Sep. 28th, 1968
Shoreham, Kent, England, UK
Naomi Watts' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Shoreham, England and raised in Australia, Naomi Watts has been working actively in the film industry for 15 years. After she moved to Hollywood, she worked regularly, acting in small roles in film projects she was less than enthusiastic about. Finally, her big break came when she was contacted to audition for a coveted spot in David Lynch (I)'s Mulholland Dr. (2001). Her star-turning performance in the dual role of Betty Elms/Diane Selwyn has garnered an array of critic's awards and the attention of some major players in Hollywood and beyond. Watts is now enjoying greater choice of film roles and played (with great success)the lead in Gore Verbinski's remake of the Japanese horror classic The Ring (2002). She also starred opposite Kate Hudson (I) in Merchant/Ivory's adaptation of the Diane Johnson (I) novel Le divorce (2003). Subsequently, Watts' creative acting abilities have continued to grow and deepen. She has been cast in an array of films with only the best directors and actors and continues to stun critics and amaze filmgoers with her versatility and range.
- Naomi and 'Liev Schreiber' (qv) became the parents of a boy, Alexander Pete Schreiber, on July 25, 2007 in Los Angeles. Alexander weighed in at 8 lbs. 4 oz., and is 22-1/2 inches (Alexander is named for his grandfather and Peter is named for her father, 'Peter Watts (VI)' (qv)).
- When her cell phone sounds, it plays 'Pink Floyd' (qv)'s "Money".
- Was among the guests at 'Nicole Kidman' (qv)'s and 'Keith Urban (II)' (qv)'s wedding
- When she was 20 years old, she was an assistant editor at "Follow Me" magazine in Australia. After a friend begged her to try acting, she quit her job instead and never looked back.
- Moved in with best friend 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) after Kidman spilt up from husband 'Tom Cruise' (qv).
- She met 'Heath Ledger' (qv) on the set of the new historical epic movie _Ned Kelly (2003)_ (qv), and the pair dated until May 2004. He accompanied her to the 2004 Oscar Ceremony.
- Her brother, 'Ben Watts (II)' (qv), is a well-known photographer. He's been living in the US since 1994.
- Is good friends with actor 'Mark Ruffalo' (qv) and his wife 'Sunrise Coigney' (qv).