Oct. 3rd, 1973
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Neve Campbell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born and raised in Canada by a Scottish father and Dutch mother, Neve Campbell first came to our TV screens in the hit Drama series Party of Five (1994). Described as TV's most believable teenager, her first major film role came in the form of innocent victim Sidney Prescott in Scream (1996), the film which re-defined the slasher genre.
Many film offers came her way but, as she was filming Party of Five (1994) for nine months of the year, the filming schedules often clashed. So in 2001, she announced that she was to leave the award winning show to concentrate on a film career.
Spreading through many genres, her film credits to date include the romantic comedy Three to Tango (1999) alongside 'Matthew Perry' and the erotic thriller Wild Things (1998) with 'Denise Richards' and 'Matt Dillon, though she has turned to a more art house approach with the critically acclaimed Panic (2000) and, more recently, Last Call (2002), both directed by 'Henry Bromell'.
She is an animal lover and describes herself as having a dry, often offensive sense of humor.
- (1998) One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.
- Close friends with 'Charlie Condou' (qv) according to Radio Times (July 2008).
- Had to turn down the role in _Rounders (1998)_ (qv) because in the contract it said she would have to be in _Scream 2 (1997)_ (qv) and she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it or not.
- Speaks French.
- (October 1998) Voted No.3 in EMPIRE (UK) magazine's 100 sexiest movie stars of 1998.
- Aside from commercials and dance performances, one of her first acting jobs was on a sketch in _"The Kids in the Hall" (1988)_ (qv), playing a Catholic school girl.
- Was originally going to be a ballerina, but quit due to accumulating injuries (she had a bunion removed from her big toe and her joints were practically worn away), so she finally gave up dance. She still works out at the bar regularly and made the movie _The Company (2003)_ (qv) because of her love for the art.
- She started taking taking ballet at the age of six, after seeing a production of "The Nutcracker."