Oct. 25th, 1957
Kettering, Ohio, USA
Nancy Cartwright's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Simpsons Movie
2003 - Rugrats Go Wild
1998 - Godzilla
1989 - The Little Mermaid
1988 - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
1987 - The Chipmunk Adventure
1986 - My Little Pony: The Movie
1985 - Flesh+Blood
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
Guest TV Roles
Chuckie Finster (Voiced)
Rudy Mookich (Voiced)
Additional Voices (Voiced)
Heidi Funnybunny (Voiced)
Bart Simpson (Voiced)
Phantasmo: Experiment 375 (Voiced)
Nelson Muntz (Voiced)
Bart Simpson (Voiced)
Nancy Cartwright is an American film and television actress, comedian and voice artist.
She is best known for her long-running role as Bart Simpson on the animated television series The Simpsons.
- Originally auditioned for the part of Lisa Simpson on The Simpsons (1989) but asked to read for Bart because she thought Bart was funnier.
- Children, with 'Warren Murphy' (qv), Lucy Mae and Jackson.
- For her birthday, a 1992 episode of "The Simpsons" featured its opening of Bart writing as punishment on the chalkboard, "I am *not* a 35-year-old woman.".
- She met the future Supervising Director of _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv), 'David Silverman (I)' (qv), when they were both students in UCLA's Art Department in the late 1970s. They jokingly made an agreement they would one day work on a show together, but didn't find out their deal came through until they saw the credits of the first episode of the series.
- Was friends with 'Daws Butler' (qv), the voice of Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and hundreds of others. They regularly exchanged letters, and soon he was addressing her "Dear Pixie." He sent her scripts to record, and then critiqued the tapes she returned. At 12, she joined a children's theatre company and made her first stage debut in "An Old-Fashioned Christmas". The director asked her to join his summer theatre group. She traveled with them for four years. As a senior, she was president of the Forensic League at Fairmont West High school.
- Her character, Bart Simpson, was rated number 2 in Comedy Central's newest show 'Mouthing Off: 51 Greatest Smartasses'.
- When she auditioned for _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv), she was rehearsing for the voice of "Lisa Simpson", not "Bart Simpson". During final preparations while reading the script, she realized she could do "Bart Simpson"'s voice.
- Appointed Honorary Mayor of Northridge, California, USA (2005)