93 (passed away Mar. 27th, 2002)
Jul. 12th, 1908
New York City, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Milton Berle's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
1989 - Going Overboard
1985 - Pee-wee's Big Adventure
1984 - Broadway Danny Rose
1979 - The Muppet Movie
1975 - Lepke
1967 - Who's Minding The Mint?
1965 - The Loved One
1963 - It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
1961 - The Ladies Man
1960 - Let's Make Love
1960 - The Bellboy
1941 - Sun Valley Serenade
1920 - The Mark of Zorro
1917 - Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest Host
Brian Carter (segment "Love and the Old Boyfriend")
Himself - in Commercial
Milton was educated at New York Professional Children's School, and began performing at age 5. His first stage appearance was in "Florodora"in Atlantic City. He appeared at the Palace Theatre in New York in 1931, then in night clubs and theatres. He appeared in the Broadway musicals "Saluta", "See My Lawyer", and "Ziegfeld Follies of 1943". His television debut was on experimental scanning-wheel television in Chicago in 1929. By 1934 he was on radio.
- His mother, Sarah Berlinger (later called Sandra Berle), was often shown on camera as she sat in the audience for _"The Milton Berle Show" (1948)_ (qv).
- Stepfather-in-Law of 'Richard Moll' (qv).
- 'Milton Berle' (qv) described a brief affair with 'Aimee Semple McPherson' (qv) in 1930 in his 1975 autobiography titled, "Milton Berle: An Autobiography".
- He adopted a daughter, Victoria, in 1946.
- He was awarded 2 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Radio at 6771 Hollywood Boulevard and for Television at 6263 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Credits his survival as a television icon with his 30 year contract with NBC ('Groucho Marx' (qv) once joked about this saying: "30 years with NBC? That's not a contract. That's a sentence!").
- (April 2001) Was diagnosed with a slow-growing cancerous tumor in his colon. Doctors said he did not need surgery and the cancer would take 10 to 12 years to affect him. This turned out to be incorrect, as Berle died less than a year later.
- Godfather of musician 'Billy Sherwood' (qv).