Oct. 10th, 1978
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
5' 5 1/2"
Mya's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Love for Sale
2007 - Cover
2005 - Cursed
2004 - Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
2004 - Shall We Dance
2002 - Chicago
1999 - In Too Deep
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Contestant
Herself - Musical Guest
- Is a vegan.
- Parents are Sherman and Theresa. Younger brothers are Chaz and Nijel.
- Got her start as a tap dancer.
- Studied tap under 'Savion Glover' (qv) of "Bring On Da Noise, Bring On Da Funk" and has performed at places such as the Kennedy Center, Lincoln Center, Smithsonian and the Shakespeare Theater.
- Recorded a new version of the 'Patti LaBelle' (qv) hit "Lady Marmalade" along with 'Pink (I)' (qv), 'Christina Aguilera' (qv) and 'Kimberly 'Lil' Kim' Jones' (qv) for the _Moulin Rouge! (2001)_ (qv) soundtrack.
- Professional singer
- Is from the Washington, DC metropolitan area, the same Metro area as 'Sandra Bullock' (qv), 'Alan Heitz' (qv), 'Martin Lawrence (I)' (qv), 'Dave Chappelle' (qv), 'Regina Hall (I)' (qv) and 'Dwayne Winstead' (qv).
- Once tap-danced on stage with famous tap-dancer 'Gregory Hines' (qv).