May. 28th, 1979
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Monica Keena's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Night of the Demons
2008 - Corporate Affairs
2008 - Loaded
2007 - Brooklyn Rules
2006 - Fifty Pills
2003 - Freddy vs. Jason
2002 - Orange County
1998 - Strike!
1997 - Snow White: A Tale of Terror
1995 - While You Were Sleeping
Guest TV Roles[Complete List]
Monica Keena was born in New Jersey on May 28, 1979, to Bill and Mary Keena and was little sister to Samantha, the Keenas' first daughter. Growing up, Monica shone in all things arts. Dance, singing, acting, and drawing. At 13, Keena enrolled in the prestigious LaGuardia school for acting and made it. At age 15, she had a small role in her first film, and that was followed by a series of TV movies such as First Daughter (1999) (TV) and the A Promise Kept: The Oksana Baiul Story (1994) (TV). Monica starred in her first movie, Ripe (1996), at 16 and considers that her favorite role as of now. In 1998, she premiered on the WB's "Dawson's Creek" (1998) as truth telling Abby Morgan and later left the show when she "got bored playing one character."
Today Monica continues to make movies like Freddy vs. Jason (2003), Cheer Up, and Fifty Pills (2006). In her free time, she enjoys skating.
- Enjoys writing and is an English major.
- Gives 'Kathy Bates (I)' (qv) and 'Jennifer Jason Leigh' (qv) credit for her still being in the acting business.
- Did a screen test with 'Al Pacino' (qv).
- Has a fear of the dark.
- Won an award in 7th grade for reciting the poem "Casey at the Bat".
- Posed for Maxim, Stuff Magazine and FHM.
- Is friends with actress 'Meredith Monroe' (qv).
- Has been rollerskating and skatebording since a young child.