May. 28th, 1979
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Monica Keena's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Monica Keena was born in New Jersey on May 28, 1979, to Bill and Mary Keena and was little sister to Samantha, the Keenas' first daughter. Growing up, Monica shone in all things arts. Dance, singing, acting, and drawing. At 13, Keena enrolled in the prestigious LaGuardia school for acting and made it. At age 15, she had a small role in her first film, and that was followed by a series of TV movies such as First Daughter (1999) (TV) and the A Promise Kept: The Oksana Baiul Story (1994) (TV). Monica starred in her first movie, Ripe (1996), at 16 and considers that her favorite role as of now. In 1998, she premiered on the WB's "Dawson's Creek" (1998) as truth telling Abby Morgan and later left the show when she "got bored playing one character."
Today Monica continues to make movies like Freddy vs. Jason (2003), Cheer Up, and Fifty Pills (2006). In her free time, she enjoys skating.
- Monica has always found an outlet for her creativity. As a child, she immersed herself in classes, determined to perfect her craft in drawing, painting, singing and dance
- Enjoys writing and is an English major.
- She has performed at the Heights Players in Brooklyn in Little Women (as Beth) and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe as Lucy (alongside actor 'Tim Realbuto' (qv)).
- As a young child, she was always drawing, painting, dancing and singing.
- Says that her film _Ripe (1996)_ (qv) is the movie that she is most proud of.
- Has a fear of the dark.
- Her favorite actress is Judy Garland and her favorite movie is _The Wizard of Oz (1939)_ (qv).
- Her parents enrolled her in prep schools to keep her sheltered from the "wild life", little did they know that would lead her on a string of rebellion through her early teens.