Sep. 28th, 1968
Shoreham, Kent, England, UK
Naomi Watts' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Shoreham, England and raised in Australia, Naomi Watts has been working actively in the film industry for 15 years. After she moved to Hollywood, she worked regularly, acting in small roles in film projects she was less than enthusiastic about. Finally, her big break came when she was contacted to audition for a coveted spot in David Lynch (I)'s Mulholland Dr. (2001). Her star-turning performance in the dual role of Betty Elms/Diane Selwyn has garnered an array of critic's awards and the attention of some major players in Hollywood and beyond. Watts is now enjoying greater choice of film roles and played (with great success)the lead in Gore Verbinski's remake of the Japanese horror classic The Ring (2002). She also starred opposite Kate Hudson (I) in Merchant/Ivory's adaptation of the Diane Johnson (I) novel Le divorce (2003). Subsequently, Watts' creative acting abilities have continued to grow and deepen. She has been cast in an array of films with only the best directors and actors and continues to stun critics and amaze filmgoers with her versatility and range.
- Her favorite "scary movie" is _Don't Look Now (1973)_ (qv) (1973).
- Was voted #29 on AskMen.com's Most Desirable Women of 2006.
- Enjoys martial arts and trained Judo for a long time. She participated in amateur Judo championships through the early 90s, from 1989 to 1992. Nowadays, she trains in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Her brother, 'Ben Watts (II)' (qv), is a well-known photographer. He's been living in the US since 1994.
- Her parents divorced when she was four.
- Had an horrific fall on the New Zealand set of _King Kong (2005)_ (qv). She fell from a height into a ditch, to the shock of the cast and crew. She thanked her rigorous practice of yoga for saving her from any permanent damage.
- Ranked #76 on Forbes 2005 Power in Entertainment List.
- Turned down the role of "Susan Storm" (Invisible Girl) in _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv). 'Jessica Alba' (qv) later got the part.