Oct. 25th, 1957
Kettering, Ohio, USA
Nancy Cartwright's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nancy Cartwright is an American film and television actress, comedian and voice artist.
She is best known for her long-running role as Bart Simpson on the animated television series The Simpsons.
- Her character, Bart Simpson, was rated number 2 in Comedy Central's newest show 'Mouthing Off: 51 Greatest Smartasses'.
- Children, with 'Warren Murphy' (qv), Lucy Mae and Jackson.
- Fittingly her character Ethel in _Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)_ (qv) - years before her role as Bart Simpson - is "wished" into a television set where she is chased around and then eaten alive by a cartoon monster.
- Was friends with 'Daws Butler' (qv), the voice of Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and hundreds of others. They regularly exchanged letters, and soon he was addressing her "Dear Pixie." He sent her scripts to record, and then critiqued the tapes she returned. At 12, she joined a children's theatre company and made her first stage debut in "An Old-Fashioned Christmas". The director asked her to join his summer theatre group. She traveled with them for four years. As a senior, she was president of the Forensic League at Fairmont West High school.
- Was offered the chance to do the female voices for _"South Park" (1997)_ (qv), but turned it down because she felt the show was too offensive.
- Like many tourists, Cartwright attempted to disturb the notoriously unflappable guards at Buckingham Palace in London. When she blurted, "What's happening man, I'm Bart Simpson, dude!", she succeeded.
- Appointed Honorary Mayor of Northridge, California, USA (2005)
- For her birthday, a 1992 episode of "The Simpsons" featured its opening of Bart writing as punishment on the chalkboard, "I am *not* a 35-year-old woman.".