Jan. 31st, 1970
London, England, UK
Minnie Driver's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Beyond the Lights
2014 - Return to Zero
2014 - Stage Fright
2012 - Goats
2010 - Barney's Version
2007 - Ripple Effect
2004 - Ella Enchanted
2004 - The Phantom of the Opera
2003 - Hope Springs
2003 - Owning Mahowny
2001 - High Heels and Low Lifes
2000 - Return to Me
2000 - Beautiful
1999 - Tarzan
1998 - Hard Rain
1997 - Grosse Pointe Blank
1997 - Good Will Hunting
1996 - Sleepers
1996 - Big Night
1995 - Circle of Friends
1995 - Goldeneye
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Amelia Fiona J. Driver was born January 31, 1970 in Finsbury Park, London. Her mother, Gaynor Churchyard, was a designer and former couture model and her father, Ronnie Driver, was a businessman. She has a sister, Kate Driver, who's a model and a producer. Minnie's mother was her father's mistress. Her father's wife did not know about his second family. She has Irish, Scottish, Italian and French ancestry. She was raised in Barbados.
Her first major role was in the film Circle of Friends (1995)opposite 'Chris ODonnell (I) and Colin Firth. In the next few years she had roles in films such has GoldenEye (1995), Sleepers (1996) and Grosse Pointe Blank (1997). In 1997 she starred in the popular and financially successful film Good Will Hunting (1997) opposite Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, who also wrote the screenplay for the film and received Oscars for their achievement. The film also earned Minnie an Oscar nomination for best actress in a supporting role.
She had a noted recurring role on "Will & Grace" (1998) in 2003-2004 and also appeared in films such as An Ideal Husband (1999), Return to Me (2000), Owning Mahowny (2003), Ella Enchanted (2004), The Phantom of the Opera (2004), Delirious (2006) and Take (2007). She now stars in the popular Tv-series "The Riches" (2007) opposite Eddie Izzard.
Minnie has been romantically linked with several of her co-stars, including Matt Damon and John Cusack. She was engaged to marry Josh Brolin before they broke up suddenly in 2001. In the last few years she has kept her private life, private. On March 13, 2008, during an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992), she announced that she was expecting her first child. On September 5, 2008, she gave birth to a boy named Henry Story Driver. The name of the baby's father has not been revealed.
- The name Minnie was a childhood nickname.
- Her sister, 'Kate Driver' (qv), is a model.
- Claims that one of the reasons why she and ex-fiance 'Josh Brolin' (qv) broke-up is due to Brolin's step-mother, 'Barbra Streisand' (qv), constantly trying to take charge of her wedding.
- She is an avid surfer (hence living by the beach) as revealed on _"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992)_ (qv).
- She was raised in Barbados.
- Worked as a jazz singer and guitarist in London.
- Gave birth to first child, a boy named Henry Story Driver, on September 5, 2008. He weighed 9 lbs. 12 oz.
- Attended finishing schools in Paris and Grenoble.