-cold water, complete with ice cubes, three times for six seconds each. But she warned that she does occasionally have headaches afterwards.
- Ranked as #66 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- She was March on FHM magazine's 2005 pin-up calendar (2005).
- In Portuguese and Italian, her name means "snow".
- Her first name, Neve, is her mother's surname - and it is a name first used by her ancestors, Sephardic Jews who emigrated to Holland in the 15th century. Neve said in an interview that despite her Catholic religion, if someone asks her if she was Jewish she would say "yes" because of her ancestry.