Sep. 28th, 1968
Shoreham, Kent, England, UK
Naomi Watts' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Shoreham, England and raised in Australia, Naomi Watts has been working actively in the film industry for 15 years. After she moved to Hollywood, she worked regularly, acting in small roles in film projects she was less than enthusiastic about. Finally, her big break came when she was contacted to audition for a coveted spot in David Lynch (I)'s Mulholland Dr. (2001). Her star-turning performance in the dual role of Betty Elms/Diane Selwyn has garnered an array of critic's awards and the attention of some major players in Hollywood and beyond. Watts is now enjoying greater choice of film roles and played (with great success)the lead in Gore Verbinski's remake of the Japanese horror classic The Ring (2002). She also starred opposite Kate Hudson (I) in Merchant/Ivory's adaptation of the Diane Johnson (I) novel Le divorce (2003). Subsequently, Watts' creative acting abilities have continued to grow and deepen. She has been cast in an array of films with only the best directors and actors and continues to stun critics and amaze filmgoers with her versatility and range.
- (2006): Model for David Yurman
- Was 'Fernando Meirelles (I)' (qv)'s first choice for the role of Tessa Quayle in _The Constant Gardener (2005)_ (qv), but she declined due to her commitment to _King Kong (2005)_ (qv). 'Rachel Weisz' (qv) was then given the role.
- Her mother Miv Watts is an interior designer.
- Director 'David Lynch (I)' (qv) asked her to be in the movie _Mulholland Dr. (2001)_ (qv) after picking out her headshot from a stack of actors.
- Her parents divorced when she was four.
- Her father died when she was seven.
- She has a Yorkshire terrier named Bob.
- She met 'Heath Ledger' (qv) on the set of the new historical epic movie _Ned Kelly (2003)_ (qv), and the pair dated until May 2004. He accompanied her to the 2004 Oscar Ceremony.