Sep. 28th, 1968
Shoreham, Kent, England, UK
Naomi Watts' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Shoreham, England and raised in Australia, Naomi Watts has been working actively in the film industry for 15 years. After she moved to Hollywood, she worked regularly, acting in small roles in film projects she was less than enthusiastic about. Finally, her big break came when she was contacted to audition for a coveted spot in David Lynch (I)'s Mulholland Dr. (2001). Her star-turning performance in the dual role of Betty Elms/Diane Selwyn has garnered an array of critic's awards and the attention of some major players in Hollywood and beyond. Watts is now enjoying greater choice of film roles and played (with great success)the lead in Gore Verbinski's remake of the Japanese horror classic The Ring (2002). She also starred opposite Kate Hudson (I) in Merchant/Ivory's adaptation of the Diane Johnson (I) novel Le divorce (2003). Subsequently, Watts' creative acting abilities have continued to grow and deepen. She has been cast in an array of films with only the best directors and actors and continues to stun critics and amaze filmgoers with her versatility and range.
- Grandparents: Hugh & Nikki Roberts
- When shooting a movie, uses a specific song to get herself ready for each scene.
- Named #99 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- Director 'David Lynch (I)' (qv) asked her to be in the movie _Mulholland Dr. (2001)_ (qv) after picking out her headshot from a stack of actors.
- Was accompanied by her boyfriend 'Liev Schreiber' (qv) to the _King Kong (2005)_ (qv) US-premiere.
- Naomi and 'Liev Schreiber' (qv) became the parents of a boy, Alexander Pete Schreiber, on July 25, 2007 in Los Angeles. Alexander weighed in at 8 lbs. 4 oz., and is 22-1/2 inches (Alexander is named for his grandfather and Peter is named for her father, 'Peter Watts (VI)' (qv)).
- Gave birth to her second child, a boy named Samuel Kai, on December 13, 2008. He weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz.
- Turned down the role of "Susan Storm" (Invisible Girl) in _Fantastic Four (2005)_ (qv). 'Jessica Alba' (qv) later got the part.