Sep. 28th, 1968
Shoreham, Kent, England, UK
Naomi Watts' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Shoreham, England and raised in Australia, Naomi Watts has been working actively in the film industry for 15 years. After she moved to Hollywood, she worked regularly, acting in small roles in film projects she was less than enthusiastic about. Finally, her big break came when she was contacted to audition for a coveted spot in David Lynch (I)'s Mulholland Dr. (2001). Her star-turning performance in the dual role of Betty Elms/Diane Selwyn has garnered an array of critic's awards and the attention of some major players in Hollywood and beyond. Watts is now enjoying greater choice of film roles and played (with great success)the lead in Gore Verbinski's remake of the Japanese horror classic The Ring (2002). She also starred opposite Kate Hudson (I) in Merchant/Ivory's adaptation of the Diane Johnson (I) novel Le divorce (2003). Subsequently, Watts' creative acting abilities have continued to grow and deepen. She has been cast in an array of films with only the best directors and actors and continues to stun critics and amaze filmgoers with her versatility and range.
- Was accompanied by her boyfriend 'Liev Schreiber' (qv) to the _King Kong (2005)_ (qv) US-premiere.
- Considers herself to be both British and Australian.
- Godmother of 'Simon Baker (I)' (qv) and 'Rebecca Rigg' (qv)'s son Claude.
- Starred in and produced 2001's _Ellie Parker (2001)_ (qv), which was made into a kind of cult classic about a struggling actress in Hollywood and the nightmares she encountered. The movie resurfaced in 2005 at the SunDance Film Festival and is set to be re-released in December of 2005.
- The maniacal laughter heard in the 'Pink Floyd' (qv) song "Money" is her father's, 'Peter Watts (VI)' (qv), the band's then road manager.
- Was voted #29 on AskMen.com's Most Desirable Women of 2006.
- Her favorite actresses are 'Meryl Streep' (qv), 'Jodie Foster' (qv) and 'Julianne Moore (I)' (qv). For music, her favorite artists/bands are 'Fiona Apple' (qv), 'Coldplay' (qv), 'Björk (I)' (qv), 'Radiohead' (qv), 'Cat Stevens' (qv) and 'Pink Floyd' (qv).
- When she was 20 years old, she was an assistant editor at "Follow Me" magazine in Australia. After a friend begged her to try acting, she quit her job instead and never looked back.