May. 28th, 1979
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Monica Keena's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Monica Keena was born in New Jersey on May 28, 1979, to Bill and Mary Keena and was little sister to Samantha, the Keenas' first daughter. Growing up, Monica shone in all things arts. Dance, singing, acting, and drawing. At 13, Keena enrolled in the prestigious LaGuardia school for acting and made it. At age 15, she had a small role in her first film, and that was followed by a series of TV movies such as First Daughter (1999) (TV) and the A Promise Kept: The Oksana Baiul Story (1994) (TV). Monica starred in her first movie, Ripe (1996), at 16 and considers that her favorite role as of now. In 1998, she premiered on the WB's "Dawson's Creek" (1998) as truth telling Abby Morgan and later left the show when she "got bored playing one character."
Today Monica continues to make movies like Freddy vs. Jason (2003), Cheer Up, and Fifty Pills (2006). In her free time, she enjoys skating.
- She took her grandmother to the _Freddy vs. Jason (2003)_ (qv) premiere.
- Is friends with actress 'Meredith Monroe' (qv).
- Character Rachel Lindquist was based on her.
- Won an award in 7th grade for reciting the poem "Casey at the Bat".
- Was raised in Brooklyn, New York, and still lives in the city.
- Favorite shows are _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv) and _"Charmed" (1998)_ (qv).
- Monica auditioned for acceptance into LaGuardia High School of Performing Arts, made famous around the world by _"Fame" (1982)_ (qv). She was accepted into both the vocal and dramatic arts department, choosing drama as her preference.
- Has been rollerskating and skatebording since a young child.