Jan. 1st, 1969
Cerritos, California, USA
Morris Chestnut's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - The Call
2013 - The Best Man Holiday
2013 - Identity Thief
2012 - Think Like A Man
2012 - Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Walls
2009 - Not Easily Broken
2007 - The Game Plan
2007 - The Perfect Holiday
2005 - The Cave
2004 - Ladder 49
2004 - Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid
2003 - Confidence
2002 - Like Mike
2002 - Half Past Dead
2002 - Half Past Dead
2001 - Two Can Play That Game
2001 - The Brothers
2001 - Scenes of the Crime
1997 - G.I. Jane
1995 - Higher Learning
1995 - Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
1994 - The Inkwell
1991 - The Last Boy Scout
Guest TV Roles[none found]
A tall, handsome, and versatile black actor, Morris Chestnut first came to be recognized by moviegoers starring as Ricky in Boyz n the Hood (1991), a role where he played a high school running back using his football skills to escape the violent surroundings of his South Central Los Angeles neighborhood. His half brother was played by 'Ice Cube' who, in the movie, did not have the same motivation. Two years later, he landed a lead role in Civil Rights Drama The Ernest Green Story (1993), a movie where he showed courage and perseverance as one of the Arkansas Nine high school students.
He later starred in Action flicks Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995) and G.I. Jane (1997), and Half Past Dead (2002). Recently, he has been more involved with romantic comedies, starring in The Best Man (1999), The Brothers (2001), Two Can Play That Game (2001), and Breakin' All the Rules (2004). This year, 2004, he will also be starring in Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (2004), and Ladder 49 (2004).
- Winner of the 1998 Madden Bowl, beating other celebrity talent as well as NFL stars in a tournament of John Madden Football.
- Had a cameo appearance, but was uncredited, in the movie _Higher Learning (1995)_ (qv) as one of the track runners on the team.
- Purchased $1.5 million estate in suburban Los Angeles.
- Is an excellent Texas Hold 'Em poker player. Recently (2005), held his own against 6 established poker professionals in a made for TV tournament.
- Has worked with 'Steven Seagal' (qv) twice. He was both Seagal's character's partner and main enemy. In _Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995)_ (qv), Chestnut is Seagal's character's reluctant partner. In _Half Past Dead (2002)_ (qv), he co-starred as the main villain.
- Is a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated.