Feb. 23rd, 1966
Dorchester, Massachusetts, USA
Neal McDonough's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Neal McDonough was trained at the London Academy of Dramatic Arts and Sciences. His theatre credits include 'Cheap Talk', 'Foreigner', 'As You Like It', 'Rivals', 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', 'Bald Soprano', and 'Waiting for Lefty'. The young actor won a 1991 Best Actor Dramalogue Award for 'Away Alone'. McDonough has been a 'Star Trek' fan since he was a kid. Playing Lieutenant Hawk in 'Star Trek First Contact' was a life-long dream. McDonough has three pictures on his bedroom wall. One is a picture of his mom, the other is the Holy Virgin Mary, and the third is William Shatner as Captain Kirk. He has numerous television credits including 'NYPD Blue', 'Quantum Leap', and the voice of Bruce Banner in the animated series 'The Incredible Hulk' among others. He graduated Syracuse University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 1988.
- Decided to give up on acting until his manager got him a meeting and audition for "Band of Brothers". His work on that led to Steven Spielberg casting him in "Minority Report".
- His brother Gerard appeared as a contestant on an episode of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. He left with $32 000 after incorrectly guessing the answer on the $64 000 question.
- His character Lieutenant Hawk in Star Trek: First Contact (1996) was originally written as the first openly gay character in any Star Trek series or movie, but all references to his sexual orientation were written out of later drafts of the screenplay. The character was later confirmed as having been gay in the Star Trek tie-in novel Section 31: Rogue by Andy Mangels and Michael A. Martin.
- Was named Mr. BHS his senior year at Barnastable High School. (a male spoof on the Junior Miss Pageant).
- His parents are Peg and Frank McDonough, both of whom immigrated from Ireland, with his mother coming from County Tipperary, Province of Munster, and his father from County Galway, Province of Connacht.
- Is a big fan of 'Warren Zevon' (qv).
- Is one of 6 children, has 4 brothers and one sister.
- Like his _"Tin Man" (2007)_ (qv) costar, 'Zooey Deschanel' (qv), he appeared in advertising for the clothing chain, The GAP.