Jan. 31st, 1970
London, England, UK
Minnie Driver's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Amelia Fiona J. Driver was born January 31, 1970 in Finsbury Park, London. Her mother, Gaynor Churchyard, was a designer and former couture model and her father, Ronnie Driver, was a businessman. She has a sister, Kate Driver, who's a model and a producer. Minnie's mother was her father's mistress. Her father's wife did not know about his second family. She has Irish, Scottish, Italian and French ancestry. She was raised in Barbados.
Her first major role was in the film Circle of Friends (1995)opposite 'Chris ODonnell (I) and Colin Firth. In the next few years she had roles in films such has GoldenEye (1995), Sleepers (1996) and Grosse Pointe Blank (1997). In 1997 she starred in the popular and financially successful film Good Will Hunting (1997) opposite Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, who also wrote the screenplay for the film and received Oscars for their achievement. The film also earned Minnie an Oscar nomination for best actress in a supporting role.
She had a noted recurring role on "Will & Grace" (1998) in 2003-2004 and also appeared in films such as An Ideal Husband (1999), Return to Me (2000), Owning Mahowny (2003), Ella Enchanted (2004), The Phantom of the Opera (2004), Delirious (2006) and Take (2007). She now stars in the popular Tv-series "The Riches" (2007) opposite Eddie Izzard.
Minnie has been romantically linked with several of her co-stars, including Matt Damon and John Cusack. She was engaged to marry Josh Brolin before they broke up suddenly in 2001. In the last few years she has kept her private life, private. On March 13, 2008, during an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992), she announced that she was expecting her first child. On September 5, 2008, she gave birth to a boy named Henry Story Driver. The name of the baby's father has not been revealed.
- The name Minnie was a childhood nickname.
- (April 2001) Officially announced her engagement to boyfriend, actor 'Josh Brolin' (qv).
- Worked as a jazz singer and guitarist in London.
- She is an avid surfer (hence living by the beach) as revealed on _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv).
- Completed her debut album, 'Everything I've Got In My Pocket' (2004)
- Her sister, 'Kate Driver' (qv), is a model.
- Announced on _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv) on March 13, 2008 that she is pregnant with her first child.
- (Oct 2001) Announced she and 'Josh Brolin' (qv) had broken up.