May. 21st, 1952
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mr. T's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
2006 - Rocky Balboa
2002 - Undercover Brother
2001 - Not Another Teen Movie
1999 - Inspector Gadget
1996 - Spy Hard
1993 - Freaked
1985 - Rocky IV
1983 - D.C. Cab
1982 - Rocky III
1982 - Young Doctors in Love
1980 - The Blues Brothers
Guest TV Roles
Mr. T-Rex (Voiced)
Mr. Gruff (Voiced)
Involved in the world of pro wrestling in 1985-86 and 1994-95. Was Hulk Hogan's tag team partner at the first WrestleMania (1985) (V), defeating the team of Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper on March 31, 1985. His feud with Piper continued into WrestleMania 2 (1986) (V), when he defeated Piper in a boxing match by disqualification. Mr. T returned to the WWF as a special guest referee in 1987, then disappeared from the wrestling world. Seven years later, he reappeared as a special referee for a Hogan-Ric Flair match, in October 1994. He stayed with Hogan for a few matches before returning to obscurity.
- He had a daughter in 1971 with Phyllis Clark.
- When he and 'Hulk Hogan' (qv) appeared in 1985 on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), they were promoting the World Wrestling Federation's _WrestleMania (1985) (V)_ (qv) pay-per-view show. They stayed mostly in character, but during a "Fernando's Hideaway" segment ('Billy Crystal' (qv) ), were unable to do so during most of that skit.
- Doesn't drink alcoholic beverages.
- 'Hulk Hogan' (qv) wrote in his autobiography that Mr. T almost ruined the main event of the first Wrestlemania, because when he arrived, security would not let his entourage into the building. Mr. T was ready to skip the show until Hogan personally talked him out of leaving.
- (2001) Occasionally appears as 'Conan O'Brien' (qv)'s special guest and partner in various comedy sketches on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv).
- Once worked as a bouncer and a bodyguard to 'Steve McQueen (I)' (qv), 'Muhammad Ali (I)' (qv) & 'Diana Ross (I)' (qv).
- Was once parodied on the animated GI Joe series of the 1980s with a character called "Mr. C", who was a spokesman for the evil COBRA cable network (the character then joined GI Joe after the COBRA cable3 network was destroyed).
- While a homeowner in Lake Forest, Illinois, he clearcut 100 acres of trees located on his property, igniting a feud with neighbors and town officials. Because of his actions, landowners of the town are prohibited from cutting down trees, even on their own property, without a permit.