Nov. 13th, 1960
Waukegan, Illinois, USA
6' 5 1/2
Neil Flynn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
2008 - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
2006 - Hoot
2004 - Mean Girls
1999 - Magnolia
1997 - Home Alone 3
1996 - Chain Reaction
1994 - Baby's Day Out
1993 - The Fugitive
1989 - Major League
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Hugh Bowman
Max Flush (Voiced)
Flynn spent much of his early career taking bit parts in films like 'The Fugitve' and 'Magnolia' and on TV shows such as Doogie Howser, M.D. And 'Chicago Hope', often playing a cop. But in 2001, things took a decidedly positive turn when he was cast as the nameless Janitor on NBC's 'Scrubs', a role that was intended only for the pilot but was expanded to a regular series character in light of Flynn's performance. In addition to his live-action work, Flynn has also done a considerable amount of voice work on such animated projects as Clone High, 'Kim Possible', and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Neil Flynn lately stars as Mike Heck on ABC's comedy, 'The Middle'.
- Raised in Waukegan, Illinois.
- He was nominated for a 1988 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actor in a Supporting Role in a Play for "Whistle in the Dark" at the Body Politic Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- In _"Scrubs" (2001)_ (qv), he originally tried out for the role of Dr. Perry Cox, which later went to co-star 'John C. McGinley' (qv). The role he did get was that of the Janitor, which was originally intended for only the pilot episode. He has since become a regular cast member.
- Student of 'Del Close' (qv).
- He was awarded the 1986 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for Actor in a Principal Role in a Play for "The Ballad of the Sad Cafe" at the Absolute Theatre Company in Chicago, Illinois.
- Formerly a member of the Chicago improv troupe known as "The Family" (predecessor to Comedy Central's "Upright Citizen's Brigade").
- Graduated from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois.
- Had a small role as a street preacher in Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer but his scene was cut. Deleted scene can be seen on the 20th Anniversary DVD edition.