May. 21st, 1952
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mr. T's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Involved in the world of pro wrestling in 1985-86 and 1994-95. Was Hulk Hogan's tag team partner at the first WrestleMania (1985) (V), defeating the team of Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper on March 31, 1985. His feud with Piper continued into WrestleMania 2 (1986) (V), when he defeated Piper in a boxing match by disqualification. Mr. T returned to the WWF as a special guest referee in 1987, then disappeared from the wrestling world. Seven years later, he reappeared as a special referee for a Hogan-Ric Flair match, in October 1994. He stayed with Hogan for a few matches before returning to obscurity.
- Compiled a 4-0 Shoot-Wrestling Record.
- Has frequented 'Harry Caray' (qv)'s restaurant in Chicago. One waiter described Mr. T as a generous tipper who would bring his own golden eating utensils. Often, he'd bring his mother with him. While Mr. T was friendly toward would-be autograph seekers, there was one cardinal rule: do NOT disturb him while he was eating.
- Stopped wearing his trademark gold chains as of last year (2005) because of the Katrina devastation.
- Previous occupations include gym teacher, military policeman, bouncer and bodyguard.
- Mr. T is the father of three children - Lesa, 29; Erika, 21; and T Junior, 14.
- When he and 'Hulk Hogan' (qv) appeared in 1985 on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), they were promoting the World Wrestling Federation's _WrestleMania (1985) (V)_ (qv) pay-per-view show. They stayed mostly in character, but during a "Fernando's Hideaway" segment ('Billy Crystal' (qv) ), were unable to do so during most of that skit.
- Boxed 'ACE' Cowboy 'Bob Orton' (qv) on WWF's Saturday Night Main Event in 1985 and was subsequentially whipped by Orton and Rowdy 'Roddy Piper' (qv) with a belt.
- Doesn't drink alcoholic beverages.