Sep. 28th, 1968
Shoreham, Kent, England, UK
Naomi Watts' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Shoreham, England and raised in Australia, Naomi Watts has been working actively in the film industry for 15 years. After she moved to Hollywood, she worked regularly, acting in small roles in film projects she was less than enthusiastic about. Finally, her big break came when she was contacted to audition for a coveted spot in David Lynch (I)'s Mulholland Dr. (2001). Her star-turning performance in the dual role of Betty Elms/Diane Selwyn has garnered an array of critic's awards and the attention of some major players in Hollywood and beyond. Watts is now enjoying greater choice of film roles and played (with great success)the lead in Gore Verbinski's remake of the Japanese horror classic The Ring (2002). She also starred opposite Kate Hudson (I) in Merchant/Ivory's adaptation of the Diane Johnson (I) novel Le divorce (2003). Subsequently, Watts' creative acting abilities have continued to grow and deepen. She has been cast in an array of films with only the best directors and actors and continues to stun critics and amaze filmgoers with her versatility and range.
- Ranked #2 in the UK FHM's most eligible women (2006).
- Is good friends with actor 'Mark Ruffalo' (qv) and his wife 'Sunrise Coigney' (qv).
- Her father died when she was seven.
- Named #2 in the French edition of FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006".
- In summer 2007 she and her friend, 'Isla Fisher' (qv), were both pregnant at the same time.
- Her favorite actresses are 'Meryl Streep' (qv), 'Jodie Foster' (qv) and 'Julianne Moore (I)' (qv). For music, her favorite artists/bands are 'Fiona Apple' (qv), 'Coldplay' (qv), 'Björk (I)' (qv), 'Radiohead' (qv), 'Cat Stevens' (qv) and 'Pink Floyd' (qv).
- Her mother Miv Watts is an interior designer.
- Was accompanied by her boyfriend 'Liev Schreiber' (qv) to the _King Kong (2005)_ (qv) US-premiere.