Oct. 25th, 1957
Kettering, Ohio, USA
Nancy Cartwright's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Simpsons Movie
2003 - Rugrats Go Wild
1998 - Godzilla
1989 - The Little Mermaid
1988 - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
1987 - The Chipmunk Adventure
1986 - My Little Pony: The Movie
1985 - Flesh+Blood
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
Guest TV Roles
Chuckie Finster (Voiced)
Rudy Mookich (Voiced)
Additional Voices (Voiced)
Heidi Funnybunny (Voiced)
Bart Simpson (Voiced)
Phantasmo: Experiment 375 (Voiced)
Nelson Muntz (Voiced)
Bart Simpson (Voiced)
Nancy Cartwright is an American film and television actress, comedian and voice artist.
She is best known for her long-running role as Bart Simpson on the animated television series The Simpsons.
- Children, with 'Warren Murphy' (qv), Lucy Mae and Jackson.
- The segment of _Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)_ (qv) in which she appears is based on the same episode that was later parodied in a "Simpsons" Halloween special.
- Was friends with 'Daws Butler' (qv), the voice of Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and hundreds of others. They regularly exchanged letters, and soon he was addressing her "Dear Pixie." He sent her scripts to record, and then critiqued the tapes she returned. At 12, she joined a children's theatre company and made her first stage debut in "An Old-Fashioned Christmas". The director asked her to join his summer theatre group. She traveled with them for four years. As a senior, she was president of the Forensic League at Fairmont West High school.
- Attended Ohio University from 1976-1978 as an interpersonal communication major and was awarded the Cutler Scholarship for academic excellence and leadership.
- Was offered the chance to do the female voices for _"South Park" (1997)_ (qv), but turned it down because she felt the show was too offensive.
- Appointed Honorary Mayor of Northridge, California, USA (2005)
- Originally auditioned for the part of Lisa Simpson on The Simpsons (1989) but asked to read for Bart because she thought Bart was funnier.
- Fittingly her character Ethel in _Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)_ (qv) - years before her role as Bart Simpson - is "wished" into a television set where she is chased around and then eaten alive by a cartoon monster.