May. 21st, 1952
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mr. T's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
2006 - Rocky Balboa
2004 - Judgment
2002 - Undercover Brother
2001 - Not Another Teen Movie
1999 - Inspector Gadget
1996 - Spy Hard
1993 - Freaked
1985 - Rocky IV
1983 - D.C. Cab
1982 - Rocky III
1980 - The Blues Brothers
Guest TV Roles
Mr. T-Rex (Voiced)
Mr. T (Voiced)
Mr. T (Voiced)
Involved in the world of pro wrestling in 1985-86 and 1994-95. Was Hulk Hogan's tag team partner at the first WrestleMania (1985) (V), defeating the team of Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper on March 31, 1985. His feud with Piper continued into WrestleMania 2 (1986) (V), when he defeated Piper in a boxing match by disqualification. Mr. T returned to the WWF as a special guest referee in 1987, then disappeared from the wrestling world. Seven years later, he reappeared as a special referee for a Hogan-Ric Flair match, in October 1994. He stayed with Hogan for a few matches before returning to obscurity.
- Mr. T is the father of three children - Lesa, 29; Erika, 21; and T Junior, 14.
- Doesn't drink alcoholic beverages.
- Compiled a 4-0 Shoot-Wrestling Record.
- Boxed 'ACE' Cowboy 'Bob Orton' (qv) on WWF's Saturday Night Main Event in 1985 and was subsequentially whipped by Orton and Rowdy 'Roddy Piper' (qv) with a belt.
- He was twice named America's Toughest Bouncer.
- Derived his signature hair-do when an attempt to shave his hair into a "T" failed. He adopted the mohawk look instead, taken from a National Geographic photo of a Mandika warrior in Mali.
- Voted by a BBC-run poll the fourth most influential American in history, behind Homer Simpson, 'Abraham Lincoln (I)' (qv) and 'Martin Luther King' (qv).
- Once worked as a bouncer and a bodyguard to 'Steve McQueen (I)' (qv), 'Muhammad Ali (I)' (qv) & 'Diana Ross (I)' (qv).