Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Walter
2011 - Scream 4
2007 - Partition
2007 - Closing the Ring
2007 - I Really Hate My Job
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2006 - Relative Strangers
2004 - Mayor of the Sunset Strip
2004 - When Will I Be Loved
2003 - Lost Junction
2000 - Scream 3
2000 - Drowning Mona
2000 - Panic
1999 - Three to Tango
1998 - Wild Things
1998 - 54
1997 - Scream 2
1996 - The Craft
0 - Seduced and Abandoned
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Lizzie Shepherd
Herself - Guest
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- Speaks French.
- In _Scream (1996/I)_ (qv), when Tatum asks the question, "If they make a movie about this, who do you think they'll get to play you?" Dewey says, "I picture you as a young 'Meg Ryan (I)' (qv), myself". She replies, "Thanks, but with my luck, they'll cast 'Tori Spelling' (qv)". Spelling wasn't insulted and, in _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv), she played "Sidney", in the movie within the movie depicting the events of _Scream (1996/I)_ (qv), called "Stab".
- Joined the National Ballet School of Canada at age 9.
- Favorite horror movies are _The Shining (1980)_ (qv) and _The Changeling (1980)_ (qv).
- Official advocate for people living with epilepsy. Her cousin and best friend was diagnosed with that condition at age 18.
- Her first name, Neve, is her mother's surname - and it is a name first used by her ancestors, Sephardic Jews who emigrated to Holland in the 15th century. Neve said in an interview that despite her Catholic religion, if someone asks her if she was Jewish she would say "yes" because of her ancestry.
- Had to turn down the role in _Rounders (1998)_ (qv) because in the contract it said she would have to be in _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv) and she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it or not.
- Aside from commercials and dance performances, one of her first acting jobs was on a sketch in _"The Kids in the Hall" (1988)_ (qv), playing a Catholic school girl.