Jan. 27th, 1956
Coral Gables, Florida, USA
5' 8 1/2"
Mimi Rogers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Order of Chaos
2009 - Frozen Kiss
2006 - Big Nothing
2006 - Penny Dreadful
2004 - Seeing Other People
2004 - The Door in the Floor
2003 - Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd
2000 - Ginger Snaps
1998 - Lost in Space
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1996 - The Mirror Has Two Faces
1996 - Trees Lounge
1994 - Monkey Trouble
1992 - The Player
1992 - White Sands
1991 - The Doors
1991 - The Rapture
1991 - Wedlock
1990 - Desperate Hours
1989 - The Mighty Quinn
1987 - Someone to Watch Over Me
1986 - Gung Ho
Guest TV Roles
Agent Diana Fowley
It's fair to say that after 20 years and over 50 film appearances, Mimi Rogers should be praised for her variety of roles and acting capabilities, not for a brief marriage to a Hollywood star. In the early 1980s, she began to carve a niche for herself in Hollywood, appearing on television and in films. It was her role in Someone to Watch Over Me (1987) that got her noticed and was her springboard to stardom. Cemented by a marriage to Tom Cruise, an already established young actor, Mimi went on to appear in Hider in the House (1989), Desperate Hours (1990), and The Doors (1991). After her marriage to Cruise ended in 1990, she appeared in a controversial movie analyzing religion in America. The Rapture (1991), directed by Michael Tolkin, proved a hit and delighted audiences, creating many a debate over the film's subject material. She played a bored telephone exchange operator who swaps a sinful life of sex and swinging with other couples for a devout religious one, ending unexpectedly in disaster. A subsequent photo spread and interview in Playboy magazine in 1993 provided fans with an insight into her life with Cruise and her film career so far. Despite her successes, few meaty, interesting roles came her way in the '90s. Shooting Elizabeth (1992), opposite Jeff Goldblum, the family movie Monkey Trouble (1994), Far from Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog (1995), and Full Body Massage (1995) (TV) were just a few of the films that she appeared in. Working consistently, she rejuvenated her career in the unexpected hit Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997), playing Miss Kensington, an attractive female agent of 1960s London and the mother of Elizabeth Hurley (I)'s character. Next, Mimi was seen in the big-screen remake of the '60s sci-fi TV series Lost in Space (1998) and several guest appearances on the hugely popular television series "The X Files" (1993), playing a scheming FBI agent. A role in the Canadian indie-horror Ginger Snaps (2000) did her career no harm. Soon, she was opposite Geena Davis in "The Geena Davis Show" (2000) from 2000-01 and playing an extremely rich Manhattan socialite in the direct-to-video Cruel Intentions 2 (2000) (V).
More recently Mimi has appeared on cable television, including leading roles in Charms for the Easy Life (2002) (TV) (which she also executive produced) and Cave In (2003) (TV) (a true-life disaster drama in which she played the Chief Superintendent of a mine). In 2004, she gave a revealing performance in The Door in the Floor (2004), a critical success. "The Loop" (2006), a Chicago-based sitcom, will soon be airing in America, featuring Mimi as a flirtatious office worker. Also in 2006, Mimi will be appearing in an original horror film, Penny Dreadful (2006), playing a psychiatrist in peril. In 2003, she married her longtime partner Chris Ciaffa, with whom she had a daughter in 1995. A poker novice, Mimi also travels around competing in tournaments, some televised. A lengthy filmography and critically praised acting reveal that there is far more to Mimi Rogers than a celebrity marriage. At the age of fifty, she is still one of the busiest actresses in Hollywood, and looking as good as ever.
- Appears in _Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)_ (qv) as Austin's former love interest. In _Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)_ (qv), the "famous Austin" is played by her ex-husband, 'Tom Cruise' (qv).
- 'Emilio Estevez' (qv) served as best man at her wedding to 'Tom Cruise' (qv)
- Enjoys reading and playing tennis.
- Shares a birthday with actor 'Alan Cumming' (qv), actress 'Rosamund Pike' (qv), Harrod's owner 'Mohamed Al-Fayed' (qv), actor 'James Cromwell (I)' (qv) and actress 'Bridget Fonda' (qv).
- In the final season of _"Dawson's Creek" (1998)_ (qv), she played the mother of Jen Lindley, played by 'Michelle Williams (I)' (qv). Another star of "Dawson's Creek" was 'Katie Holmes' (qv), the current wife of her ex-husband 'Tom Cruise' (qv).
- An avid environmentalist, she has chaired the One Planet conference in the past, and is a board member of the Earth Communications Office.
- Graduated from high school at age 14.
- Measurements: 38D-26-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).