93 (passed away Mar. 27th, 2002)
Jul. 12th, 1908
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Milton Berle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
1991 - Driving Me Crazy
1989 - Going Overboard
1985 - Pee-wee's Big Adventure
1984 - Broadway Danny Rose
1979 - The Muppet Movie
1975 - Lepke
1965 - The Loved One
1961 - The Ladies Man
1960 - Let's Make Love
1960 - The Bellboy
1960 - The Bellboy
1941 - Sun Valley Serenade
1920 - The Mark of Zorro
1917 - Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Harry (segment "Love and the Vacation")
Milton was educated at New York Professional Children's School, and began performing at age 5. His first stage appearance was in "Florodora"in Atlantic City. He appeared at the Palace Theatre in New York in 1931, then in night clubs and theatres. He appeared in the Broadway musicals "Saluta", "See My Lawyer", and "Ziegfeld Follies of 1943". His television debut was on experimental scanning-wheel television in Chicago in 1929. By 1934 he was on radio.
- Godfather of musician 'Billy Sherwood' (qv).
- Adopted son, Bill, with 'Ruth Berle' (qv).
- He died the same day as 'Dudley Moore' (qv) and 'Billy Wilder' (qv).
- Appears on a 44¢ USA commemorative postage stamp, issued 11 August 2009, in the Early TV Memories issue honoring "Texaco Star Theater" (titled _"The Milton Berle Show" (1948)_ (qv), 1954-1956).
- Had a long-time joking rivalry with Bishop 'Fulton J. Sheen' (qv) ("Uncle Fultie"), whose TV show was on opposite his for many years ("He stayed on longer than I did because, let's face it, he had better writers. Mark, Luke ...").
- Always opened his show by making an entrance in a different costume each week.
- He was awarded 2 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Radio at 6771 Hollywood Boulevard and for Television at 6263 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Stepfather-in-Law of 'Richard Moll' (qv).