Jun. 24th, 1979
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
5' 2 1/2
Mindy Kaling's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Mindy Kaling is an American actress, writer, comedian, and producer. After playing the delightfully crazy Kelly Kapoor on The Office, Mindy's status in Hollywood was cemented.
Mindy was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts to Indian parents who named her after the title character from Mork & Mindy because it sounded cute and American. In 2001, Mindy graduated from Dartmouth College with her BA in Playwriting. In 2005, she made her big screen debut in The 40-Year-Old Virgin. After 8 seasons on The Office, Mindy created her own show in 2012 titled The Mindy Project, which has just been renewed for a second season.
- Co-wrote the acclaimed play "Matt and Ben", a comedy about 'Matt Damon' (qv) and 'Ben Affleck' (qv). She played the role of Ben.
- Graduated from Buckingham, Browne & Nichols, a private school in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1997 along with 'Alison Folland' (qv).
- Her middle name, Mindy, was taken from the TV show Mork and Mindy. Her mother was pregnant with her in Nigeria and that was the only American show they got there. When she met Robin Williams and told him the story he didn't believe her.
- Graduated from Dartmouth College
- She wrote a comic strip called "Badly Drawn Girl" for her college newspaper, The Dartmouth.
- A member of Dartmouth College's Improv Troupe, the Dog Day Players.