Apr. 5th, 1952
Portland, Oregon, USA
6' 1 1/2
Mitch Pileggi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Flash of Genius
2007 - Man in the Chair
2000 - Gun Shy
2000 - Takedown
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1995 - Vampire in Brooklyn
1994 - It's Pat
1992 - Basic Instinct
1989 - Shocker
1988 - Return of the Living Dead Part II
1987 - Three O'Clock High
Guest TV Roles
Saunder's Henchman #2
D.E.A. Agent Jack Hammond
Dr. Stanton (Voiced)
Mitch Pileggi was born in Portland, Oregon, but his childhood saw him move to California, Texas, and eventually Turkey, because of his father's work as a defense contractor. He was an active athlete in high school, but ended up taking a business degree from the University of Texas. At one point he also worked as a defense contractor, but the Iranian revolution in 1979 forced him to flee to Greece.
Upon returning to the United States, Pileggi decided to pursue an acting career, something he's done since high school. His first major roles arrived in the late 1980s, beginning with 1987's Three O'Clock High.
His biggest break came in 1994, however, when he joined the cast of the cult hit The X Files. Originally slated to be a recurring character, FBI deputy Walter Skinner became a critical part of the series. It is a role Pileggi would reprise on the big screen twice, in 1998 and 2008.
Pileggi was also part of short-lived shows Tarzan and The Mountain, and held recurring roles in Grey's Anatomy, Day Break, Sons of Anarchy, Supernatural, and most recently, Medium. He has also done some voice work, notably for the animated series The Batman, and as the narrator of Breaking the Magicians' Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed.
Pileggi has been married twice, and has a daughter with his second wife, Arlene Warren.
- In real life, Mitch Pileggi (Skinner) met his wife 'Arlene Warren' (qv) on the set of _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv) while she was stand-in to 'Gillian Anderson (I)' (qv) (Scully). In later episodes, Warren got some screen time--as Skinner's secretary, named Arlene.
- 'David Duchovny' (qv) was best man at his wedding.
- Pileggi was working as a defense contractor in Isfahan, Iran, about two weeks before 'Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi' (qv) was deposed, in 1979. Due to strained relations between Iran and the United States, the company he worked for was evacuating the employees on a Pan American flight. Pileggi said in a 2008 radio interview that for some reason, possibly for a supernormal reason, he booked his own flight with Swiss Air, on the plane that would be the last out of the country for many days. They were supposed to land in Baghdad, Iraq, but a thunderstorm prevented any landings, so the pilot flew them to Athens, Greece. Pileggi said, "I think we got there on fumes.".
- Besides 'David Duchovny' (qv) and 'Gillian Anderson (I)' (qv), he is the only other actor to appear in _"The X Files" (1993)_ (qv), _The X Files (1998)_ (qv) and _The X Files: I Want to Believe (2008)_ (qv).
- Daughter Sawyer Pileggi was born May 24, 1998.
- Mitch and his wife Arlene were married in Hawaii on Christmas Break 1996.
- Graduated from the University of Texas at Austin.