Oct. 25th, 1957
Kettering, Ohio, USA
Nancy Cartwright's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nancy Cartwright is an American film and television actress, comedian and voice artist.
She is best known for her long-running role as Bart Simpson on the animated television series The Simpsons.
- She met the future Supervising Director of _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv), 'David Silverman (I)' (qv), when they were both students in UCLA's Art Department in the late 1970s. They jokingly made an agreement they would one day work on a show together, but didn't find out their deal came through until they saw the credits of the first episode of the series.
- Like many tourists, Cartwright attempted to disturb the notoriously unflappable guards at Buckingham Palace in London. When she blurted, "What's happening man, I'm Bart Simpson, dude!", she succeeded.
- Her character, Bart Simpson, was rated number 2 in Comedy Central's newest show 'Mouthing Off: 51 Greatest Smartasses'.
- The segment of _Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)_ (qv) in which she appears is based on the same episode that was later parodied in a "Simpsons" Halloween special.
- Appointed Honorary Mayor of Northridge, California, USA (2005)
- Attended Ohio University from 1976-1978 as an interpersonal communication major and was awarded the Cutler Scholarship for academic excellence and leadership.
- Was friends with 'Daws Butler' (qv), the voice of Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and hundreds of others. They regularly exchanged letters, and soon he was addressing her "Dear Pixie." He sent her scripts to record, and then critiqued the tapes she returned. At 12, she joined a children's theatre company and made her first stage debut in "An Old-Fashioned Christmas". The director asked her to join his summer theatre group. She traveled with them for four years. As a senior, she was president of the Forensic League at Fairmont West High school.
- Fittingly her character Ethel in _Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)_ (qv) - years before her role as Bart Simpson - is "wished" into a television set where she is chased around and then eaten alive by a cartoon monster.