Sep. 28th, 1968
Shoreham, Kent, England, UK
Naomi Watts' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Shoreham, England and raised in Australia, Naomi Watts has been working actively in the film industry for 15 years. After she moved to Hollywood, she worked regularly, acting in small roles in film projects she was less than enthusiastic about. Finally, her big break came when she was contacted to audition for a coveted spot in David Lynch (I)'s Mulholland Dr. (2001). Her star-turning performance in the dual role of Betty Elms/Diane Selwyn has garnered an array of critic's awards and the attention of some major players in Hollywood and beyond. Watts is now enjoying greater choice of film roles and played (with great success)the lead in Gore Verbinski's remake of the Japanese horror classic The Ring (2002). She also starred opposite Kate Hudson (I) in Merchant/Ivory's adaptation of the Diane Johnson (I) novel Le divorce (2003). Subsequently, Watts' creative acting abilities have continued to grow and deepen. She has been cast in an array of films with only the best directors and actors and continues to stun critics and amaze filmgoers with her versatility and range.
- Is a vegetarian.
- She met 'Heath Ledger' (qv) on the set of the new historical epic movie _Ned Kelly (2003)_ (qv), and the pair dated until May 2004. He accompanied her to the 2004 Oscar Ceremony.
- Featured on the cover of the Australian Empire Magazine March 2003 for Women of the Year 2002.
- Best friends with 'Nicole Kidman' (qv), since a casting call for commercial when they were girls.
- Considers herself to be both British and Australian.
- Accepted the role for _21 Grams (2003)_ (qv) without reading the script first.
- Favorite sports to watch are soccer, boxing, and tennis.
- When she was 20 years old, she was an assistant editor at "Follow Me" magazine in Australia. After a friend begged her to try acting, she quit her job instead and never looked back.