Feb. 3rd, 1950
Dallas, Texas, USA
Morgan Fairchild's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - Dark Power
2009 - The Slammin' Salmon
2007 - Walk Hard - The Dewey Cox Story
2006 - Shock to the System
1999 - Nice Guys Sleep Alone
1998 - Holy Man
1997 - Bimbo Movie Bash
1994 - Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult
1993 - Freaked
1987 - Sleeping Beauty
1985 - Pee-wee's Big Adventure
1982 - The Seduction
1970 - A Bullet for Pretty Boy
Guest TV Roles
Nora Tyler Bing
Dr. Honey Woodcomb
"You can never be too rich or too thin". This elegant lady defined the TV version of the rich, sophisticated businesswoman who knows what she wants, and will do whatever it takes to get it.
Patsy Ann McClenny (born February 3, 1950) in Dallas, Texas. She began acting as a child, when her mother enrolled her in drama lessons after she was too shy to give a book report in class. From the age of 10, she performed in children's plays. Later she would do dinner theater and stock productions in Dallas. She chose Morgan as a stage name. In 1973, Morgan decided to pursue a career in television; just 6 weeks after moving to New York she landed the key role of Jennifer in the daytime series Search for Tomorrow (1951); she stayed on until 1977.
Morgan moved to Los Angeles, where she originated the role of Jenna Wade on the wildly popular nighttime soap Dallas (1978) (Jenna was later portrayed by 'Priscilla Presley'). Morgan made numerous guest appearances on TV series. She played Constance (Weldon) Carlyle in Flamingo Road (1981), and she was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actress; that was her breakout show that propelled her to stardom.
Morgan continued to perform in live theater, her acclaimed portrayal of Skye in the off-Broadway comedy Geniuses helped make it one of the "Top Ten Plays" of the year according to Time Magazine and the New York Times. Other stage appearances have included productions of Goodbye Charlie and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. On TV, she played the naughty Racine in the series Paper Dolls (1984) in 1984. Later, she starred in the TV series Falcon Crest (1981) from 1985-86, having made a niche for herself playing ambitious beauties. Morgan received an Emmy nomination for a special episode of Murphy Brown (1988).
Morgan has shared some of her beauty secrets by authoring the book "Super Loo
ks" which is a complete guide that includes makeup, exercise, and diet tips. Morgan is a member of the Entertainment Industry AIDS Task Force. She is an active speaker on environmental issues and helped found the Environmental Communications Office, which encourages entertainment industry professionals to become better educated and more active on environmental issues. Morgan is a collector of movie memorabilia (particularly anything about 'Marilyn Monroe') and antique clothing. She is a ballet fan and is also interested in anthropology and paleontology; Morgan is truly a brainy beauty.
- Measurements: 33-25-31 (in 1980), 34D-25-32 (post-implants), (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)
- Mother: Martha Jane Hartt McClenny, English teacher at Richardson High School in Richardson, Texas. Died May 4, 1999 (complications from stroke).
- Older sister of actress 'Cathryn Hartt' (qv).
- Is a 1967 graduate of Lake Highlands High School in Dallas, Texas.
- She was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame in March 2008 in Austin, Texas.
- Served as Grand Marshal at the St. Louis Pridefest Parade on June 25, 2006.
- One of three actors to play "Jenna Wade" (Bobby Ewing's former girlfriend) on _"Dallas" (1978)_ (qv).
- First professional job was acting as 'Faye Dunaway' (qv)'s double during the location filming of _Bonnie and Clyde (1967)_ (qv). A native Texan, Morgan was later considered for the 'Cybill Shepherd' (qv) role in _The Last Picture Show (1971)_ (qv), competing alongside 'Sissy Spacek' (qv).